PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Remote Power

Zaydos
2014-02-20, 04:34 PM
Remote Power (Metapsionic)
You are able to manifest psionic powers as if you were not in your actual location but somewhere else close by.
Prerequisites: Ability to manifest psionic powers, manifester level 11+.
Benefit: To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus.
You can manifest a remote power. A remote power treats you as being in any square, that you have line of sight to (you do not require line of effect to this square), within 30-ft of your actual location for determining its point of origin.
A power with a range of touch cannot be affected by this ability. A power which is an emanation from your position instead maintains a constant center at the same distance (and direction) from you as when you manifested it.

Using this feat increases the power point cost of the power by 2. The power’s total cost cannot exceed your manifester level.

Just an idea for a psionic feat I had, probably needs some work. Honestly I'm not sure how many extra power points it should cost, minimum level that its appropriate, and whether it should even be able to affect powers that are emanations from you (ones that are bursts centered on you sure, they're the point, but Null Psionics Field not so much).

Qwertystop
2014-02-20, 06:49 PM
So it gives a 30' range increase on non-duration things (and lets you aim around corners if the corner's within 30'), and also lets you put area-effects that have the downside of being centered on you... not centered on you.

Definitely good. Not sure if it's broken, but that might just be me.