PDA

View Full Version : Badass Level 35 Character Ideas.

Sketchopotamus
2014-02-20, 03:52 PM
I Need ideas for the ending of my campaign. There will be a troop of 10 warriors. Each of them level 35, with whatever level adjustment they wish. My 4 players who will be level 20, and 5 other level 25 characters will fight these people. We have 1 spellcaster in the group. And 2 frenzied beserkers (Yikes). I have one character already planned out...

Cloud Giant. 20 Levels Monk, 15 Levels forsaker. With the feat Vow Of Poverty. Ridiculous stuff. And a bunch of other stuff. But that's mostly the main premise of the character. Deals damage as if he were Gargantuan. (Which he is huge).

need 9 other ideas.

Im thinking about a Level 20 Warblade as wel, along with something else, Not sure. Maybe Crusader along with that?

RedMage125
2014-02-20, 04:13 PM
Warlock 25/Ur-Priest10

Take Practiced Spellcaster twice (once for each class).

CL for warlock invocations becomes 29.
CL for Ur-Priest spells becomes 28 (1/2 his warlock caster level, 10 for class levels, and 4 for PS).

Snowbluff
2014-02-20, 05:19 PM
Wizard6/Druid4/ArcaneHierophant10

Then spend the rest of your levels with an epic Arcane Heirophant Progression. Take epic wildshaping feats. Have epic spells.

1pwny
2014-02-20, 06:04 PM
Fighter 35: You get 25 feats.

Feats:

Weapon Finesse: 1 feat
Improved, Versatile, Superior Unarmed Strike: 3 feats
Weapon Focus/Specialization, Greater, Epic (Unarmed Strike): 5 feats
Two Weapon Fighting (normal, improved, greater, perfect): 4 feats
Weapon Supremacy (Unarmed Strike): 1 feat
Melee Weapon Mastery (piercing): 1 feat

(That's a total of 15/25 of your feats, btw)

Give him a Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes +7, a Rod of Absorption, and a Teleport-at-Will ring.

You suddenly have a person that attacks you 8-9 times with a full action, each one doing utterly ridiculous damage.

Zytil
2014-02-20, 06:15 PM
Tauric Blink Dog Swordsage/Shadow Sun Ninja.

EugeneVoid
2014-02-20, 06:36 PM
If you can't get 9th level spells (for Epic Spellcasting) then your build is weak non-optimal.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-20, 07:00 PM
Draconic Fog Giant Barbarian/Hulking Hurler/Frozen Berzerker, War Chief to flavor. It's a blue-white mass of muscle that throws glaciers at puny adventurers. Give it some lead spheres and see if the target can soak 400+ d6 of damage.

Woodling Human Druid/Wizard/Arcane Hierophant/Master of Flies. Refluff the swarm shape stuff from Master of Flies as being the woman dissolving into a bunch of falling cherry blossoms.

Shimmerling Swarm Hive Mind Psion Illithid Savant. Tiny fairies bore into the side of your head, steal your knowledge, and then transform your body into more fairies.

Mithral Body Warforged Druid/Master of Many Forms/Wizard/Bonded Summoner (Miniatures Handbook). A T2000 and it's velociraptor friend, and it's Human Torch buddy.

Finally, a Shaper/Constructor with Extend/Persist Power and demiplanes full of astral constructs preserved in quintessence.

Ditto on everything should have Epic Spellcasting/Manifesting, lol.

rweird
2014-02-20, 07:51 PM
These already are NPCs 15 levels higher than the PCs (and with races increasing ECL a lot more), and they'll outnumber the PCs, don't focus on optimizing them so much. The PCs shouldn't be ROFLstomped as the conclusion of the campaign. I think weaker ideas like a VoP monk that can't use magic items is better than super-casters (though still formidable to people 30 levels lower).

Tessman the 2nd
2014-02-20, 07:53 PM
If you put them up against a spellcaster in:
wiz5/cleric1/swiftblade9/incantrix10/Dweomerkeeper10
persist shapechange for choker and other fun
persist haste for more actions
persist other stuff that sounds cool
persist Arcane Spellsurge + use Alacritous Cogitation for more spells per round
create ice assassins
profit

but i'm thinking you want high level warriors,
Put in a hulking hurler
A high crit guy: Disciple of Dispater
A Master Of Many Forms Ranger using epic wildshaping

Urpriest
2014-02-20, 07:55 PM
You're not giving us any information about who these people are. The final fight of the campaign shouldn't be just a random fight against randomly chosen powerful enemies, it should be a fight against enemies that fit a theme that has been established throughout the campaign.

Zytil
2014-02-20, 08:01 PM
You're not giving us any information about who these people are. The final fight of the campaign shouldn't be just a random fight against randomly chosen powerful enemies, it should be a fight against enemies that fit a theme that has been established throughout the campaign.

What if the theme is "A wizard threw random crap in a blender, kill it."?

Urpriest
2014-02-20, 08:02 PM
What if the theme is "A wizard threw random crap in a blender, kill it."?

Then you have a really anticlimactic end for the campaign? :smalltongue:

Crake
2014-02-20, 08:58 PM
Wizard 1/Beguiler 2/Wizard 3/Ultimate Magus 10/PrC that advances beguiler casting 5/Epic Ultimate Magus 8

Only level 28, I know. Practised spellcaster on both sides, that'll get you Beguiler/Wizard casting at 20, with a CL of 31 on both sides, the ability to spend spells from one side to fuel metamagic on the other. If you get practised spellcaster, you can use 2 spellslots to spontaneously cast any of your spells in your spellbook. Get Eidetic spellbook for extra shenannigans. I suppose if you make the character a human, you can pick up a few levels of chameleon, and with the floating bonus feat justify having every spell ever in the character's eidetic spellbook, and thus, with 2 spell slots of a lower level, be able to spontaneously cast any spell ever (on the sorc/wizard/beguiler lists at least).

Oh, and epic spellcasting of course. Sadly since both beguiler and wizard get epic spellcasting via knowledge arcana, you only get one set of epic spells.

Edit: Actually, you could get chameleon up to 7 while remaining within the level 35 range, then using extra slot shenannigans, get 9th level divine casting from it, netting you an extra set of epic spells, plus access to every divine spell ever, and with double aptitude, also every arcane spell ever, just not spontaneously like your ultimate magus half, and at a much lower CL.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-20, 09:02 PM
These already are NPCs 15 levels higher than the PCs (and with races increasing ECL a lot more), and they'll outnumber the PCs, don't focus on optimizing them so much. The PCs shouldn't be ROFLstomped as the conclusion of the campaign. I think weaker ideas like a VoP monk that can't use magic items is better than super-casters (though still formidable to people 30 levels lower).

Ah, this reminds me. I made an epic progression for Tattooed Monk. Lol, many of the tattoos key off of the number of tattoos, and the math gets pretty cool. An Epic VoP Tattooed Monk enemy might be pretty cool to fight, actually. Except bunches of the monk-type epic feats are terribad.:smallfrown:

TuggyNE
2014-02-20, 10:20 PM
I Need ideas for the ending of my campaign. There will be a troop of 10 warriors. Each of them level 35, with whatever level adjustment they wish. My 4 players who will be level 20, and 5 other level 25 characters will fight these people. We have 1 spellcaster in the group. And 2 frenzied beserkers (Yikes). I have one character already planned out...

So … you're running a combat with no fewer than 19 epic-level characters? :smalleek: Good luck, son. You'll need it.

Sketchopotamus
2014-02-20, 10:20 PM
Ok, so my players are this...

1.)Barbarian/Frenzied Beserker/Exotic Weapons Master
2.)Swash/Rogue/Fighter/Dualist
3.)Monk/Drunken Master
4.)Rogue
5.)Barbarian Frostrager/Monk/Frenzied Beserker
6.)Dervish/scout
7.)Psion
8.)Disciple of Thrym/Barbarian
9.)Order of the Bow/Scout

5 of them will be level 25, other 4 will be level 20. The ending of the campaign, was pretty much.

They used to travel with a crazy guy named Pat, who ended up killing one of my players, and disappeared. They currently work for the king, but is fighting an army of Orcs and a leader Orc. The guys name is Kruskian. He used to be good and work for the king, but one day the city was attack by an Orcish troup, and the council of the king demanded that he executed Kruskian for betraying the king. The king said no, and instead banished him.

I installed something called a 'Wishing Stone' in my game, in which my crazy character Pat, found the stone and wished to have the power to turn good aligned creatures into evil creatures, and in replace, one evil creature would turn good. He turned Kruskian good, and all of my players (who originally were evil) became good. They have no memory. So they end up finding out that this character Pat, was an heir to the throne, a twin to his brother (Who was good but then turned evil via the wishing stone and the players had to kill him.) So they went out and tried to find evidence that Pat was evil, but he was crowned king before they could. Pat had killed his father during the war.

So then they go to confront Pat, infront of a large group of people, to tell him that he had previously started the first war, killing many of them. And that their king was evil. People rebelled, and Pat had decided to sick his 10 personal body guards onto these players.

And the final battle ensues. blah blah blah. there's the background.

Whew, that was alot to write. TL;DR

atomicwaffle
2014-02-20, 11:05 PM
Wizard 10 / Cleric 3 / Mystic Theurge 10 / Archmage 2

Cleric 3
Wizard 3
Mystic Theurge 10
Wizard 7
Archmage 2

Cast all the spells. Every. Single. ONE!

edit: thought it was 25, not 35. another 10 in epic Mystic Theurge!

DMVerdandi
2014-02-20, 11:15 PM
Throw a deity in there man.

How about making it a little kid, SUPER low wisdom points, really high charisma, 20 deity hit dice, and like 10 levels of barbarian Give him 1 divine rank, and the alter reality SDA.

Now, have him be an underling of whomever is in charge of whathaveyou.
I wouldn't even say that he was a god from the start, just explain him having an air around him of pure authority.

Have him running any and every buff possible, and then just make him wail on the party. Make him bratty and impetuous as all hell.

Azoth
2014-02-20, 11:52 PM
Elf *take your pick on subrace*
warblade20/swashbuckler3/champion of *elven god whose name I don't remember*2/Eternal Blade10.

Say hello to Str/Int/Dex to damage and the ability to take 3 turns in a single round 1/encounter.

Human
Swordsage16/warblade2/crusader2/swordsage+4/Blood Claw Master5/Master of Nine5

All the 9th level maneuvers, dual boosting to pump attack damage, dual stance a few rounds a day for added beatdown goodness. You are also a ferocius twf machine.

*Changeling*
Barbarian2 (pounce, Imp Trip, whirling Frenzy)/Ftr2/Fof3/Warshaper4/Runescared Berserker10/Warhulk10/xxx4

*require ruling that enlarge person qualifies for warhulk and that changeling change shape ability qualifies for warshaper*

Basically, you charge out and start zone controling any mele guys. Drop down some buffs on yourself by burning runes, and go to town.

137beth
2014-02-21, 12:08 AM
Wizard or Sorcerer 5/IotSV 7/Incantrix 10/Is there an epic incantrix progression? 'Cause if there is then keep going with it as far as you can. Otherwise pick your favorite other PrCs.

Wizard 3/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 17/Incantrix 10/two other levels.

Try again with a Psychic Theurge.
21 levels of spellcasting or manifesting/factotum 14 for the passive bonuses.

Commoner 35, with a custom +30 UMD item (still a nonepic item going by the ELH), max ranks in UMD, and a ton of magic items that duplicate spells and powers. If you are only going to be in one fight you won't be much different from anyone else without epic spells. At least until someone casts Disjunction on you.

Archmage is also substantially better than it is at nonepic levels (you can have epic magic items boosting your casting stat giving you tons of extra spells per day so you needn't worry about endurance, and the extra abilities are nice).

STP Euridite 20/Wizard 1/Incantrix 10/4 other levels, your pick of archmage/IoSFV.

Druid 35.

Alternatively, one or more of them should get divine ranks.
And, just for the heck of it, a 20th level Ice Assasin-generating Tippy build. If your players optimize their epic spells properly the enormous number of ice assassins from a nonepic Tippy character shouldn't be an issue (which, of course, is why Tippyverse bans epic spells).

Of course, my sense is that a fight like that would really come down to who has the most optimal epic spell combination.

Zweisteine
2014-02-21, 01:06 AM
Are the characters evil?

Somebody, find the most good-aligned PrC out there, and stick it on.

I recommend the saint template.

And why do the players have whatever LA they want?

RedMage125
2014-02-21, 03:27 AM
Wizard6/Druid4/ArcaneHierophant10

Then spend the rest of your levels with an epic Arcane Heirophant Progression. Take epic wildshaping feats. Have epic spells.

I was gonna mention this next.
I would go Wizard 3/Druid 3/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge 4/Epic Arcane Heirophant for the rest.

Once again, take Pacticed Spellcaster twice, once for each, giving the character caster level of 35 in both classes. Natural Bond makes up for another 3 levels in Animal Companion abilities. And, as you said, Epic Wildshaping/Spellcasting feats.

Someone mentioned a Duelist.
Best build for a Duelist is Swashbuckler6/Duelist10/Rogue4, then go Epic Duelist. With the right gear (Bracers of Armor, Ring of protection, Amulet of Natural Armor, Monk's Belt, DEX and INT items), you have a character with an AC of "No", as long as he always fights defensively.

Make sure to take Daring Outlaw for the increase to Sneak Attack damage. Another necessary feat is Deadly Defense, since you're fighting defensively anyway, might as well get the extra damage.

If Psionics are a go, then Psion10/Wizard10/Cerebremaner 15.
Epic Psionics, Epic Spellcasting. One prime stat. Caster level 25 (29 with Practiced Spellcster), Manifester Level 25.

Azoth
2014-02-21, 03:48 AM
Always wanted to find a use for Arcane Duelist, but it sucks on a gish. Love the capstone though.

Maybe something like...

Duskblade13/Dervish10/arcane duelist10/xxx2.

Fun with Power Attack if using a Falchion. Power Attack for full and not lose any To Hit without Shock Trooper while moving through the battle field. Greatness is activating 1000 Cuts and Flurry of Swords while using a Full Channel attack.

You get to do 8 attacks while 1d4+3 semi real images do the exact same amount of damage you do (albiet as subdual) to the enemies you choose to attack during that one round of awesomeness.

Best to save that one for an enemy you NEED to down in one attack. Otherwise just use Flurry of Swords and channel. You can use Flurry of Swords 10/day, but can only target any 1 enemy with it 1/day.

JW86
2014-02-21, 03:48 AM
Oh man OP, I've literally written 5 or 10 characters like this, they're on my HD at home though and I'm at work.

Some of them have a pretty "Bleach" Wuxia/Swordsage/Psionics style, pretty epic boss encounters.

If I have time tonight, I'll dig some of the builds up and post them.

May I suggest a "Force/Restrain" based character (A Shaper(Psion)/Wizard/Cerebremancer, or StP Erudite with abuse of Wall of Force, Forcecage, Burrowing Bonds, etc.)

How about a Shadowpounce Assassin style - Telflammar Shadowlord/Swordsage

Warblade/Swashbuckler/Battledancer/Iajutsu Master... tee hee. :)

If homebrew is an option, check out some of the homebrew ToB disciplines - Mental Grip and Black Heron look damn cool and I plan on using them for my high-level NPCs.

Snowbluff
2014-02-21, 09:06 AM
Always wanted to find a use for Arcane Duelist, but it sucks on a gish. Love the capstone though.

Maybe something like...

Duskblade13/Dervish10/arcane duelist10/xxx2.

Fun with Power Attack if using a Falchion. Power Attack for full and not lose any To Hit without Shock Trooper while moving through the battle field. Greatness is activating 1000 Cuts and Flurry of Swords while using a Full Channel attack.

You get to do 8 attacks while 1d4+3 semi real images do the exact same amount of damage you do (albiet as subdual) to the enemies you choose to attack during that one round of awesomeness.

Best to save that one for an enemy you NEED to down in one attack. Otherwise just use Flurry of Swords and channel. You can use Flurry of Swords 10/day, but can only target any 1 enemy with it 1/day.

If you want that, Duskblade13/Totemist2/CrintiShadowMarauder5. Full channel a spell on a teleport. Have a teleport for each action.

Urpriest
2014-02-21, 12:45 PM
People rebelled, and Pat had decided to sick his 10 personal body guards onto these players.

So where is this guy getting all these 35th level bodyguards? Are they mercenaries? Devotees of this guy's ideals? What is their common denominator?

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-21, 01:06 PM
So where is this guy getting all these 35th level bodyguards? Are they mercenaries? Devotees of this guy's ideals? What is their common denominator?

They each have the feat Extra Contact (plot kitty).:smalltongue:

rweird
2014-02-21, 03:36 PM
I would advise you don't do this. Sending a party against a force that outnumbers them, while each and every character in it is Ad Hoc, and never should be sent against the PCs according to WotC, will not end well, unless they are very poorly optimized. I'd recommend not taking any suggestion which involves the words "Take Epic Spellcasting", or any of the theurge builds suggested, as, if built right, will probably ROFLstomp the players.

Perhaps Knight 20/Blackguard 15, give him a high charisma score, and various divine feats. Focus on defense. I'd go with human for the race, though if you really feel the need, go with an Athach or something.

Soulknife 25/Kensai 10. You get a bunch of weapon properties (perhaps +6 Keen Triple Throw, Holy Power, Wounding Mind Blade). Take feats focusing on throwing. Throw storms of Mindblades for good damage and a debuff against good guys (1 con damage and a negative level each hit, the first strike also can do a bunch of ability damage to a mental stat). With Rapid Shot and Haste, you can make 6 attacks, each splitting into 3, all doing 1d8+3d6+6+strength modifier plus 1 negative level/17-20 x2, and each does 1 Con damage)

Kane0
2014-02-21, 03:53 PM
Warlock 9, binder 1, HFW 3, ur-priest 10, chameleon 2 with 10 more levels in warlock or scout sounds like an awesome character to play.