PDA

View Full Version : Dragon War [IC]

shamgar001
2014-02-20, 08:48 PM
Daramani Forest
May 6th, year 1045

The group stops to catch their breath in a small clearing.

No one remembers whose bright idea it was to escape pursuit into the Daramani Forest. It's hard to tell if it's an act of genius or insanity. On one hand, the soldiers share the local's superstitious fear of the place and would never follow you in; on the other, the things they fear may be worse than whatever fate is reserved for deserters and rebels.

Regardless, you are now in the forest, your pursuers have not followed you, and the day is passing. If you wish to survive the night, preparations must be made.

Skill challenge: Surviving the Night
This is a complexity 3 skill challenge, which means you must succeed on 8 primary skill checks before failing three times. No more than 3 checks can be succeeded on in the same skill.

Some examples of usable checks (not all are necessarily primary):
Acrobatics or Athletics could be used to climb to a high place and get a better sense of the land. An athletic person could also help construct a shelter.
Someone with a knowledge of History might recall some famous survival strategies or perhaps the account of someone who explored this area.
People who are Perceptive or knowledgeable about Nature will have an easier time finding food and water.
Skills in thievery could aid someone in constructing traps for food.
Someone who has studied Religion could attempt to invoke the aid of the Primal Spirits.

riswynn
2014-02-20, 09:33 PM
As Sahana pauses to catch her breath, she takes out her Elven waterskin and drains what little was left.

"No...this just won't do," she mutters to herself while shaking her head. "I need to find water."

She begins looking around the area for any plants, hoping that if there are some, they will be a vibrant green which indicates nearby water. "Uh huh....uh huh....hm....," she says to herself as she's crouched down in the earth, getting a little dirty.

She also takes care to look for any animal trails that might lead to an open water source.

Nature check to find water source: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-02-20, 09:55 PM
Sahana follows the signs downhill. After some walking, she comes across a stream running with cold, clean water.

One success with the Nature skill.

tbergman92
2014-02-21, 01:37 AM
Kali leaned forward, resting against his massive axe as it's haft ground into the forest floor. Looking around, he watched Sahana wander off, apparently looking for water.

"Hmmm. Give me a moment, I'll take a look around the area and get a better idea of the surroundings."

Still leaning against his axe, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, seeming to draw in on himself mentally. As he did so, a dark mist rose up from his body, surrounding him, gradually swirling around faster and faster as it compressed into a much smaller area. As it reached a certain point, the mist suddenly exploded outward, dissipating into the air. At the center of where it had swirling, a small sparrow hopped on the ground, with a marking on its back that looked hauntingly familiar, though most wouldn't have recognized its significance as an ancient form of the mark of Bane.

Cheeping briefly in the language of the birds, Kali took flight, spiraling around in a widening circle from the clearing, learning the area surrounding their stopping point. As he flew, he also kept an ear and eye out for any of his more gossip-prone cousins, like a warbler or loon. A fellow sparrow would be best of course, but any would do, really.

Nature's Mask for the transform.
Perception check, i suppose? [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-02-21, 03:11 AM
The thick canopy obscures any vision of what is beneath. Kali does, however, spot a large rock outcropping about two hour's hike to the East, the lee of which could provide shelter from the weather. To the south lies a small lake, on the far shore of which sits some sort of ruined structure.

One success with Percpetion

Max Extra
2014-02-21, 11:19 PM
Gareth saw that the group had halted and decided now would be the best time to dismount and relieve the saddle sores from the pursuit. Flipping one leg over the other, he slid from his horse lands on the ground with a solid thud.

"Well Bear, it looks like we lost them," he says to his horse as he begins to loosen and adjust his battle scared plate armor "but we need to working on getting a proper saddle for you."

As he tightened down his armor again, he saw some of the group members begin to branch out. He figured they just went off to scout around, so he would take this time to curb his hunger, hot pursuits take a lot out of a warrior. After rummaging through his travel bag, he slung his shield and sword on his back and began to look around the current spot and take in his surroundings. He also wanted to call dibs on the ideal spot to set up his tent.

perception check for useful things around the group? [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-02-22, 12:10 AM
As Gerath looks out to the limits of his line of sight, he fails to see what is right under his feet. An incautious step places his foot in the den of a viper, which lunges forward and buries its fangs into his leg. The venom shoots up Gerath's leg, bringing along a fiery pain that causes him to fall to the ground, unable to walk.

First failed check. This failure can be negated if another party member succeeds on a DC 20 heal check and Gerath spends a healing surge.

tbergman92
2014-02-22, 04:09 AM
Kali quickly flitted back to the ground, transforming back into his human form with another explosion of swirling black mist. "I saw a rock outcropping two hours to the East that might be able to provide some shelter. I also noticed a lake to the South that had some ruins which could bear exploring later."

Looking around, he suddenly noticed Gearth's plight, and called out to the others as he moved over to check on him, "Hey, any of you have any medical training? I know a bit, but it's mostly in an assisting role."

Max Extra
2014-02-22, 08:06 PM
Surprisingly the wincing, writhing, and debilitating pain that now coursed through Gareth's veins wasn't what he was impressed with or concerned with, but the fact that this little brood of vipers had pierced through his plate armor with their fangs. Gareth slumped a little trying to remain upright while he lost a bit of feeling in his leg and thinking about his choice in armorer.

"Help would be appreciated comrades." He said calmly but with a certain urgency as he wasn't too keen on dying just after escaping.

riswynn
2014-02-23, 02:13 AM
Upon hearing the calls of her gang, Sahana retreats back to the resting spot. "I have quite some experience, friend. Let us see if we cannot repair this damage. But in the future, you should really watch where you are going. It is not the viper's fault you are a clumsy fool."

Sahana kneels next to Gareth and places her hands on either side of the wound. She closes her eyes and draws a deep, steadying breath. She begins muttering under her breath, calling upon the primal spirits within and around her. As her words come out faster and more impassioned, a light blue mist forms, covering the expanse between her two hands.

Heal check on Gareth: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-02-23, 02:22 AM
The burning venom reverses direction and returns to the site of Gerath's wound. The skin around the bite marks swells for a brief moment, then subsides as an insubstantial figure of a snake slithers out and disperses in the wind.

Heal check successful; failed check negated.

Max Extra
2014-02-23, 02:11 PM
The paladin breathes a sigh of relief as the poison is extracted from the wound. Now a calm has set over him as the adrenaline subsides.

"Thank you for those magic hands of yours, but next time we shouldn't settle down where there be vipers." he said to the elf with much thanks.He redirects his attention to the bird, "I say we head for the ruins. Not a huge fan of them but never know what you may find in them."

Now filled with the hunger that only this sort of excitement can bring Gareth reaches back to his bag and finds him a snack. Then he climbs atop Bear and begin munching away wondering what the rest of the party will be doing since they have found a place to rest.

is_Wayside
2014-02-24, 07:00 PM
Unintelligible words muttered from the jaw. Deep humming inside the brain. Paranoia. Trees are whispering. An excruciating headache. Well - pain of the mind more so than the head.
Following behind Crae is a small aboleth hover-slither-walking in quick pace. The two reach a small clearing, in which the others seemed to be conversing.
A mind-ache.
Crae looked at the others. If maybe everyone was in a more light-hearted mood, focus on the required survival tasks could be easier. Better focus means more efficiency. Everything's so tall. More teamwork means better chances of survival.
In an attempt to bring the team together a bit more, Crae gives a hearty laugh and begins to diplomatically converse with his fellow group.
Focus.
"Whose bright idea was it to escape our pursuers our here into the Daramani forest, anyway? I can hardly tell if it was an act of genius or an act of insanity, friends!"

//hivemind

Diplomacy check;
[roll0]
An attempt to lighten the team's mood, and get a better focus on teamwork.

shamgar001
2014-02-24, 07:31 PM
The lighthearted comments seem to do a bit to lift the spirits of the kobold's companions.

Check successful. Instead of counting as a success, this gives each party member other than Crae a +2 bonus to their next skill check.

tbergman92
2014-02-25, 04:52 PM
Relieved he hadn't had to help with the healing--it really had been a while since he'd done anything like that, as most of those who worshipped Bane were rarely prone to helping an injured comrade--Kali considered the two options.

After thinking for a moment, he replied to the mounted half-elf, "The ruins are fine with me, though I was unable to tell if they had any standing roofs. It would certainly provide us with a clear space for a campsite, however, and is next to a lake. It's about the same distance as the rock, as well." Kali looked around the area, as usual, keeping track of the locations of all of his fellows. Sighting on the Draconian, he asked, "What do you think, Dalrash?"

Malazim
2014-02-26, 03:04 PM
Thinking on his encounters in the past Dalrash replies I have always preferred to stay near the water. Mostly because you will always have a clear line of sight. He then takes a few steps toward the way that Kali indicated was toward the lake. He then suggests I can help lead a scouting mission toward the lake, if that is the path that we are going to take.

nholloway2007
2014-02-28, 09:37 AM
Dru'jad was not of this plane, an obvious statement despite the varied nature of the party. He hailed from the Far Realms, an aboleth: a vile, disgusting creature, seemingly a cross between an eel, a fish, and an octupus...with arms and legs.

He follows closely behind the scaly kobold, listening to his thoughts, interjecting a few of his own. He leaves a trail of fishy-smelling mucus in his wake as they travel onward.

In a voice vaguely similar to that of a certain hobbit controlled by a ring from another plane, he growls, "If I had my way, I would try the ruins...at least that way there's sssssshelter from the elements," also planting that thought in Crae's head.

"Let me sssseeeee what the easiest way down isssss," he hisses as he inhales through frighteningly obvious gills.

Perception check to find the easiest way to the ruins: [roll0]

is_Wayside
2014-02-28, 04:39 PM
//ruins<///Seek it. Findfindfind shelter.

We should try to make our ways to the ruins. At least it would be shelter from the storm.

Naur138
2014-03-01, 01:11 AM
Saila was not happy about the situation. Normally he would have preferred to escape pursuit by simply by hiding in plain sight, something he was a natural at, however this time he was unfortunate enough to be stuck with a group that would have more than a little trouble going unnoticed. Now they all have to hide in a forest that all the locals only speak of in hushed tones.
Since local legend usually has some element of truth to it, Saila tries to recall what sort of whispers he had heard about this place in the last few days.

Streetwise check:[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-01, 01:16 AM
The locals may speak in hushed tones, but they say an awful lot. It seems like much of the local worrying happens in regards to this place.

Sending a PM to Naur138. This also counts as one success in the skill challenge.

Naur138
2014-03-01, 01:50 AM
"If we're going towards the ruins, we should approach them cautiously. The people of the village usually say that there is a haunted castle in these woods inhabited by some sort of evil being and I'm inclined to believe that those ruins might be the source of such stories."

shamgar001
2014-03-02, 04:06 AM
After some brief discussion, a consensus is reached: the party will make its way to the ruins.

The path that Dru'jad found to the ruins isn't as smooth as it looked like it would be. Rocky formations, creeks, and briar patches get in the way constantly. Still, you have the strength and endurance to travel without injuring or exhausting yourselves.

Dru'jad's preception check was failed.

The party makes a group athletics/endurance check to hike to the ruins. Each person uses whichever bonus is higher, and gains a +2 bonus to the check from Crae's successful diplomacy check.

Crae: [roll0]
Dalrash: [roll1]
Dru'jad: [roll2]
Gareth: [roll3]
Irime: [roll4]
Kali: [roll5]
Saila: [roll6]

4 Successes/3 Failures, which makes the group check a success.

I'll draw and upload a map of the area soon.

As you get closer to the ruins, you notice a change in the forest: dead trees become more common, and those that are alive seem to be struggling.
Many of these are covered with patches of black and grey scales which seem less than natural. The sounds of wildlife gradually grow softer before going silent, and the colors seem duller than before.

The part now arrives at the edge of a clearing, where the thick forest gives way to rocky hills covered in dusty-gray and brown grass. A few hundred feet away from the treeline sits a small still lake. On the opposite shore atop a rocky plateau is the ruins which Kali saw earlier. The gray-stone walls are collapsed at some points, but the occasional turret still seems to stand, as does the keep within.

The time is now late afternoon. Final preparations should be made if the camp will be ready by sunset.

The skill challenge currently needs two more successes or two more failures. See the Facebook post for what skills can still be used.

tbergman92
2014-03-04, 01:45 PM
Looking out across the small lake, Kali turned to the others, slightly tired from the long hike, and spoke up. "Do you guys want to just set up a camp here, or move closer to the ruins? I'm not sure that setting up next to those ruins is the right move considering what seems to be originating there."

Concerned about the emanations from the ruins, Kali considered praying to Bane for some protection of the campsite. He knew that such a prayer would come with some sort of catch--Bane rarely gave anything without asking a price, as Kali knew well. It was also dangerous, as only Dalrash knew that of his identity--Bane's followers were rarely accepted outside of militaristic nations or goblinoid tribes. It would be worth it though to keep camp protected from these strange emanations.

Decision made, he began to explain his plan, "I'm a bit worried about those ruins, regardless of how far away we camp from them. I think I'm going to make a prayer for divine protection around our camp tonight once we set up--that should let us sleep a little easier."

Max Extra
2014-03-05, 04:05 PM
Looking over the landscape Gareth can see the ruins that the party would explore across the wide lake. Excitement rushed through him as he readied himself for the next days adventure. Though eager to explore the ruins, Gareth knew that it wasn't safe to approach with what light was left in the day.

"I suggest we set up camp tonight northeast along the river. Gareth suggested.That way we have a source of possibly questionable water and a sort of defense during the night. Plus I simply enjoy the sound of running water.

Gareth then looked across the travelers he was with for any nods of approval or other suggestions.

to try and wind down for the night Gareth wants to see how many push ups he can do before getting tired.

athletics check [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-05, 04:19 PM
Running from the soldiers and the snakebite have left Gerath exhausted, too tired to even do a push-up, much less help set up the campsite.

Failed athletics check.

shamgar001
2014-03-06, 11:39 PM
The blue sky turns violet as the sun approaches to horizon. A howl escapes the forest into the glade, bringing with it an unnatural and unsettling chill, as well as a reminder that preparing for the night would be better accomplished sooner than later.

riswynn
2014-03-08, 10:40 PM
Sahana yawns, as she is very tired from the events of the day. She hates indecision more than the average person, so she throw's her backpack down on the grass and begins to unpack the essentials for the night.

"I am camping here for the night. Feel free to find another area, but I think this is best for the impending night. We can explore the ruins during full daylight."

Nature check to set up the campsite: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-08, 10:53 PM
Sahana's instincts regarding nature are sound, and her connection to the primal spirits aids everyone else in preparing for the night.

The shadows grow long, and the howls from the forest sound like they're closer.

Successful Nature check.

nholloway2007
2014-03-09, 12:19 AM
Dru'jad hears Kali's mutterings, discerning them to be an invocation for protection from whatever was coming from the ruins. He approaches Kali and growls, "Here, let me help you." He kneels, beginning to pray along with him as he pulls a small pouch off his hip and unties it. He pours salt in various designs invoking the protection of Bane as he prays.

Rolls an assist religion check to request protection: [roll0]

tbergman92
2014-03-09, 01:46 AM
Nodding in agreement with Sahana, Kali pulled his axe from his back and turned to survey the area and his companions.

Holding his axe in front of him, Kali began chanting softly in Supernal, beginning his prayers to Bane. He felt an...amused response from his deity, and an unquestionable expectation for payment if Bane decided to agree to his request for protection. Ceasing his prayer, he used the base of his axe to inscribe a large circle around the party members, leaving enough room for everyone to have space. "Stay inside the circle as much as possible. The protection won't extend past these boundaries. You will each be specifically exempted from the protection so you may cross as you will, and I can't be certain of how much it will keep out. At the least, assuming my prayer is answered, it will protect us from the worst that will be out in these cursed woods tonight."

Returning to center of the circle, Kali inscribed a symbol of protection, fused with Bane's original symbol--a symbol whose meaning had been lost centuries before any of the other party members had entered the world, and a symbol which Kali had been helped to shape with the other Immortal Vanguards of his god. Completing the symbol, he looked to the others, and continued speaking. "If any of you know of the standard symbols for protection, inscribe them into the ground withing the circle. I will pray for the power to fill those runes, but the more of them exist, the more power that can be channeled to protect this camp.".

Kneeling at his rune, Kali began intoning his prayers in Supernal, "Master, I ask for your protection of this place and these people. The powers haunting this place could prematurely hasten the end of your emissary to this land, thus delaying the carrying out of your plans. Protect us for this evening to ensure the continuation of your works. The price will be paid willingly, for your decision of payment will be only to the furthering of your plans, in the fulfillment of your skill. Your will be my guide." After repeating this prayer twice more, Kali thrust his axe towards the heavens and brought it down to impact in center of his central rune. He knew that when he released the weapon, if it remained standing upright, Bane had decided to accede to the request of his follower--however, if it fell, the camp would be sorely unprepared for the night ahead.

Religion check!!!!
[roll0] (My bonus only, no assistance checks added).

riswynn
2014-03-09, 02:09 AM
Sahana spent a few moments looking from Kali to the symbol of protection he just etched into the ground. She scratches her head as she explores the dusty, unused recesses of her memory, where she has stored knowledge she retained long ago that she has had little use for.

"Ah...yes...a symbol is coming back to me! A symbol of provision," she exclaims to Kali. "I will just write it upon the Earth here..."

Assistance with Religion check: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-09, 02:18 AM
Sahana finishes inscribing her symbol into the ground. When she steps back, Kali glances at it, his face showing some alarm.

"That's not the symbol of provision, it's a symbol of immola-"

The symbol suddenly glows red and a burst of flame erupts upward, burning away some of the adjacent inscriptions.

Kali's voice appears courtesy of Kali. Used with Permission. All rights reserved.

Dru'jad assistance check successful.

Sahana assistance check failed.

Net assistance bonus: 0.

is_Wayside
2014-03-09, 12:57 PM
//Banebanebanebanebane

"The shadows grow long, and the howls from the forest sound like they're closer. We don't have much time, so I'll help if I can."

Religion assist check; [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-09, 03:58 PM
In spite of Crae's lack of training or interest in religion, he manages to remember a few things - just enough to complete part of the circle.

Crae's assistance check successful.

Net assistance bonus: +2.

Max Extra
2014-03-10, 04:52 AM
Gareth realizes that the group seems to be worried about the protection for the night, but alas his recent push up attempt rendered him inert and just a tad out of the circle. Though tired he was not unaware of the surroundings, he was relatively concerned with these noises coming from the woods.

With a heavy sigh the half-elf cranes his head around from his extremely comfortable position on the ground to look at his horse."Bear, Buddy, give me a bit of a nudge would you?" The beast gave a grunt and pushed his master over in to the circle then plopped himself in side its borders as well."Thanks, wake me if anything gets close to this little safety bubble, I can probably still poke it with my sword from here."The horse snorted and rested his head down on the paladin in a protective way.

Max Extra
2014-03-10, 03:52 PM
Bear kept nudging Gareth enough to get him to open his eyes to see what was going on. He glanced around and found that most of the group were just looking at him. He looked around to see what the confusion was about and it seems that the circle has yet to have been completed and figured he's not getting sleep unless he helps. Gareth pulls himself to his feet and looks around the circle. He tries to pull to his mind how the circle is supposed to be finished.

Religion Check: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-10, 04:35 PM
When Gerath places the last symbol, Kali lets go of his axe.

For a moment, it seems nothing has happened. After a few seconds, however, the ground shakes for a fraction of a second and the symbols sink into the ground, as if they had been etched in stone. This chill wind, while still blowing outside, moves around the circle, leaving the inside perfectly still. Gerath also feels slightly invigorated.

The part has succeeded the skill challenge! Everyone in the party gains 85 xp.

The sun has set and darkness has descended on the glade. The waning crescent moon provides little illumination, leaving the campfire the only light source around. Another howl, this one dangerously close, causes everyone who has hair feel theirs stand up. Around the edges of the forest, glowing eyes appear, occasionally disappearing and reappearing in another place. The sound of shaking leaves and ponderous footsteps follow behind them.

Encounter 2: Shadow Attack

I'll have the map up soon, and then you all can choose your positioning.

riswynn
2014-03-11, 01:34 AM
Goosebumps overtake Sahana's arms and neck as she senses the creatures drawing nearer. She shivers as she feels many pairs of eyes resting upon her person.

Without glancing at the others to see how they are reacting, she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Upon exhaling, a magnificent string of blue sparkling lights appear out of thin air in front of her. They slowly take the form of a massive spirit bear.

"Hello, Migina," Sahana says to her dutiful companion, as she looks at her with adoration in her eyes.

Minor Action: Call Spirit Companion, placed in square P18

Malazim
2014-03-11, 04:54 PM
Dalrash thinking on the new adversaries that are now approaching.
[roll0] Arcane Monster Knowledge Check

tbergman92
2014-03-11, 05:08 PM
Seeing the approaching enemies, Kali stretched to limber himself up as he stood from his kneeling position. Setting himself for the oncoming battle, he prepared himself for the efforts of keeping his enemies attention focused away from his allies.

Looking at his axe, still standing upright as Bane's sign that his protection had been invoked, Kali put a hand to it, and wondered what Bane's price would be for this service. Shrugging to himself, he refocused on the immediate battle and hefted his axe, readying himself to fight. Examining his opponents, he selected the one directly in front of his eyes that was hanging back some as the one he would focus on. Indicating the creature with a point of his finger, he told his fellows, "That one's mine."

Minor: Mark of the Vigilante Power
Encounter, Stance
Effect: You assume a stance, the mark of the vigilante.
Until the stance ends, you gain the following benefits.
-Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or ranged
attack, you can mark the enemy until the end of
your next turn.
-You gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses against
opportunity attacks that you provoke by moving.

as a note, the one i'm referring to is Shadow Dryad 1.

shamgar001
2014-03-11, 05:52 PM
Sending a PM to Malazim containing the results of his knowledge check.

Max Extra
2014-03-11, 06:53 PM
Gareth looked out at the eyes approaching him and readied himself for battle. The paladin took to one knew and scooped from the earth a fist of dirt and dust. As he opens his fist and slowly pours the earth back he reflects upon the days when his temple was raided and destroyed leaving him as the sole survivor. The fires of rage and revenge burn within him. With this passion he whispers a short prayer too Moradin to give him the strength to protect his comrades, and to protects his lost and fallen brothers in their journey through the after life.

The half elf stand to full height, and looks to his companion Bear the only thing left besides himself of his people."Bear, My sword and shield please." The warhorse stands and moves to his master ready for battle. Gareth pulls out of the sheath his long sword and equips his shield. The cavalier's passion and energy begins to manifest into an aura around his person that can be felt.

Gareth Activates his Defender Aura
At-Will * aura | minor action | personal
activate an aura 1 that lasts until you end it as a minor action or until you fall unconscious. While in the aura enemy take -2 to attack rolls when it makes an attack that does not include among its targets either you or an ally of yours who has this aura active. Marked enemies are not subject to this aura

Gareth begins to grow impatient as he can not wait to end the evil that threatens him and his allies. "What is our plan? Are we to run out and meet them or hide behind our seal?" The paladin stands, feet shoulders width apart, and begins to shift his weight between feet ready to move at a moments notice.

shamgar001
2014-03-11, 07:32 PM
The shadowy figures creep toward the party. The faint moonlight glints off the teeth of the hounds, leaving the unsettling illusion that they are merely a pair of eyes and set of teeth hovering in the shadow. They wait to attack though.

Encounter 2: Shadow Attack
Initiative:
Crae: [roll0]
Saila: [roll1]
Gareth+8: [roll2]
Kali: [roll3]
Dalrash: [roll4]
Sahana: [roll5]
Dru'jad: [roll6]

Shadow Hounds: [roll7]
Shadow Druid Witches: [roll8]

Shadow Hounds delay.

nholloway2007
2014-03-12, 11:25 AM
"What are you...?," he says to himself, trying to make out the shadowy, snarling creatures, "...and how do I get rid of you?"

Arcana monster knowledge check: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-13, 04:55 AM
The dryads begin to walk foreward, their branch-arms held out to sway in the breeze. A soft, haunting chant floats in the wind and a fire burns in their eyes. Around the outside of the camp, the Earth seemingly begins to boil, with small mounds appearing and receding. Out of two of these mounds, a pair of thing, twisted vines with jaw-like flowers burst out, hurtling toward the party. Crae beats one aside with his staff, but the other manages to grasp Saila and pull him out of the protective circle.

SDW 1
Move action: Move to H6
Standard action: Summon Vine
Effect: Ensnaring vine summoned in H11, which immediately makes the following attack:

Grasp against Saila (melee, reach 5)
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll0] [HIT]
Hit: Saila is grabbed and pulled to I12

SDW2
Move action: Move to T7
Standard action: Summon Vine
Effect: Ensnaring vine summoned in S12, which immediately makes the following attack:

Grasp against Crae
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll1] [MISS]
Hit: Crae is grabbed and pulled to S13

shamgar001
2014-03-13, 05:14 AM
The hounds throw their heads back and let out a chorus of howls, which seem to resonate in the psyche of the party. Two of them rush in to attack the vulnerable Saila. The others move around the perimeter, evidently unwilling to get too close.

SH1
Minor action: Baying (close burst 5)

Attack vs. Saila's Will: [roll0]
Hit: Saila take a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of Shadow Hound's next turn.
Move action: Move to H13
Standard action: prepare MBA against Saila (trigger: SH2 is in J11)

Attack vs. AC: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] damage

Recharge roll for Baying: [roll3]

SH2
Move action: Move to J11

Attack vs. AC: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5] damage

SH6
Move action: Move to X12
Minor action: Baying

Attack vs. Crae's Will: [roll6]
Attack vs. Dru'jad's Will: [roll7]
Hit: the target take a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of Shadow Hound's next turn.

Other move actions:
SH3 to O9
SH4 to U10
SH5 to ab11

Malazim
2014-03-13, 10:06 AM
Dalrash rushes forward hoping the blunt the force of this attack as best he can. Yelling Help Saila. I will work to hold some of these hounds off. He then lets forth a massive blast of fire hoping to distract some of the hounds and dryads.

Move Action: Moves 6 to R13

Minor Action: Dragons breath: Close Blast 3 centered on T11
Shadow Hound 4: Attack Vs. Reflex [roll1]
Ensnaring Vine in S12: Attack Vs. Reflex [roll3]
Dalrash: Attack Vs. Reflex [roll4]

Fire Damage:[roll5]

Standard Action: Burning Spray
Shadow Hound 4: Attack Vs. Reflex [roll6]
Ensnaring Vine in S12: Attack Vs. Reflex [roll7]

Fire Damage:[roll8]
The next enemy that hits Dalrash with a melee attack before the end of your next turn takes fire damage equal to 4.

I removed some rolls because I miss read the wording of one of my powers.

Max Extra
2014-03-14, 01:34 AM
Gareth watches as Saila is ripped from the safety of the ring and begins to move to meet those responsible. With his sword drawn and shield at the ready, Gareth Runs out clear the enemies from his comrade. As he runs the Paladin yells, "BACK DOGS!"

Gareth:
Minor Action
Just to make sure Gareth has Defender Aura active

Effect: While in the aura enemy take -2 to attack rolls when it makes an attack that does not include among its targets either you or an ally of yours who has this aura active. Marked enemies are not subject to this aura.

Area: Aura 1.

Move Action:
Gareth Runs 7 spaces from P20 to I13 ( causing a -5 to attack rolls )

Standard Action
Valiant strike
Attack: Strength vs. AC 1d20+12-5+1 [roll0]

if hit([roll1]) on crit add (1d8 [roll2] + 1d6 [roll3])

Opportunity Action
If an enemy in the aura shifts or makes an attack on an ally they take radiant damage = 6

tbergman92
2014-03-14, 02:18 AM
Feeling a surge of protection as Bane's power flowed into him, Kali charged toward the Shadowy figure he had seen before the battle was joined, calling on Bane as he ran to bring knowledge of the creature's weakness and guide his strike. Reaching the creature, he shifted his momentum from the charge into a sturdier blow, twisting his hand on the barbed shaft of his massive axe as he swung it at the creature's neck. Feeling his lifeblood feed the weapon, and watching it's wicked edge take on a darker look, he set himself for the blow and attempted to draw his enemy into a better position to protect his allies from it's attention.

Gain 5THP from protection zone.
Move Action: Walk to L10
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Shadow Dryad 1.
Free Action: Bloodclaw Weapon: Take 2 DMG, Deal Extra 6 Damage on Next hit this turn.
Standard: Charge Shadow Dryad 1 (I7), attack with Overwhelming Strike.
Attack vs. AC (-5 in darkness, +1 charge)
Attack: [roll0]
OoE Reroll: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] Damage (D12 Brutal 2 (D10+2) + 8 + 6 from Bloodclaw), Shift 1 square to I6, Slide Shadow dryad to I7.
If hit, Shadow Dryad 1 is marked until the end of my next turn and takes a -2 to hit anyone other than me. Additionally, if it willingly moves away from me, I deal 6 extra damage if I hit it next turn.

riswynn
2014-03-14, 02:40 AM
As Sahana watches the battle unfold before her, she decides now is the proper time to step in. "No...this won't do, will it, girl?" she says softly to Migina. She moves her hand in the direction of her companion, almost like a wave goodbye. Migina instantly disappears.

Sahana turns around and focuses her thoughts on her comrade who is trapped in a sneaky vine. She does another spirit mantra and Migina suddenly appears next to the action.

Minor Action: Dismiss Migina
Minor Action: Call Spirit Companion in square H12
Standard Action: Watcher's Strike against Grasping Vine
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: Until the end of my next turn, allies gain +1 to attack rolls and +5 to Perception checks while adjacent to spirit companion.

Enemies adjacent to spirit companion grant combat advantage.

shamgar001
2014-03-14, 02:51 AM
Migina's teeth easily tear apart the vine. Saila feels the grip around his body loosen and his bindings fall off.

Saila is no longer grabbed.

Naur138
2014-03-14, 05:08 PM
With his hands free to move again, Saila quickly draws his rapier from seemingly out of nowhere and lunges it towards the unlucky shadow hound that was now surrounded by enemies. After the jab, Saila drops into a defensive stance, preparing himself for the next attack to come in.

Free action: Hidden rapier power(draws weapon as free action)

Standard action: Opening move vs. shadow hound 1
Dex vs. AC [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Sneak attack [roll2]
I gain +6 to AC and reflex until the end of my next turn

Minor action: Duelist's Prowess Stance
When an adjacent enemy makes an attack against me, I can make an attack as an immediate interrupt.

is_Wayside
2014-03-14, 07:59 PM
Crae moves his head robotically toward the little aboleth near his feet.
/run! It'll be fun!

"Follow me, Yeezus!"

The strange iron-scaled kobold runs at one of the dark wolves, flailing his staff in the air like a barbarian. Unintelligible Deep Speech proceeds from his mouth, mocking his enemies.

Move: to W12
Minor Action: Battlemind's Demand to mark shadow hound's #4 and #6. (Cost 1 Power Point)
Standard Action: Wave of Fatigue
Against Shadow Hound 6
Cha vs. AC;[roll0]
Damage; [roll1]
On hit, target is slowed.

nholloway2007
2014-03-14, 08:51 PM
"Well, this should be fun." He grins maliciously, baring his slimy teeth in an odd combination of a snarl and a smile, itching to sink his teeth into someone...or something's....flesh. He remains where he is and raises his staff, channeling mental powers into the very will of the closest hound.

Standard action: Mind Thrust vs. Shadow Hound at X12
Int. Vs. Will
Damage: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]

shamgar001
2014-03-14, 11:23 PM
The first dryad, having recovered from dodging Kali's strike, carefully steps away from his adversary. Small buds grow from its bark which quickly blossom, releasing a burst of fragrance. Kali doesn't recognize the mind-numbing effects of the scent until it's too late. The dryad them moves away, with Kali barely able to stand, let alone stop it.

SDW 1
Standard action: Soporific Fragrance against Kali
Attack vs. Will: [roll0]
Hit: Kali is dazed (save ends).
Move action: move to C14.

The other dryad summons another vine to burst forth, which grasps Crae and drags him away from the hounds.

SDW 2
Move action: move to X5
Standard action: Summon Vine in aa8
Vine attack against Crae
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll1]
Hit: Crae is pulled to Z9 and is grabbed.

shamgar001
2014-03-15, 12:39 AM
Forgotten recharge roll for SDW 1: [roll0]

With the battle having started in earnest, the hounds take action. The two tied up near Gareth surround him, sensing the divine power that makes him dangerous. Kali and Crae each find themselves ambushed by hounds that seem to appear suddenly from the shadows.

SH2
Minor action: Baying (close burst 5)

Attack vs. Saila's Will [roll1]
Attack vs. Gareth's Will [roll2]
Hit: the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the Shadow Hound's next turn.
Move action: shift to J12
Standard action: Bite against Gareth

Attack vs. AC:[roll3]
Hit: [roll4] damage.

Recharge roll: [roll5]

SH1
Move action: Shift to H14
Standard action: Bite against Gareth

Attack vs. AC [roll6]
Hit: [roll7] damage.

Recharge roll: [roll8]
Takes 11 radiant damage from shifting.

SH3
Move action: teleport to J7
Standard action: Bite against Kali

Attack vs. AC: [roll9]
Hit: [roll10], plus [roll11] bonus damage.

SH4
Move action: teleport to Y10
Standard action: Bite against Crae

Attack vs. AC: [roll12]
Hit: [roll13], plus [roll14] bonus damage.

SH5
Move action: teleport to Z8

Attack vs. AC: [roll15]
Hit: [roll16], plus [roll17] bonus damage.

SH6
Move action: move to Q10
Move action: teleport to J8

Malazim
2014-03-15, 02:45 AM
Dalrash continues his advance letting forth a blast of unbearable cold. Crea get ready so we can finish these creatures.
Move Action: Moves to X11
Standard Action: Rimestorm Close Blast 3 hitting only enemies
Attack Vs FORT
[roll0] VS Shadow Hound 4's Fort
[roll1] VS Shadow Hound 6's Fort
[roll2] VS Vine in aa8's Fort

On Hit [roll3] Cold damage, prone and -2 to Fort till end of Dalrash's next turn

Max Extra
2014-03-15, 01:44 PM
Gareth spins and brings his sword down again on the hound to his left.

Gareth:
Minor Action

Standard Action
Valiant strike
Attack: Strength vs. AC 1d20+12+2 [roll0] against SH1

Opportunity Action
If an enemy in the aura shifts or makes an attack on an ally they take radiant damage = 6

Max Extra
2014-03-15, 01:50 PM
Re did the post beacause rolls failed to compute
Gareth spins and brings his sword down again on the hound to his left.

Gareth:
Minor Action

Standard Action
Valiant strike
Attack: Strength vs. AC 1d20+12+2 [roll0] against SH1

Opportunity Action

tbergman92
2014-03-15, 05:16 PM
Kali powered through the effects of the spores to track his targets location as it ran away. Ignoring the hounds at his back, he charged with single-minded determination, he called on Bane's powers to track the echo of the dryad's movements and confound the attempts of the beasts at stopping him. Charging toward his opponent, he once again fed his own lifeblood to his weapon to strengthen it's bite before swinging it in a powerful swipe at her side.

Ending the swipe, he attempted to shake off the effects of the spore.

Standard: Charge to C13 using Avenging Echo (+2 vs. OAs provoked by movement from Stance (power bonus), +4 vs. OAs provoked by movement from Power (Untyped bonus) total +6).
Attack vs. AC
Reroll: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] Damage

Damage Math
{2[W] Power 2(1d10+2) (Brutal 2 D12) + 6 (Bloodclaw)+ 6 (Censure of Pursuit) + 4 (Wis) + 2 (Enh)}

On hit, Dryad is marked to Kali.
If willingly moves away, +6 Damage to Kali's next attack

Daze save: [roll3]

Boots of adept charging free action shift to B14

shamgar001
2014-03-15, 05:32 PM
The two hounds snap at Kali's heels as he pursues the dryad, but are blocked by divine protection.

SH3
Opportunity action: Bite against Kali
Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]

SH6
Opportunity action: Bite against Kali
Attack vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3]

tbergman92
2014-03-15, 06:11 PM
Feeling a surge of anger at the darkness's hampering effect on his ability to strike his target, Kali fights through his emotions to reconsider his best course of action. Subduing his desire to swing at the creature again, he instead reached into his pocket and pulled out a sunrod, quickly activating it and dropping it to the ground before resettling his grip on his axe's haft.

Action Point: Minor action (oh, the pain): Retrieve Sunrod (20 Square radius bright light), Free action drop sunrod to ground.

riswynn
2014-03-15, 11:11 PM
Sahana moves forward, closer to the fighting, since her eyesight isn't what it used to be. She speaks to Migina through their connection and instructs her to move as well.

As she glances around, she notices that Kali is struggling through a hazy daze. "...always finding a way to get into trouble...hm...," she mutters to herself while shaking her head. She points her totem to Kali's chest and sends a purple mist over to him. "I hope he does not squander my help," she continues her rant that reaches no ones ears but her own.

Without waiting to see the result of her work, she moves her totem to point at the injured hound.

Move Action: Sahana to M16, Migina to H13
Minor Action: Sudden Restoration
Effect: Kali saves from being dazed; [roll0]
Standard Action: Thunder Bear's Warding vs. SH1
Attack vs. Fortitude: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] damage, until the end of my next turn allies gain +3 resistance to all damage while adjacent to spirit companion and Saila gains +3 temporary hit points

is_Wayside
2014-03-16, 06:39 PM
The little kobold, metaphorically speaking, throws mental blindfolds the faces of the nearby shadow hounds, and follows up with a teleport -possibly on purpose - into the nearby bushes.

Standard;
Demoralizing Strike (2 Power Point Augment) against Shadow Hounds 5 and 4.
(SH4) Cha vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

(SH5) Cha vs. AC: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

On hit: the target takes a penalty to all defenses equal to 1 + your Constitution modifier (5) until the end of your next turn.

Move: Teleport to X8
(Staff of the Traveller, shift becomes teleport)
(Eladrin Armor, teleport boost by +1)

is_Wayside
2014-03-16, 06:54 PM
Crae lands in some bushes, and attempts to use them to hide.

Stealth check;
[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-03-16, 06:57 PM
In spite of his efforts at hiding, Crae's maniacal laughter ensure that the dryads and shadow hounds know exactly where he is.

nholloway2007
2014-03-16, 11:55 PM
Again, Dru'jad remains where he is, this time raising his staff and engulfing the area around the two shadow hounds in psionic flames. He sniffs heartily and smiles gleefully.

"How I love the smell of burning fur in the morning!" he exclaims, cackling dementedly.

Standard action: Burning Flux - Augment 2, targeting Z9, vs. Shadow Hounds at Y10 and Z8
Int. Vs. Ref

Attack vs. Hound 4: [roll0]
Attack vs. Hound 5: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] fire damage

//Damage is +4 with -5 defense, so +9.

Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. The zone is totally obscured, and any creature that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes fire damage equal to your wisdom modifier (+2).

shamgar001
2014-03-17, 12:32 AM
The first dryad summons another vine behind it, taking an axe strike in the process. The vine lunges forward and grasps at Kali's feet; Kali dodges the attack, but is distracted enough for the dryad to run past him.

On the other side of the camp, the second dryad braves the light to drag Gareth away, but he beats the vine back with his shield.

SDW1
Standard action: Summon Vine in D18, attack Kali

Kali
Opportunity action: MBA against SDW1
Attack vs. AC: [roll0], [roll1]
Hit: [roll2]

Attack vs. Kali's Reflex: [roll3]
Hit: Kali is grabbed and pulled to D17
Move action: Move to H6

SDW2
Move action: Move to S6
Standard action: Summon Vine in N11, attack Gareth
Attack vs. Gareth's Reflex: [roll4]
Hit: Gareth is pulled to M12

shamgar001
2014-03-17, 01:17 AM
The light from Kali's sunrod floods the area, and the shadow hounds whimper and pull away from it. The ones surrounding Gareth risk his divine punishment and retreat along with the rest. Gareth, Migina, and Saila unleash a flurry of attacks on the fleeing enemies. The two furthest from the light ignore it, focusing instead escaping the curtains of flame created by Dru'jad and attacking the Kobold.

SH1
Move action: Move to O14

Gareth
Opportunity action: MBA against SH1
Hit: [roll1] damage

Sahana
Opportunity action: Spirit's Shield
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll2]
Hit: 4 damage
Effect: Saila regains 4 HP

Move action: Move to V14
SH2
Move action: Move to Q5

Saila
Opportunity action: MBA against SH1
Attack vs. AC: [roll3]
Hit: [roll4] plus [roll5] damage

Move action: Move to X5

SH3
Move action: Move to Q2
Move action: Move to Y2

SH4
2 Fire damage from starting in zone
Move action: Teleport to X9
Attack vs. AC: [roll6] (-2 from concealment, +2 from CA)
Hit: [roll7] + [roll8] damage.

SH5
2 Fire damage from starting in zone
Move action: Teleport to Y7
Attack vs. AC: [roll9] (-2 from concealment, +2 from CA)
Hit: [roll10] + [roll11] damage.

SH6
Move action: move to Q8
Move action: move to X4

Malazim
2014-03-17, 10:49 AM
Dalrash with a burst of speed flies to toward a pack of Shadow Hounds breathing lightning on then and leaving him still sparking as he lands.

Move Action: Fly to V6
Standard Action: Lightning Breath Free Action: Staff of the War Mage increases area to Close Blast 4
[roll0] vs Shadow Hound 3's Reflex
[roll1] vs Shadow Hound 6's Reflex
[roll2] vs Shadow Hound 2's Reflex
On Hit [roll3] Lightning Damage
On Miss Half Damage
Effect Until the end of your next turn, whenever an enemy hits you with a melee attack, you push that enemy 1 square and takes 5 Lightning damage.
Minor Action: Sustain Lightning Breath Effect

Max Extra
2014-03-17, 01:53 PM
As Gareth watches the hounds run he notices a shadow creature alone and decides too take advantage of its solitude. He moves closer to engage, drawing his sword up he uses his heavy shield to gain momentum by spinning and bringing his long sword down on the monster with a valiant strike.

Move Action:
Gareth moves to H7
Free Action:
Holy Smite- target creature takes 7 radiant damage
if standard attack hits the enemy is dazed until the end of Gareth's next turn
Standard Action:
Valiant Strike- Strength vs AC [roll0]
Hit-[roll1]
crit-[roll2]+[roll3]

tbergman92
2014-03-17, 04:05 PM
Shaking off with his stupor with the assistance of Sahana, Kali nodded his thanks, and continued tracking the dryad. Crying out, "Tempus!" He felt some power guiding the path of his axe as the long-forgotten exarch of his god steadied his aim. Running towards the dryad, he prayed a silent prayer to Bane, drawing power to increase the strength and speed of his body, developing a stronger and quicker strike. His axe drank the blood that was still flowing from the wound in his hand to maintain its thick spikes as he swung the axe in an attempt to strike the shadowy creature in a vulnerable area.

Minor Action: CD Righteous Rage of Tempus, next normal hit this turn becomes a critical hit.
Move action: walk to G6
Standard: Aspect of Might on Shadow Dryad 1
Attack vs. AC
Attack:
Hit: [roll]1d10+2d6+56 damage (Used Crit numbers, because it's either a crit or a miss with Tempus)
Miss: Half Damage (which I guess means i actually have to roll the damage anyway...jeez.) [roll2] damage divided by 2.
Effect: +5 Athletics, +2 Speed, +2 Damage until end of encounter.
Also, On hit Dryad 1 is marked to Kali. and if she runs again takes anothe +6 damage if my next attack hits.

Naur138
2014-03-17, 05:08 PM
Saila's original plan was to let the enemy come to him, but that would no longer work, as they clearly were too intimidated by his defenses to try and attack. So instead, Saila decides to go on the offensive and join the group surrounding the nearby dryad.

Move action: Move to I6
Standard action: Sly flourish vs. Shadow Dryad 1
Dex vs. AC [roll0]
Damage [roll1]+[roll2]

riswynn
2014-03-17, 08:58 PM
Move action: move to S9, Migina moves to I7
Minor action: Healing Spirit Effect: Crae can spend a healing surge, and Gareth regains [roll0] HP
Standard action: Spirit of the Healing Flood (burst 5, enemies in burst)
Attack vs. SH1’s Fortitude [roll1]
Attack vs. SH2’s Fortitude [roll2]
Attack vs. SH4’s Fortitude [roll3]
Attack vs. SH6’s Fortitude [roll4]
Attack vs. SDW2’s Fortitude [roll5]
Hit: [roll6] modifier damage
Miss: Half damage
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Sahana, Dalrash, and Crae gain regeneration 2 while bloodied. As a minor action, a character can end this effect on itself to regain 10 hit points.

is_Wayside
2014-03-17, 11:36 PM
Crae is pissed and thankful, taking back blood. If he's lucky, he'll make a painting again tonight.

I like painting.

Crae spends a healing surge and regains 12 HP.
Standard action:
Demoralizing Strike (Augment 2) on SH5 and SH4.
(SH4) Attack: Charisma vs. AC;
[roll0] (-5 to their defenses, so treat like +5)
Damage: [roll1]

(SH5) Attack: Charisma vs. AC;
[roll2] (-5 to their defenses, so treat like +5)
Damage: [roll3]

Charisma modifier damage. and the target takes a penalty to all defenses equal to 1 + your Constitution modifier until the end of your next turn.

Move action: Teleport to V9

Crae uses an Action Point;

Charge against SH1 MBA;
[roll4] (+2 for charge)
Damage: [roll5]
End turn in V13

Edit: Crae knocked Shadow Hound 4 unconscious rather than killing it. As an ardent, he often feels the same thing his opponents feel, and therefore avoids killing them.

Edit 2: Okay. I guess not. But for future reference, ha ha.

Crae flails his staff wildly, and teleports around the battlefield, unsure of where he's even ended up. Looks like he's at least away from the horde of strange beasts, but his staff doesn't have as much paint as he'd like. Oh well.

shamgar001
2014-03-17, 11:57 PM
As Crae's weapon passes through the body of the shadow hound, the outline of its form fades and its body dissolves into the darkness.

nholloway2007
2014-03-19, 12:29 AM
Seeing the location of the closest shadow hound, Dru'jad realizes his...investment...is at stake.

"You're not getting rid of him that easily...." he mutters under his breath.

Dru'jad approaches the spectral beast, and as if shoving the air, he shoves the hound back as if it were hit by a wave of water.

Move action: move to U14
Standard action: Force Push vs. Shadow Hound 1
Int. Vs. Fort
Damage: [roll1] force damage, and enemy is pushed 1 square

shamgar001
2014-03-19, 12:52 AM
The first shadow druid suffers more of Gareth's divine punishment as she backs up and releases another cloud of mind-numbing fragrance. The other retreats, leaving her sister to her fate. She summons another vine which wraps its tendrils around Dalrash, only to disintegrate immediately, while the ones still on the field reach in vain for any creature they can grasp.

SDW2
Move action: Move to aa5

Standard action: Summon Vine in ab10, attacking Dalrash

Attack vs. Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: Dalrash is pulled to aa10 and is grabbed

SDW1
Move action: Shift to H5
SHW1 takes 6 radiant damage
Standard action: Soporific Fragrance, close blast 3

Attack vs. Kali's Will [roll1]
Attack vs. Saila's Will [roll2]
Attack vs. Gareth's Will [roll3]
Hit: the target is dazed (save ends)

Ensnaring Vine in N11
Grasp against Sahana

Attack vs. Reflex: [roll4]
Hit: Sahana is pulled to O11 and is grabbed

shamgar001
2014-03-19, 12:59 AM
Once again in their native darkness, the hounds resume their attack. One moves by the second dryad to protect her while the remaining surround Dalrash and Crae. Crea holds them off. While Dalrash gets bit, his assailants are punished with a burst of lightning.

SH5
Move action: move to U12

Hit: [roll1] damage

SH1

Attack vs. AC: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] damage

SH3
Move action: Teleport to Z7

SH2
Move action: Move to W5
Standard action: Bite against Dalrash

Attack vs. AC: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5] + [roll6] damage (ignore extra 1d6)
SH2 takes 5 Lightning damage and is pushed to X4.

SH6
Move action: Teleport to V4

Attack vs. AC: [roll7]
Hit: [roll8] + [roll9] damage (ignore extra 1d6)
SH6 takes 5 Lightning damage and is pushed to V4.

Malazim
2014-03-19, 01:46 AM
In a daring advance Dalrash rushes toward the Shadow Dryad casting a blast of ice around himself.
Minor action: Sustain Lightning Breath Effect
Move Action: Moves to Z6 provoking from SH2 in Y5
Standard action: Glacial Armor: Close Burst 1
[roll0] vs Shadow Dyrad Witch 2's Fort
[roll1] vs Shadow Hound 3's Fort
Hit: [roll2] Cold Damage
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 power bonus to AC and Fortitude, and each creature that hits you with a melee attack takes cold damage equal to your Charisma modifier(4).

shamgar001
2014-03-19, 01:54 AM
As he passes the second hound, it pulls back and whimpers, having learned its lesson about the dangers of lightning.

shamgar001
2014-03-19, 02:10 PM
Forgotten triggered action by Saila back in post 78.

Trigger: SDW1 makes its Soporific Fragrance Attack against Sailia
Saila
Immediate Interrupt:
Attack against SDW's Reflex: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]

Max Extra
2014-03-19, 07:33 PM
Gareth sees that the dryad is afraid and is retreating so he turns his attention to another threat surrounding Crae. the paladin can feel the magic of the dryad settling on him and makes the run to help Crae.

"Im comming Buddy!" he yelled as he made his way over.

Gareth heals for [roll0] from a team mate
Move Action: Gareth runs to P11

tbergman92
2014-03-19, 08:57 PM
Snarling through the stupor imposed by the dryad, Kali swung his axe in an sideswipe at her legs to attempt to draw her into a better position.

Free Action: Bloodclaw, -2 HP +6 DMG
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs. Shadow Dryad 1
Hit: [roll2] Damage, shift to H6, Dryad slides to G6.

Save: [roll3]

Watching his opponent fall, Kali felt the bond dissolve and the last of her life force feed into a protective shell for himself.

free action: blessing of vengeance
Trigger: oath target drops to 0 hp
Effect: gain thp equal to your healing surge value

shamgar001
2014-03-20, 01:01 AM
Kali's axe shatters the body of the dryad, sending splinters in all directions. A fine dust hangs in the air around where the creature died, delivering one last danger to its enemies. Kali's holds his breath long enough for the dust to settle, but Saila inhales some and enters a coughing fit.

Attack vs. Kali's Fortitude: [roll0]
Attack vs. Saila's Fortitude: [roll1]
Hit: The target is exposed to Shadow Blight

Naur138
2014-03-20, 10:14 AM
The dryad's aerosol assaults have left Saila disoriented and gasping for air. He begins to stumbles towards the fire and the protection of the holy circle, just barley being able to determine the right direction.

Move action: move to I12
Save [roll0]

tbergman92
2014-03-20, 08:19 PM
Coughing away the spore that the dryad had exploded into, Kali tried to identify it's composition and effects.

[roll0]

riswynn
2014-03-21, 12:09 AM
Sahana whispers a command to her companion, which turns into a cloud of blue gas. The clouds moves across the battlefield, passing through Gareth, and reforming on the other side of the remaining dryad. Migina bites down on the dryad’s body to keep her from moving.

Minor action: Spirit’s Sacrifice Migina is dismissed, and Gareth makes a saving throw against being dazed. [roll0]
Minor action: Call Spirit Companion in ab4
Standard action: Capturing Jaws against SDW2
Attack vs. Reflex: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] damage, and the target is immobilized. Until the end of Sahana’s next turn, allies can flank with the Spirit Companion, and gain an additional +3 bonus to attacks against enemies that they flank with it.

is_Wayside
2014-03-21, 09:28 AM
Crae is surrounded by people he doesn't like. This is a good time to start swinging.

Demoralizing Strike (Augment 2) on Shadow Hounds 1 and 5.
(SH1) Cha vs. AC;
Attack; [roll0]
Damage; [roll1]

(SH5) Cha vs. AC;
Attack; [roll2]
Damage; [roll3]

On hit, the target takes a penalty to all defenses equal to 1 + your Constitution modifier (5) until the end of your next turn.

Move action (only if SH1 dies);
Teleport to X12.

Crae gets really mad.
Shadow hound 5 takes 11 more damage. What a little bitch.

Malazim
2014-03-21, 10:30 AM
Dalrash turns to the Dryad and slams into it with his staffs covered in acid. Then quickly backs away turning his attention to the Shadow hounds and blasting them with acid.
Standard Action: Acid Claw Ranged 10 OAs avoided with staff expertise
[roll0] to hit Shadow Dryad Witch 2' Fort
On hit [roll1]*2 Acid damage and 8 Acid damage to all adjacent creatures and at the start of its next turn SDW2 takes * Acid damage.
Move Action: Shift to Y5.
Action Point: Standard Action: Tempest Breath Close blast 3
[roll2] to hit Shadow Hound 6's Reflex
[roll3] to hit Shadow Hound 2's Reflex
On hit [roll4]*2 Acid damage and the target can't gain combat advantage against any creature until the end of Dalrash's next turn. Also Dalrash gains concealment until the end of his next turn.
Minor Action: sustain lightning breath effect.

shamgar001
2014-03-21, 10:55 AM
The acid easily destroys the undead tissue of the dryad's body, leaving behind only a cloud of dust.

Attack against Dalrash's Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: Dalrash is exposed to Shadow Blight

shamgar001
2014-03-21, 11:05 AM
As her body dissolves, the dryad commands her hounds to avenger. They know better than to attack the dragonborn, but they give in to loyalty and do her bidding. Bursts of frost and electricity from Dalrash's body punish each assailant in turn, but he succumbs to the wounds and falls unconscious.

SH2
Move: teleport to aa4

Hit: [roll1] + [roll2] damage
Takes 4 cold and 5 lightning damage and is pushed to ab3

SH3
Move: teleport to Z6

Attack vs. AC: [roll3]
Hit: [roll4] + [roll5] damage
Takes 4 cold and 5 lightning damage and is pushed to Z7

SH5
Move action: move to aa10
Takes 2 fire damage from entering zone
Move action: teleport to ac5

SH6
Move action: move to Y4

Attack vs. AC: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7]

Malazim
2014-03-21, 11:53 AM
Imediate interupt: Trigger you are hit by an attack
Effect: until the end of your next turn, you gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses, and any creature that hits you with a melee attack take 1d6+5
Damage to Sh 2[roll0]*2
Damage to Sh 3[roll1]*2

shamgar001
2014-03-21, 12:01 PM
The remaining party members watch Dalrash fall amidst the carnage. It's hard to tell exactly what happened over there, but there was a lot of magic and things died.

Max Extra
2014-03-21, 01:34 PM
Gareth being a little disappointed he wasn't able to get in on the action around Crae is suddenly aware of the commotion coming from the dark and moves to assist feeling there is a comrade in dire need of him. Gareth finds the body of Dalrash and quickly summons his divine powers to restore his ally's life. then turning on what he thinks is another hound and attacking with a mighty divine power.

Move Action:
Gareth walks to V5
Action Point:
Gareth walks to Y5
Minor Action:
Gareth uses Restore Vitality on Dalrash
Effect: The Target regains hit points equal to your healing surge value and can make a saving throw.

Dalrash gains 17 hp and makes a saving throw of[roll0]

Standard Action:
Gareth uses Chilling Smite on SH6

Attack: Str VS Fort [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] cold damage, and the target takes a -5 penalty to damage rolls (save ends)
Miss: half damage, and the target takes a -5 penalty to damage rolls until the end of its next turn

Max Extra
2014-03-21, 01:43 PM
Gareth Also has prepares his immediate interrupt Righteous Shield if Dalrash is attacked.

"rise and fight my friend I have your back!" Gareth calls to Dalrash.

Encounter * Divine | immediate interrupt |close burst 3
Trigger: An ally within 3 squares of you is damaged by an attack
Next damage roll has a 2+ Char mod
Target: The triggered ally in the burst
Effect: You take the damage of the triggering attack instead of the target. this damage ignores your immunities and resistances. in addition you gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn

shamgar001
2014-03-21, 01:46 PM
Gareth's strike seems like it will fail, when a sudden burst of divine power guides the blade home. It seems someone on the astral plane has pity...

3, 1, 4 ... that's just ridiculous. Pulling DM fiat. Gareth's attack is a hit.

Max Extra
2014-03-21, 01:51 PM
Gareth falls to his knees and praises the deity Dee-Em for the clean strike on the hound.

Malazim
2014-03-21, 02:04 PM
Dalrash startles awake and looks around seeing thinking Well that worked better than I expected.
Current HP 43

tbergman92
2014-03-21, 07:38 PM
Recognizing his inability to reach the final hound, and trusting in his allies' ability to end it, Kali decided to clean up some of the leftovers from this side of the field. Turning to the two vines, he chose the one that was past the sunrod he had dropped earlier, and headed that way. Stopping to pick up the sunrod, he held out his axe with one hand, and shot a beam of radiance at the creature.

Move: Walk to C13
Minor: Pick up Sunrod
Standard: Radiant Vengeance vs. Ensnaring Vine in D18
Attack vs. Reflex
Hit: [roll1] Damage, and Kali gains 5 THP (not really, because he already has 15).

Naur138
2014-03-21, 08:54 PM
Seeing that the battle was almost won, Saila decides that getting back to the protection of the circle can wait for a few seconds while he turns to shoot down the last attacker. Saila's rapier seems to magically vanish from his hand as he grabs the crossbow from off of his back. With a dramatic pull of the loading mechanism's lever, Saila drops a bolt into place and fires it towards the shadow hound.

Free action: sheathe hidden rapier
minor action: equip repeating crossbow
move action:move to O7
Standard action: Sly flourish vs. shadow hound 5
Dex vs. AC [roll0]
Hit [roll1]
sneak attack [roll2]

is_Wayside
2014-03-22, 01:04 AM
Crae runs toward the last remaining shadow hound swinging his staff around in an attempt to find some paint.

Minor action - Ardent Surge;
Crae spends a healing surge, and regains [roll0] HP. Also, he gets a +1 to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.

Standard action - Charge!
End at ac6
MBA (+2 for charge, +1 for AS)
Cha vs. AC; [roll1]
Damage; [roll2]

Crae bursts out of the flames, embers and ash upon his body. Unexpected to the shadow hound, his allies, and himself, the young kobold's mind teleports him upwards, brutally smashing his staff against the skull of the last remaining shadow hound.

shamgar001
2014-03-31, 09:11 AM
Beams of golden sunlight appear over the tops of the trees, no longer constrained by the thick forest, and awaken the party. Everyone slept well; so well that it feels like they've been asleep for a week. Outside of the circle, the windy night air was punctuated by the howl of shadowy creatures and glowing eyes could be seen in the perimeter of the forest, but inside everyone was comfortable, well-fed, and safe throughout the night.

As people wake up, they eat the remainder of the food that was foraged the previous day. The whole day and its adventures lie ahead.

What do you do?

tbergman92
2014-04-01, 04:33 PM
Kali awoke from his restful, but dream-filled sleep. He was slightly concerned about the meaning of the vision Bane had given to him, but decided while eating the last of his food that he would deal with the price whenever the vision became more clear. Until then, he would continue searching out conquest, and eventually, ways to bring about Tiamat's downfall.

Looking about the area, Kali spoke to the others. "Should we explore these ruins, or search for a way out of the forest?"

riswynn
2014-04-01, 04:45 PM
Sahana stands up and stretches after a nice nights rest. She looks to the ruins that lie ahead of them, and then at the forest behind them. She nods her to herself, seemingly having decided something inside of her head.

"I do think we wanted to search the ruins," she spoke to Kali as she bends down to gather her belongings and put them back inside her pack.

is_Wayside
2014-04-02, 10:22 AM
Crae carefully examines and speaks his best Deep Speech at some rocks.

Diplomacy check to get rocks on his team.
[roll0]

We'll all view the surroundings from up there. I have eyes. There might-might-might be lots of rocks I could //see

Acrobatics check to get up onto a really large rock.
[roll1]

"Does anyone else feel like they've been asleep for a week?"

shamgar001
2014-04-03, 09:16 AM
There aren't many rocks in the area; the biggest one Crae sees nearby stands about two inches off the ground, and he has no trouble getting on top of it. It does not respond to his words.

Max Extra
2014-04-03, 11:20 AM
Gareth wakes late as Bear tries to shake and stretch. He sits up propping hit back against the horse so he could watch his companions rise and ready for the day. The paladin takes special note as he watches the Kobold speak to the pebbles on the ground as if he were to learn something from them.

"Perhaps you should speak louder to them, they may not be fully awake." Gareth jests to Crae.
All allies in 10 squares to me have +2 to diplomacy checks by default. just a reminder

Gareth rises to his feet and begins to stretch and the horse rises too and ,after both seem to do a bit of rehearsed stretches together, Gareth mounts Bear and they begin to take laps around the camp and do a bit of watching for danger as the rest of the group still gets ready.

perception check for best way to the ruins/ is there danger [roll0]

The two return to the group and Gareth shares what he saw, while Bear wakes he rest of the group.

is_Wayside
2014-04-03, 11:35 AM
From the lofty heights of his two-inch rock, the little Kobold looks up at half-elf and its horse with a dazed look in his eye. The two seem to believe in him and his ability to talk to rocks.

"They're too shy. Your turn. They'll talk to you today."

/listen/listen - wake them up!

Max Extra
2014-04-03, 11:47 AM
Gareth looks from then Kobold, then to the rock and back to the kobold. is he serious? with a little hesitation Gareth decides to humor him. The paladin stands tall and takes a deep breath and does his best to address the rock imitating the Kobolds deep speech the best he could.

diplomacy check [roll0] to the rock

"How was that?" gareth asked crae.

is_Wayside
2014-04-03, 11:56 AM
Crae begins to chuckle.

"That wasn't Deep Speech!"

The little kobold begins to laugh a bit louder, finding Gareth's willingness to humor him itself humorous! After all, most rocks don't inherently know how to speak.

"I think they're offended now!", Crae says light-heartedly.

Today is going to be a good day.

shamgar001
2014-04-03, 12:33 PM
Gareth reports that the glade is as straightforward as it looks. The ground has a few gently inclines, but it smooth and easy to transverse. The lake in the middle is the only obstacle.

shamgar001
2014-04-05, 05:34 PM
The sounds of snapping branches and anguished cries become audible from the woods in the northeast. Everyone hears it before its source it known, and they stand at the ready. A middle-aged human man stumbles out of the forest. In one hand, he holds a broken-bladed sickle, in the other, a hatchet. His body is covered in wounds and abrasions, some of which have gray scales around their edges, much like those on the dryads and trees. He stumbles foreward, rambling incoherently until he falls to the ground twenty feet from the camp.

"The trees have them ... please ... she's still alive ... won't let them take me ... oof!"

riswynn
2014-04-08, 12:10 AM
Sahana stares at the man, clearly startled. "Sir... the trees are peaceful. I do not understand the meaning of what you say," she speaks slowly and cautiously to the human. "Please, sit and explain to us. And let us mend your wounds."

Heal check to heal man: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-08, 12:35 AM
Sahana's skillful work stops the man's bleeding and calms him down a little. He speaks with an unsteady voice, and is constantly scratching at the gray scales as he speaks.

"I'm from the town o' Hangara. A few nigh's ago, Nadhi, the young daugh'er o' the mayor, went missing. We all love her. Very upset. We begged the dragonborn to inves'igate her disappearance, but they refused. Said she would show up in a few days, or that she mus' be long gone. Damned cowards. Me an' five of my mates went to find her. We all knew the fores' is haun'ed. She's worth i', though.

"We walke' aroun' the fores' for hours. Then nigh' came, an' the trees attacked. Vines were tying us up, bea'ing us wi' clubs, cas'ing spells a' us. We ran for it. Ran all nigh', I did. All my mates got caught. They're s'ill in there. An' I still don' know where Nadhi is."

tbergman92
2014-04-08, 11:03 PM
Worried after the man's pronouncement that he was being chased, Kali spoke to the group, "Take care of him. See what other information he has, and if we can help. I'm going to scout the area and see if anything followed his trail in."

Without taking the time to wait for a response, Kali turned, leaped into the air, and transformed into a sparrow. Flapping away, he ran a quick loop around the campgrounds, and then flew a seemingly innocuous path that crossed back and forth, seemingly lazily following the man's obvious trail into the forest for a distance. Throughout the flight, he paid attention to the signs in the forest around him to look for any indication of the man's pursuers or of the girl who he had mentioned, as well as taking pains to disguise his behavior to appear as a true sparrow--giving into his instincts somewhat to aid in the deception.

Perception for the Scouting: [roll0]
Bluff for hiding my true nature: [roll1]

shamgar001
2014-04-08, 11:27 PM
Kali has difficulty seeing through the dense canopy. He neither sees nor hears any conspicuous activity. This part of the forest seems mostly lifeless.

Max Extra
2014-04-09, 10:21 AM
Gareth upon seeing this odd man is torn between helping him and an urge to explore the ruins. Then it crossed his mind that the two may be connected. The Paladin approaches cautiously as to not frighten the man any farther.

"Perhaps she has been taken to the ruins across the lake? It seems like a place that you would kid nap someone too."

Malazim
2014-04-09, 01:15 PM
Dalrash steps forward toward the man making himself visible. He says Good Sir, what information can you tell me about where Nadhi was last seen. Do not worry good sir you and your concerns are going to be taken care of because you are now under my protection. We dispatched a group of witches and their hounds just last night. Give us what information you can on where to look and we will be off to find your mates and your mayor's daughter.

[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-09, 01:39 PM
The man looks at Dalrash with a somewhat confused expression. "Are you an agent of Coun' Bandhaka? Or Lady Seren? Finally, someone is taking our problems seriously! I, uh, think she was las' seen in her house. The mayor foun' out tha' she had disappeared in the morning. Leas' that's wha' he told us, and I can't think of a reason he'd lie. He takes a long drink from a canteen being offered to him. "If I were trying to live in this fores', I'd certainly try to live over there. Even a ruined house is better than in those trees."

Malazim
2014-04-10, 01:28 AM
Dalrash relpies to the man Good sir I am not under any other mans rule. If that disappoints you well I am sorry. I will help in whatever ways I can. Motioning to the group Let us now make haste for the ruins we must help this man and those of his town to find those that are lost.
Dalrash begins making his preparations to break camp and leave as soon as possible.

[roll0]

Max Extra
2014-04-10, 11:21 AM
Gareth in his head was fairly happy with himself for coming up with the idea that the two instances where connected, and as a result a small smile crept cross his face. Though Gareth has a soft spot in his heart for those in trouble, this mans appearance and likeness to the witches of the night before bring back a hard spot of his heart when it comes to trusting strangers.
This mans may be with those beasts from last night. This may be a trap... he thought to himself as he patted bear on the neck.

Seeing that the man appeared to have been running for a while and that he may slow down the groups progress he turns to he man, "You can rest your feet for the trip my friend, and ride on Bear, my horse here to our destination."

Gareth thought this the best solution because it allowed him to keep an eye on the stranger and he knew Bear would be able to throw off the man if he tries some funny business.

The paladin also asks if the man was hungry and offers him so of the food reserves packed away on Bear.

insight check I think [roll0] to see if the mans intent or words are true

riswynn
2014-04-10, 02:10 PM
Sahana puts her pack upon her back and begins walking in the direction of the ruins.

"Come, let us go," she says to her comrades who seem to be moving extremely slow this morning.

tbergman92
2014-04-10, 04:27 PM
Winging back in, Kali shifted back into his human form as he fell towards the ground. Having overheard the conversation on his approach, he immediately gathered the last of his things together and spoke about his scouting as he finished gearing himself for travel, "Well, I didn't see anything pursuing the man, or see anything suspicious about the forest other than an odd lack of animal life. However, that is quite possibly due to the fact that I was taking pains to appear as a natural sparrow, which may have caused me to miss some key sign of pursuit or ambush."

Settling his final bit of gear into his backpack, he slung it over his shoulder and looked at the group. "Ready to go?"

shamgar001
2014-04-10, 08:51 PM
The party travels around the lake. They approach the ruins from the east side. The ruins are in better shape than the title would suggest. The walls are standing, albeit atop eroded foundations, and the turrets' roofs have collapsed. The great tower, however, shows no sign of damage.

The entire stronghold sits atop a plateau with cliffs on three sides. A ramp on the north side leads down to a dilapidated dock, to which is moored a small rowboat.

Max Extra
2014-04-11, 09:35 AM
As he arrived Gareth look upon the old buildings wondering what stories these walls could tell him of the people that lived here when this place was still alive. He then chucked a little bit as he thought that maybe the Kobold could talk to the stone walls and find out just that. As he continued to look glimpses and feelings of his old temple after it was sacked and turned to ruins. He could feel a bit of resistance in Bear's reins as he led him through behind group, obviously the war horse was having similar thoughts. He decided to try and get a plan of action ready for when they start to explore the old castle.

"How do we want to go about approaching this? If this place is inhabited we may want to avoid the front door and look for a back door or hidden entrance. Or, or if you're really feeling up to it we could try to scale the walls and enter through the roof." he said to the group to try to get a feel for what other people where thinking.

As they move through the ruins Gareth and Bear keep their eyes open for doors or entrances to the castle. Gareth keeps one hand on Bears reins and one on his sword ready to arm it at any chance

[roll0]

[roll1]

shamgar001
2014-04-11, 10:15 AM
Around the back side of the fortress, in the side of the still-intact north tower, Gareth spots a metal door. There isn't a way to open the door from the outside, but the stonework around it is eroded and the hinges are most likely rusted. A proper application of strength could force it open, although someone with finesse could loosen it first; otherwise it will need to be opened from the inside.

DC 18 Strength check to open the door from the outside.
A thievery check can be used to reduce the Strength DC.
DC 20 Athletics check to climb the walls.

riswynn
2014-04-13, 10:53 PM
While the others discuss how to get up the wall, Sahana finds a soft spot nearby to sit and meditate. She quiets her mind and listens for the spirits around her. When she hears the one passing by, she addresses it. “My friend needs help getting over the wall. Could you give him a lift?” The spirit indicates its agreement, and floats over to Gareth.

Speaks with Spirits: gain a +4 bonus to my next skill check Athletics check to assist Gareth: [roll0]

Max Extra
2014-04-14, 10:39 AM
His idea to scale the wall rather than simply over power the door was meant as a joke, but the way his comrades kept discussing it and their occasional glances his direction gave Gareth the impression that they where serious and were expecting him to scale the wall. Sure ask the guy in full plate to scale the wall, not the one with wings... Gareth would gladly have wanted to climb the wall but always finds it fun to complain sometimes.

He lifts their new comrade from Bear and begins to sift through his bags for his climbers kit which was being rather elusive. He finally found it under several loaves of Journey Bread, obviously he hadn't really planned to use the thing it was just nice to have. Gareth glanced over the kit making sure that all the needed components where there so that he could make it up the wall, and then he turned and felt the wall. The wall seemed strong enough to support him and the pitons.

"Ill lower a rope to you in a minute once I am up there. That is of course unless I fall in in which I'll just open the door once I have properly welcomed anyone waiting on the other side."

Gareth grabs extra rope from the pouches, mounts Bear and then climbs to his back and begins to scale the wall.

[roll0]

[roll1] and add on 2 if Bear has a successful check

tbergman92
2014-04-14, 10:52 AM
Curious as to why the large, plate-armored man was scaling the wall, Kali shrugged, looking to Dalrash to confirm their standard course of action. Seeing his nod of affirmation, Kali transformed into his sparrow form and quickly flew up to the top of the wall as Gareth gathered his things. Hopping around the top of the wall for a moment, Kali flitted to the edge and began cheeping an oddly patterned sound, seemingly in Dalrash's direction.

Granted by Jonathon Unruh, Inc. Licensed only for indoor use.

Malazim
2014-04-14, 11:01 AM
Dalrash moves to the wall and takes to the air flying up the wall and landing in the window. Speaking to Gareth "Come on up. There is room for us up here."

Max Extra
2014-04-14, 10:05 PM
Gareth looks up from his climb to see the two sitting on top of the wall, as he does so he grunts with a disproving face, shakes his head, and continues upwards. At the end of the climb he pulls himself over the edge and lands on his feet. He quickly scans the top to make sure those that flew did not miss anything in their haste to the roof. After looking around he ties in the rope and lowers it down for the rest of his comrades to follow upward.

[roll0] looking for danger

"Grab hold and pull your selves up. No time to waste." he called down to the rest of them still on the dirt.

shamgar001
2014-04-14, 10:21 PM
The view from the wall is staggering. The castle contains two baileys, divided by a curtain wall which has crumbled near where the trio stands. There are a few trees inside the baileys that are covered with scorch marks and gashes where they have been struck by weapons. Around the edges of the courtyards are numerous buildings, most having collapsed roofs and fallen walls. The towers are standing, although the roofs have caved in on some.

What really demands attention, however, are the bones. The ground and some places on the wall are covered in skeletons dozens, maybe hundreds of skeletons. They are a mix between dragonborn and what look like humans, but at least two heads taller and twice as broad. Rusted and dented armor and weapons are in abundance. It looks like some great battle was fought here.

The wall goes on in either direction to connect with closed wooden doors on towers on either side. The doors are old, and could probably be broken through with little effort.

Max Extra
2014-04-15, 11:33 AM
Gareth looks at the remnants of the great battle that once happened here long ago, and the memories of his own temple flooded to his mind more vividly than before. He took a moment to embrace the sights and feelings rather than repress them in hopes that this sort of exposure may make him stronger, and , he hoped, it would not effect his performance and ability to protect his team. He could feel the strong emotions swelling and becoming visible in his eyes.

He again tried to recall what this place was, and why such a battle here may have happened. He looks at the remains and over the shields, armor, and weapons for clues. Gareth also takes the best looking shield he can and throws it down to where Bear is, for later. He also takes a skull and a bone or two and puts them in his back pack.

history check again cause Gareth is curious and feels connected ish [roll0]

Once all that that where coming up where up Gareth brought back up the rope and packed it away. In the event that these ruins are not as lifeless as the appear, the paladin summons forth his defenders aura, and draws his weapons.

"I suggest we head in doors, since the girl isn't out here amongst the dead." He calls to the rest as he takes point and heads to the nearest door. With his shield up and sword at the ready he kicks the wooden door.

Strength check to open door. [roll1] if this fails and Gareth isn't standing in a bed of vipers he tries to open the door using the knob(if there is one)

shamgar001
2014-04-15, 12:17 PM
The ancient door breaks easily.

Inside are a number of old beds, each with a footlocker at their foot. A small amount of light streams in from arrow slits in the outside walls.

There are two sets of stairs, one leading up and the other leading down. There are other doors, probably as weak as the first one, in the west and south walls.

Malazim
2014-04-15, 03:27 PM
Dalrash thinking that they should head to the south and search some of the larger structures. Dalrash "I think we should head south." barely waiting a response Dalrash moves quickly toward the door and slams into the door. The door comes open but not as impressively as Dalrash wanted. He nods to the group as if to say you coming.
1d20+7

tbergman92
2014-04-15, 03:51 PM
Rolling his eyes--not that you could really tell, being a sparrow and all--Kali flits over to Dalrash and rests on his shoulder, awaiting the rest of the party's decision to join or not.

shamgar001
2014-04-15, 04:14 PM
The south door opens onto a parapet that extends ten feet before dropping off into a pile of debris and broken skeletons. The wall continues after a 25-foot gap.

Malazim
2014-04-15, 09:26 PM
Dalrash seeing that Kali is following he takes off and flys to the other side. When he lands see the other hestency to follow he says "Kali and I will scout out this area unless someone objects. If you guys want to continue west or stay there yell if you need help and we will yell if we need help."

Max Extra
2014-04-15, 10:31 PM
Gareth, seeing that the group was keeping up, put away his sword and began to look through the chests at the foot of the beds for items of import. After his sweep of the chests, he looked back at the group all looking out the door that the Dolrash had just opened. He saw the light flood in and washed away the tower's darkness. In this new light the paladin was drawn to the beds, and because he has had nothing but a rock for a pillow for as long as he cares to remember he felt he had to try them. He walked to the cleanest of the beds and tested it with his hands, to stiff. The next he tested was to soft and he was afraid his full plate armor would drag him and it to the ground, but the last he saw though a little dusty was perfect. He went right to it and threw himself on to hit doing a half turn in the air and landed on his back. Through the new cloud of dust Gareth looked at the others with a smile on his face and took this time to relax before the group moved on.

shamgar001
2014-04-16, 09:24 AM
The chests look like they've been searched before; some of them have broken locks. Gareth does find a small pouch that contains a whetstone. The stone is a dark gray with streaks of green.

Whetstone of Venom
Lvl 9 160 gp
Power (Consumable ✦ Poison): Minor Action. Touch this
whetstone to a melee or ranged weapon you hold. The
next creature successfully attacked by the weapon takes
ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).

Max Extra
2014-04-17, 11:21 AM
Gareth decides to go ahead and use the whetstone on his sword because it hasn't seemed to being much damage lately and its been a while since the edge has seen a whetstone. With the rest of the group moving rather slowly Gareth decides to wonder down the stair case in the back of the north tower. With that decision made he rolls his feet off the side of the bed, stands to his, adjusts his armor, arms his sword and shield, and heads down the stairs.

"Ill be down stairs if you need me ill call out if there is trouble I cant handle." he calls over his shoulder has he descends below.

shamgar001
2014-04-17, 12:36 PM
The room below is dark, against except for the light entering in from the arrow slits and a doorway in the south. This appears to have once been a storage room, but the crates are broken up and contain nothing on interest. In the north wall is a reinforced iron door, the same one you saw from outside. This side of the door has a handle, so you could open it at will.

In the south wall is an empty doorway which leads to the castle grounds.

tbergman92
2014-04-17, 10:42 PM
Kali carefully examined the areas that Dalrash carried him through, and attempted to recall if anything sparked a memory in him.

Perception: [roll0]
Religion check: [roll1]
Arcana check: [roll2]
History Check: [roll3]
PM results, please!

riswynn
2014-04-17, 11:06 PM
Sahana decides to depart from her social organization, and embarks up the crumbling staircase that leads upwards from the North Tower. "I do love a good bit of sightseein' while explorin'," she converses with herself. "Though there are a bit too many skeletons lying about for my liking...".

Before making her way up much farther, she turns to face her associates that have not already left to explore. "Be wise while you explore. I do not think those skeletons lying about are all they seem to be," she advises them. Then she quickly turns on her heel and continues upward.

shamgar001
2014-04-17, 11:14 PM
At the top of the staircase is a simple wooden door. This door is different from the other doors that have been seen so far; it shows not the slightest signs of aging. There is a brass placard riveted to the door which is inscribed with words in an ancient alphabet.

DC 20 Strength check or DC 25 Thievery check to open the door.
DC 15 History check to read the inscription, or DC 10 for a character that can read Davek (Dwarven alphabet).

riswynn
2014-04-17, 11:39 PM
"Well, this is most intriguing, do not you think?" she ponders aloud. She places her cheek upon the brass sign, in an attempt to gain knowledge of the history of the words inscribed upon it. She closes her eyes and meditates.

History check to read words: [roll0]

riswynn
2014-04-17, 11:45 PM
Gaining nothing from her full two minutes of meditation, Sahana frowns and removes her cheek from the door.

"Well, time for a plan B, I would think," she declares. She walks back to the top of the staircase and calls down to the others. "Oh, Saila? I require your assistance, if you do not mind."

Naur138
2014-04-18, 02:37 AM
Hearing Sahana's request for assistance, Saila begins to work his way towards the north tower, staying as far from the skeletons as possible while doing so. As someone who's main concern is appearing like the common man, being in a place were the common man was dead was always a bit unnerving. Of course, the fact that the nearby village had rumors of this place being haunted didn't help much either.

Upon reaching the tower, Saila quickly moves up the steps, eager to finally be be able to get away form the bones. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, hea takes a quick look at the door and the sign, then turning towards Sahana, asks "So, What sort of assistance do you require?"

riswynn
2014-04-18, 02:46 AM
Sahana looks gratefully at Saila as he arrives. "Well, yes, this door here. I have tried my hardest to determine the meaning of these words, but have failed. So I was thinking of just trying to pick the lock on the door, perhaps," she reports while looking from Saila to the door and back again. "Would you be able to help? Two is usually better than one, ha!"

Naur138
2014-04-18, 10:46 AM
"Lets start with the what the sign says. That way we can know whether or not it's even worth getting to other side of the door." Saila walks over to the runes and starts to examine them more closely, hoping he can still remember how to translate Davek properly.

History check: [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-18, 12:56 PM
The letters are in Davek, but the language is that of the giants, a language which doesn't get much use anymore. Nonetheless, Saila is able to discern the meaning of the small amount of text.

Wizard Kavaak's Workroom
No entry except
by invitation

Naur138
2014-04-18, 01:27 PM
Feeling fairly confident in his translation, Saila turns back towards Sahana to inform her of his findings.

"According to the sign, the room behind this door belongs to some kind of wizard and judging by the look of the door the place might still be in use. Do you still want to try breaking through the door and risk angering whoever this wizard is?"

riswynn
2014-04-18, 01:31 PM
Sahana nods her head as she thinks about the findings. "Well, there is a good chance that when this wizard comes out of his shop that he will see us wandering about, anyway. So..."

Max Extra
2014-04-18, 10:55 PM
Else where Gareth opens the door to the out side and sees Bear again. He takes a second to fish out a snack from the bags on the horse before turning back to explore more of the castle. He takes a stroll over to and makes his way to the castle grounds to have a look around there.

shamgar001
2014-04-18, 11:11 PM
The grounds of the castle look even more cluttered than they did from on top of the wall. There is some grass growing in the edges and corners of the ground, but the dirt is packed down and looks fairly undisturbed by the weather.

To the west is the curtain wall breach, where there are more skeletons and debris than usual. Directly across from the tower doorway is what once was a pair of living quarters, thought the walls have collapsed and dragged the roofs with them.

A little to the East, also across the courtyard, is an intact structure, which has a symbol on its double-doors. The symbol looks like a fist holding a bolt of lightning.

Across from that, on the same side as the tower, there's a long structure with two sets of double doors. The closest set of doors are already broken off.

I hope I'm being clear enough with the relative locations of the structures. Refer to the map and message me if any clarification is needed.

Max Extra
2014-04-20, 08:03 PM
Gareth strolls over to the doors with the Fist clutching a lightning bolt and tries to open them.

[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-20, 09:48 PM
Gareth and Crae

The room inside is filled with cobwebs and smells of mold. There are two rows of benches, most of which are broken, with a center aisle between them. At the opposite end of the aisle is a stone altar and a dilapidated lectern. The wall behind the lectern is covered by a tattered tapestry, but you can see colored light peeking through the holes.

To Gareth's right is a staircase going up to the second floor.

Dalrash and Kali

The rest of the curtain wall is in decent repair. There are structures with tiled roofs on either side. At the other end of the wall, it angles around the gatehouse and continues to attach to the great tower. A few staircases lead down to the upper courtyard.

Max Extra
2014-04-23, 10:13 AM
Gareth wasn't expecting anything that the light may suggest. I thought this place was abandoned. He moves cautiously to the tapestry taking care not to make any loud noises moving between the aisles. It was times like now he wished both hands could be free so that he didn't have to smell the mold. As he approached the used his sword to draw back the tapestry to reveal the source of the colored light.

stealth check in case some one is on the other side. [roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-23, 12:41 PM
Gareth and Crae

Behind the tapestry is a large stained glass window, which casts a variety of colors of the floor. It depicts a large armored man with gray skin holding a golden warhammer in the air. Dark clouds swirl around the hammer's head, and lighting falls from them. On his tabard is the symbol of the fist and lightning bolt.

You also notice that in the back side of the altar is an indent, which happens to be in the shape of the hammer in the window.

Naur138
2014-04-24, 07:03 PM
Back in front of the wizard's workroom, Saila starts digging through his bag to find his lock-picking tools. "Ok, I'll open the door, but if we come across an angry wizard that starts throwing a bunch of magic at us, I'm blaming you."
With that said, Saila pulls the tools out of his bag and gets to work unlocking the door

[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-24, 07:18 PM
Saila's tools slip easily into the lock. The work goes quickly, and the lock clicks into place after only a little work. Saila got it!

Or not.

A series of green force bolts fly from the lock hole to and hit Saila. The field of magic protecting the door is lessened by the expenditure of its energy.

Saila loses a healing surge.
The DC for unlocking the door is decreased to 23.

nholloway2007
2014-04-25, 02:40 PM
Dru'jad teleports into the room, filling the area around him with black smoke and the scent of brimstone.

In a raspy tone, he begins to apologize. "My sincerest apologies, I got turned around on the way from the battle and had to...speak to someone."

Naur138
2014-04-25, 03:36 PM
Saila winced as he get hit by a bunch of magic that was thrown at him. Somehow he knew something like that was going to happen. However, he felt like he almost had that lock, and should be able to correct his mistake if he tried again. As he gets back to work on the door, he shoots a quick glare at Sahana.
"There may not be an angry wizard out here yet, but I still blame you for that."

[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-25, 10:20 PM
Saila's tools barely touch the lock before an electrical current runs through them into him.

Saila loses another healing surge. The DC remains the same.

riswynn
2014-04-25, 10:34 PM
Sahana looks mystified at Saila as he is electrocuted. "You should really blame yourself for that one," she says.

Naur138
2014-04-25, 11:02 PM
"Yeah, that one was my fault. You don't happen to have any skill at dispelling magical traps, do you?"

nholloway2007
2014-04-25, 11:57 PM
"Allow me," he mumbles in his screechy rasp. He kneels by the trap, taps it with his staff, and attempts to disarm it.

[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-04-26, 12:29 AM
The spell is complex. Dru-jad can sense multiple fields stacked upon one another, but done in an enigmatic way so that one would protect the other. He is about to give up when he notices a weakness in the design. It won't shut the ward down, but it would disable the triggers...

He exploits the weakness without trouble.

Dru'jad was unable to completely disable the ward, but the next failed check to open the door won't hurt.

Naur138
2014-04-27, 04:24 PM
When Dru-jad's staff touched the door, Saila thought he could see the magic leave the area just around the lock. Hoping that meant it was now safe to touch, Saila gives another attempt at unlocking the door.

[roll0]

Naur138
2014-04-27, 04:40 PM
After working for several seconds without any success, Saila can feel the magical traps starting to reset themselves on the lock. He makes one last quick attempt before withdrawing his tools from the lock.

Spending an action point for an extra thievery check before the traps reset
[roll0]

Max Extra
2014-04-27, 08:16 PM
Gareth looks over the stained glass window, he sees the the man standing in armor and couldn't quite place him yet in his memory. Gareth sat down and thought deeply about the symbol and the image to try and place the man.

[roll0]

Gareth looked at his back and found that the indent matched the hammer and though if he put the hammer there something may happen, or nothing and its just a hold for it. He thought maybe the hammer may be here in the castle. Gareth then moves to return to the group and tell them what he has found.

shamgar001
2014-04-27, 11:40 PM
Gareth

Gareth can't recall anything about the figure depicted. It seems his identity is lost to history.

Upon leaving the chapel, Gareth doesn't see any of his allies nearby, but he does hear some commotion from the top floor of the North tower.

Dru'jad, Saila, Sahana

The door swings open, revealing a small study. Against the north wall is a stand-up desk, which has a few small drawers underneath. Against the west wall is a black stone podium with an empty bookstand on top. Around the corner is a pair of bookshelves and a stuffed green armchair.

The room is immaculately clean, and it's apparent why: a small wooden figure of some sort of humanoid, no more than a foot tall, is sweeping some dust off of the desk over the side into a small bucket which is overflowing with dust, the only spot of mess in the room. Apparently satisfied with its cleaning job, the figure steps into a glass case on the desk, shuts the door, and goes still.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z93wun3ex92q0vf/Glade%20Castle%20Third%20Level.png

riswynn
2014-04-28, 12:08 AM
Elated that the door has finally opened, Sahana walks inside the study and takes a closer look at the wooden figure, whose main purpose it seems, is to clean.

"This creature looks helpful," she says to no one in particular.

shamgar001
2014-04-28, 12:17 AM
"This creature" is not a creature at all, but a homunculus. When Sahana draws near, it's head moves up, as if to look at her in spite of its lack of face. If it was keyed to a particular master, that connection has long since been lost.

This homunculus functions as some sort of familiar/magic item hybrid.
It is currently open to suggestion from anyone, but it can be bonded with specific individuals during an extended rest. It follows orders according to the usual rules for commanding another creature.
If it is hit by an attack, it goes passive until the next extended rest.

HP 1 (a missed attack never does damage)
AC 18 All other defenses 16
Speed 5

Property: The Homunculus can cast rituals of a level equal to the level of its owner(s).
Power (Daily): Free action. Use this power when you would make an arcana check. Roll the check twice and use either result.

shamgar001
2014-05-03, 12:54 AM
Kali hears a faint sound coming from the southwest tower. It sounds like a raspy chirping.

Max Extra
2014-05-03, 01:56 AM
Gareth moves towards the commotion in the north tower to try and catch up with some of the group. After walking up the stairs and past the door he saw some of the party in the room.

"I've found a sanctuary place of sorts that has some connection to the history of this place. We may want to be on the look out for a hammer, it may be of some use there. Have you found anything here?"

nholloway2007
2014-05-09, 11:46 PM
"Let me see if I can find anything," Dru'jad says, somewhat excitedly, as he scuttles off downstairs, looking to see anything that resembles a hammer.

[roll0]

tbergman92
2014-05-10, 01:10 PM
Kali cocked his head in concern. Taking wing, he circled around Dalrash's head, chirping insistently, and then flew back across the gap. Landing back on Dalrash's shoulder, he took his hybrid form, and spoke in a concerned tone of voice. "Those bones in the courtyard seem...off to me. And there's an odd sound coming from the southwest tower. I think it is best if we rejoin the others. Separating is beginning to seem like a bad idea to me." He looked over the courtyard once again, his face somehow showing both a worry about the potential trouble and a hunger to face whatever it was, as he pulled his axe of his shoulder and held it warily at the ready.

To clarify, Kali is currently in a smallish bird-man form, owling on Dalrash's shoulder, and holding his Axe at the ready. Yeah. That's happening.

Credit for idea to explain inconsistency? Jesse Fortner, Ladies and Gentleman.

Malazim
2014-05-10, 03:56 PM
Dalrash takes to the air listening to the little bird (Kali) on his shoulder. Saying to Kali "Ok. Let us go see what the rest of the group is up to in that tower." He then works his way back up the north tower to see what the group has found.

shamgar001
2014-05-10, 09:10 PM
Dru'jad

Nothing hammer-like is visible from where Dru-jad is standing. The rest of the castle will take time to search and explore. He does, however, find a long, dark brown feather on the ground. There are no signs that it has been there for longer than a few hours.

tbergman92
2014-05-14, 11:22 AM
Kali hopped off of Dalrash's shoulder, taking his human form as he did so. Striding up to where Saila and Sahana stood, he informed them of his concerns about the bones in the courtyard and the sound in the other tower, and asked for an update on what they had discovered.

Max Extra
2014-05-15, 01:43 AM
Gareth still remains fascinated by the way something so small transforms in to human and reminds himself that there is still much of the world he needs to see. He looks to Kali and informs him of the mural and the hammer shaped hole. Then he takes a moment to consider what to do next. He looks to the homunculus and wonders of what use this little thing can be. Obviously this thing has been here longer than we have, and I'm sure its gotten around and knows a thing or two about this place.

Gareth still analyzing the little thing says to the group,"We should probably check out the noise soon, as it probably did not occur on its own. As for the bones across the grounds, I have already procured several femurs from different skeletons as to try to avoid any plans they had on reanimating themselves. I figure a crawling skeleton army is a tad easier to play with than a walking one. We could probably go collect more as we move about the castle." He then walked over and pokes the little wooden man with an armored finger, and begins to address it, "Well little friend, I am looking for a hammer. Specifically the one in the mural down stairs. If you would be so kind as to take me to it I would be very happy. And if you don't happen to know is current where abouts, showing me to the dungeons door would be most useful too."

Unsure if the wooden figure understood him, the paladin steps back and waits to see if it moves.

shamgar001
2014-05-15, 02:05 AM
"Well little friend, I am looking for a hammer. Specifically the one in the mural down stairs. If you would be so kind as to take me to it I would be very happy."
And if you don't happen to know is current where abouts, showing me to the dungeons door would be most useful too."

The small wooden figure seems to understand Gareths question. It shrugs at his question regarding the hammer, but spends a bit of time thinking after being asked about the dungeon. After a moment, it hops off of the table and begins marching toward the door and steps.

riswynn
2014-05-15, 02:10 AM
Sahana, apparently quite taken with the homunculus, immediately follows the wooden figure to the door.

"Forthwith, everyone! Be quick about it," she calls back over her shoulder to the rest of the group that haven't even started to move yet.

Max Extra
2014-05-15, 03:45 AM
Gareth was a little surprised to see such a thing move as it did, and he began to follow after it. Finally someone who knows the place... As he followed after the leader, that moved at a surprising pace for its size, Gareth took note of the walls and passage ways the Homunculus took. Assuming this is the most direct route to and from the dungeons we may want to leave this way.. Gareth ran his hand along with walls as they walked as well trying to relax and keep calm even when these ruins had him on edge. He kept an eye out for anything interesting on the way to their destination.

[roll0]

tbergman92
2014-05-15, 11:20 AM
Kali sighed. Must we do all this backtracking? We should really plan out our actions better... he thought to himself as he followed the homonculus.

As he walked, he did his best to watch out for any other signs that hinted at possible danger.

shamgar001
2014-05-15, 12:16 PM
The homunculus's short legs give it some difficulty in going down the oversized stairs, but it manages, mainly by tumbling some of the way. When it gets to the bottom (and dusts itself off), it marches into the courtyard, taking a left, and then a right around the chapel. It stops and the great tower, and points toward the main door.

The main door into the keep is elevated and covered by a raised drawbridge. The bridge, when lowered, would extend from the door to a raised stone platform, accessed by stairs. As the bridge is up, it would need to be opened from the inside.

nholloway2007
2014-05-16, 09:10 AM
"Hmmm....allow me to try something..."

Dru'jad raises his staff and attempts to use his telekinetic power to lower the drawbridge from where he stands, pulling the staff toward him as if pulling the drawbridge.

[roll0]

shamgar001
2014-05-16, 12:12 PM
The drawbridge shudders and groans under the stress. A loud snapping sound can be heard as the ancient chain holding up one side breaks. The left corner hangs forward a bit, leaving a small gap between in and the wall, with the other side remaining flush.

tbergman92
2014-05-16, 01:21 PM
Kali cocked his head to the side in a very bird-like fashion, studying the size of the hole. Shaking his head, he spoke in an ironic tone, "This is probably a bad idea, but, you only live once, right?" he laughed fatalistically, and leaped into the air. In a flurry of feathers, he turned into a small sparrow, and took wing towards the opening in the drawbridge, taking care to seem as a normal bird, and to try to remain unnoticed.

Bluff: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

shamgar001
2014-05-16, 01:31 PM
Kali makes it inside. The room is very dark, apart from the narrow beams of light coming through the arrow slits and the open part of the door. From that small amount of light, Kali can see an unlit lantern on the wall and a windlass that lowers the drawbridge.

tbergman92
2014-05-16, 01:36 PM
Kali quietly lands on the floor next to the windlass, transforming back into his human form as he does so. He takes his time to lower the drawbridge fully, while keeping an eye out for any trouble.

shamgar001
2014-05-16, 01:43 PM
When the bridge is lowered, more light enters the room. It is an empty foyer, with a few lanterns on the walls interposed by decorative shields. In the south side of the room is a staircase leading downward. Across the foyer from the door is a pair of ornate double doors with a coat-of-arms on them. To the north, the room turns a corner and leads to a staircase going upward.

is_Wayside
2014-05-17, 11:45 AM
Small flashes. ///little ticks. In and out of space.

Crae, whose body has been almost present, has been very away. He recalls to himself hammers, and stained glass, Gareth having epiphanies, moons and stars, and floating caverns. With that, Crae teleports under, onto, and across the bridge in quick succession.

Finally, it strikes him. There's the homonculus;

"I haven't seen you in much time," Crae greets the wooden small-man, completely ignorant.

Crae examines the empty foyer and "feels out" the surrounding rooms whilst waiting for Gareth to cross.

Max Extra
2014-05-19, 10:44 AM
Gareth Struts across the bridge to catch up with the rest of the group and the little wooden man. As he entered he looked behind to see if anyone elsewhere was watching. It seems odd that a fight of this size would happen in the castle and this door still be up., The paladin thought to himself.Perhaps they defended this keep and those that did are still in here somewhere, dead or alive. Gareth looked back at the door and thought that it looked a little too welcoming for anyone else.

"Perhaps we should reseal the door and keep our backs safe. I would rather be cornered against this door than to any wall we find down there." He looked back to the group and waited their reply before moving on with the wood puppet.

shamgar001
2014-05-23, 03:12 AM
The homunculus gestures to the staircase to the south. It seems satisfied that is has accomplished its duties.

Naur138
2014-05-25, 04:21 PM
Saila had cautiously followed the Homunculus and the rest of the group to the keep, concerned that the small wooden figure may be leading them into some sort of trap. As he crosses the bridge he begins looking for any signs of danger lurking in the room on the other side. Turning towards Gareth Saila replies, "I'd rather leave the way open. I don't think we should consider blocking this escape route until we can find another exit to the keep, as there is probably more danger inside the building than outside."

Insight check to determine the Homunculus's intentions: [roll0]
Perception checks for signs of danger: [roll1]

shamgar001
2014-05-25, 04:41 PM
Saila notices some feathers in the corner near the north passage, and some light claw marks on the doors.

tbergman92
2014-05-29, 04:42 PM
"I agree. We should keep an escape route open. We are numerous enough to guard each other better than backing into a wall could." Kali steps toward the ornate doors, and ponders for a moment. "Perhaps we should examine this area before descending below. Or ask the homunculus for an area that could give us more information about these ruins."

nholloway2007
2014-06-01, 05:51 PM
"Yes, yes, leave the door open. I didn't come here armed, just to hide myself away behind a door. And...you there...small....wooden thing...where might we find more information?" he snarls, as slime drips to the floor where he stands.

shamgar001
2014-06-01, 05:57 PM
The homunculus had moved to the other side of the room and entertained itself by sweeping up feathers with a broom it had found ... somewhere. It stops tidying up long enough to give another unhelpful shrug, and then returns to its compulsive cleaning. It seems like he's not familiar with the inside of the tower.

Max Extra
2014-06-04, 11:17 PM
Gareth not quite agreeing with his allies still lets the issue drop, as he can handle himself either way, and decides to look around this area a bit more.

Looking for clues. like paths that people frequent more than others. [roll0]

after his little look around he motions to the others, "Im going to head on down below. Either you can guard this door all week or you can follow me."

With that the paladin begins to stride down the stairs, carefully as to not to try to draw attention if any one... or thing lurked below.

trys to be ninja ish moving down the stairs [roll1]

is_Wayside
2014-06-05, 07:44 PM
/focus

Perception check [roll0]

"I do think it would be best if we all went downstairs. We should probably stick together in case danger occurs, though I must admit I do agree with Gareth - if the door is open, we don't know what outside dangers may lurk."

Feeling firm as a crazy-yet-well-spoken gentleman, Crae begins to follow Gareth down the stairs.

tbergman92
2014-06-05, 11:27 PM
"Let's go downstairs, then. As for the door, i imagine the current denizens of such a place would find it just as easy, if not easier, to open the door as we did. I still think we should leave the door open." Kali glanced once more at the ornate door, and steps away regretfully.

"I will agree that we should stick together, however. For now, at least." Kali quickly caught up to the others who had proceeded down the steps.

shamgar001
2014-06-06, 03:55 AM
As the party heads downstairs, there is a dramatic decrease in temperature. The staircase also goes down a little farther than one floor, but that could be the result of higher steps and ceilings.

At the bottom of the stairs, there's a small chamber. Inside is a table covered over by cobwebs and dust, surrounded by three chairs. In the corner is a fireplace, also covered in cobwebs. There are two chests against the north wall.

There are three passages leading out of the room, going North, East, and South.

(Also, sending some PMs)

tbergman92
2014-06-10, 09:41 AM
"Anybody got some light? I've got one sunrod left, but I'd rather save one of my own in case we get separated later on." Kali didn't particularly mind being on his own, but he wasn't too keen on being on his own without at least some light to go by.

Max Extra
2014-06-10, 11:59 PM
Though Gareth prefers to live and preserve his order, he doesn't want his chapter to be a boring one. Not much has happened in the time he has known this adventuring party and he would like to add a story to the epic that covers his body in the form of tattoos. Seeing as writing material is scarce some times and fades or is lost, Gareth uses his body as a rather permanent canvas to hold on to the history of his people. The tattoos are kept safe from harm usually due to his armor.

Gareth, priding himself on being rather prepared, responds,"I've got some sun rods here..." he fumbles through the pack some more, " Oh and an ever burning torch. Which would you prefer we use for this little venture?" He held the bag open for Kali to pick which ever he wanted so that they can begin to move along and hopefully find something interesting.

tbergman92
2014-06-12, 12:21 PM
Thinking about it for a moment, Kali decided to grab the sunrod. "We'll use the sunrod, for now. It casts better light than an everburning torch."

Breaking the sunrod to activate, Kali looked about the newly illuminated room. Seeing the two chests, he walks over to the nearest and opens it--rather callously disregarding the chance that there was something protecting the chests in his desire for something interesting to happen.

shamgar001
2014-06-12, 01:01 PM
When the sunrod activates, more detail is seen in the burst of light.

After rummaging through the chest, Kali finds a ring of keys, a bag with 100 gold pieces, and a set of cold iron shackles.

Max Extra
2014-06-15, 04:49 AM
Gareth thought he would feel more comfort in the light of the sunrod and that it was just his nerves that where playing with him, but even after the room was revealed to him he could still feel a burden upon his strong shoulders. The paladin could feel darkness creeping around him and though the room was well lit the darkness seem too veil his vision. He stooped to his knee as his breathing became labored and increasingly difficult. What is this darkness... I must stand I can not let them see like this and begin to worry. But they must know. Gareth raises his head slightly against unseen resistance turned his head as if scanning the room for this source of his affliction.

Though his breathing still short and hard, he rises to his feet using his shield as a support. Through short breaths Gareth addresses the group, "I feel a darkness here. One I can not see, only feel. It is weighing on me and suppressing my vision and my breath. I am sorry if I slow us down, but I believe we can continue onwards. I will adapt to this handicap and remain useful, I hope. He looks around to see if anyone else may be feeling the effects and to gauge their reactions to his message. "Does anyone else feel this darkness surrounding us, or is it just me?

Just in case this can be solved with a little bit of religion knowledge [roll0]
Just in case this is a magical issue[roll1]

shamgar001
2014-06-15, 07:46 PM
Gareth can't recall any information that would help him identify the effect.

Arcana is the correct skill.

is_Wayside
2014-06-15, 07:47 PM
/focus

Crae "feels out" any presence of anything strange or out of the ordinary spiritually within the air. He hopes his experiences with the other side might have something to offer.

Arcana check
[roll0]

Regardless of what he feels, he trusts Gareth's judgement.

/mindrushblank -- F--D collap-ap-apse

shamgar001
2014-06-15, 07:52 PM
Crae suspects that, like most problems, Gareth's is cased by his spine being misaligned. Striking it with adequate force would probably fix that.

riswynn
2014-06-15, 11:38 PM
Sahana starts and inhales sharply, sounding surprised. "I... I think I just saw someone move around that corner," she whispers as she points to the south room. She tightens her grip on her totem and stares, fixated, on the door frame.

Max Extra
2014-06-16, 02:29 AM
Trying to show that they need not worry about him, Gareth moves as swiftly as possible to the door to try and catch a glimpse of what Sahana thought she saw. Shield in front of him and sword grasped firmly ready to attack, he leans out the door checking to see if it is clear.

in case its needed: [roll0]

if he can Gareth will duck inside if anything is there

shamgar001
2014-06-16, 02:54 AM
Gareth turns the corner and sees...nothing.

Nothing alive, anyway. The room seems to be a storage space. In three corners are large wooden chests, covered in cobwebs, and the fourth has stacks of barrels. No signs of life are present.

is_Wayside
2014-06-16, 04:38 PM
[feed]

"I know what I need to do," the little silver kobold whispers to himself.

Crae, like the majestic and mighty ram, runs at full speed and strikes Gareth in the lower back with his staff.

/focus

Crae's eyes widen, and after a brief pause, he speaks softly

"I thought I saw a spider."

tbergman92
2014-06-17, 01:41 PM
Having also seen something slip around the corner into the south room, Kali quickly pockets the items for later distribution (keeping a running tally in his head, of course), and pulls his axe off of his back as the odd kobold bounces back from impacting the paladin.

Stepping around them into the south room, Kali uses all of his observational skill to examine the room for the presence of someone or something.

shamgar001
2014-06-17, 02:32 PM
Kali can't find anyone in the room. However, he does find a stray emerald behind one of the barrels, next to a skeleton of a large rat. He also notices that the masonry is filled with fissures in the walls by that corner, which the spiders seem to be using to travel.

tbergman92
2014-06-18, 02:24 PM
Dropping the emerald in his belt pouch, he added it to the tally and leaned around the doorway to speak to the others.

"I want to investigate that shape more, but I don't want to miss out on anything in these chests. Someone check the second chest in there, and I'll grab what's in here. We can divvy it up later. For now, everyone else keep an eye out. After we finish grabbing the loot, we'll check out the corridor to the east. Oh, and don't forget to keep an eye out. I don't want that cloaked person to sneak up on any of us." Kali gestured at the corridor in question, and ducked back into the room to finish rummaging through the three chests.

shamgar001
2014-06-19, 12:52 AM
This chest is locked. It can be opened with a key, or with a DC 16 Thievery check.

This chest contains the remains of some food which was long ago devoured by rats, as well as two untouched bottles. Both bottles are shaped like teardrops and contain either a silvery-red or silvery-blue liquid.

Elixir of Fortitude
Level 8 Elixir
Power (Consumable): Minor Action. Use this power after your drink the elixir. Once during this encounter, you can use an immediate interrupt action when you would be hit by an attack to gain a Fortitude defense of 25 against
a single attack. This replaces your normal Fortitude defense for that attack.

Elixir of Will
Level 8 Elixir
Power (Consumable): Minor Action. Use this power after your drink the elixir. Once during this encounter, you can use an immediate interrupt action when you would be hit by an attack to gain a Will defense of 25 against
a single attack. This replaces your normal Will defense for that attack.

This chest contains moth-eaten rags which were formerly fine garments. There is a leather bag between some of the folds which contains 400 gold pieces.

This chest contains only an ancient tome. Its cover is plated with gold leaf, and its pages hold lavish illuminations and expert calligraphy. It is written in the language of Giants.

tbergman92
2014-06-20, 05:40 PM
After pocketing the items in the storage room, and adding them to the tally of items he was keeping for the group to divvy later, Kali moved back to the center room.

Upon hearing that the chest was locked, he had an idea. It was unlikely, but wanting to try it anyway, Kali stepped over to the locked chest and tried the keys on the ring to see if any of them would open the lock.

shamgar001
2014-06-20, 06:09 PM
There are four keys on the ring (which will be designated A, B, C, and D). After trying a few out, Kali unlocks the chest with key A.

Inside, he finds an additional 200 gold pieces, a set of thieves' tools, a cloak, and a pair of boots, and an old short sword.

The thieves' tools and sword are mundane.

Psyweave Cloak
Level 8 Neck slot
+2 enhancement bonus to Reflex, Fortitude, and Will
Power (Daily * Augmentable): Minor Action. You gain resist 5 to all damage until the start of your next turn.
Augment 1: Increase the resistance by 5.

Boots of Adept Charging
Level 2 Feet slot
Property: After charging, you can shift 1 square before your turn ends.

tbergman92
2014-06-23, 04:20 PM
"Alright, then. We got quite a bit of loot there. We'll divvy it later. For now, let's see what's down that east passageway." Kali said as he finished packing up the items he had found. Looking about the room, he nodded in satisfaction that he had looted it thoroughly, and walked to the eastern passageway.

shamgar001
2014-06-24, 01:08 AM
Through the east passage is a short hallway with four prison cells, two to each side. The bars are rusted and grimy. The inside of the cells are filled with the remains of long-decayed straw, cobwebs, and the droppings of vermin. The cell in the southeast holds a skeletal humanoid.

is_Wayside
2014-06-24, 09:26 PM
/spiderspider?

Crae begins to slowly sneak, following into the southern room Kali Baby just entered. Spiders on his mind, he begins to inspect the fissure that the spiders are traveling through.

Maybe they're speaking? Or playing with my mind, or -

/spiderspiderspiders!

Stealth check;
[roll0]
Perception check on crevice and all its little friends.;
[roll1]

shamgar001
2014-06-24, 11:22 PM
The cracks have a thin layer of moisture inside of them, and Crae can feel a slight draft coming from the largest one. The air smells of mildew.

Max Extra
2014-06-26, 10:36 AM
Gareth stiffened a little when he felt a sudden blow to his back, no pain could be felt through his armor but he was shocked a little. He turned to see that it was Crae who had just attacked him. With a little confusion about him and feeling silly now for being combat ready when they were alone, Gareth lowered his shield and sheathed his sword. He looked down at Crae and shook his head slightly with a look of disappointment.

Turning from that he looked at the room he was in. Seeing the spiders crawl from the hole gave Gareth the idea that this room is not the dead end it appears to be. "Perhaps this crack here is the sign of a pass through the wall here? We ought to see if we can find a way through."