PDA

View Full Version : Chaotic Evil Cleric Build

Sharigen95
2014-02-20, 08:50 PM
What is a good build for an evil cleric that does not specialize in straight up combat. I'm asking for a either a summoner build, evil (debuffs) support build, or a caster build (which is more preferable). Any 3.5 book can be used.

Sheogoroth
2014-02-21, 11:15 AM
Best evil cleric is either the Walker in the Waste from Sandstorm or one of the many necromancer prestige classes.
If you can convince your DM to let you have it, Horned Harbinger from(I believe) Faiths of Faerun is positively game breaking- I mean, you don't advance your casting at all, but there's no better class for creating and control undead.
Pale Master and Dread Necromancer have a lot of potential. True Necromancer is complete and utter garbage.

EDIT: If you're planning on dishing pain, you aren't going to have much of an advantage over a Sorcerer or a Warlock with Inflict.

eggynack
2014-02-21, 11:32 AM
Horned Harbinger from(I believe) Faiths of Faerun is positively game breaking- I mean, you don't advance your casting at all, but there's no better class for creating and control undead.
It seems kinda really bad to me. I don't even know if your HD limit would actually be all that much higher than it otherwise would be, seeing as the deathbound domain already increases the limit to three times your caster level, and as this class doesn't increase your caster level. I mean, you enter at something like level six, with a caster level of five, and you pick up the captain of undeath ability at level 10, so you have 25 HD where you would otherwise have 30. You can mitigate that with practiced spellcaster, but that's still only getting you 15 extra HD. Also, seriously, the lost caster level thing. That's way more important than everything else in existence. Cleric necromancy is a time honored tradition though.

Edit: That HD difference closes, by the way. The horned harbinger is trapped at 45 HD until level 15, while the cleric increases by three/level. Thus, at level 14, the cleric has 42 HD, while the horned harbinger only gets three more HD than that. Not that big a difference. Next level sees a boost to 90, but then the cleric has 8th level spells and does not care (and before that he had 7th level spells and did not care).