PDA

View Full Version : Really messed up spell combinations.

Gamereaper
2014-02-20, 08:52 PM
Ok, so I want to make a Archivist with a bunch of seemingly ordinary utilitarian spells, but hide a much more comical and sinister meaning behind them.

Pretty much some of my ideas are the following, once you see where I'm going with this, you'll understand where I'm going with it.

Ideas so far:

1)
Hideous uncontrollable laughter
+
(Shove a canteen in their mouth)

2)
Petrification + Transmute Rock To Mud
(Proceed to make mud angels)

3)
Petrification + Tenser's Floating Disc
(Place Statue in)

Transmute Rock To Mud + Purify Water
(Drink some, save some for later)

4)
Petrification + Stone Shape + Stone To Flesh
(Evil laugh)

5)
Reverse Gravity + Wall Of Stone
Spike Growth + Stone Shape
(I call this "making the burrito")

6)
Magic Jar + Feather Fall
(Jump off cliff and switch back)

7)
(Afraid I'll get banned if I post this one)

Any other messed up ideas?

Crake
2014-02-20, 10:43 PM
Whats the last one! I have to know! Pm it to me if you're worried about getting an infraction.

atomicwaffle
2014-02-20, 10:51 PM
i've long stated that if my theurge ever goes mad, he will go across the country sculpting 50 ft 'monoliths' with stone shape, then stone to flesh, prestidigitation for effects (pulsing, etc) and permanency.

Gamereaper
2014-02-21, 08:43 AM
Whats the last one! I have to know! Pm it to me if you're worried about getting an infraction.

It was more of a joke really, specifically for that very reason that it would have driven you nuts not knowing. XD

i've long stated that if my theurge ever goes mad, he will go across the country sculpting 50 ft 'monoliths' with stone shape, then stone to flesh, prestidigitation for effects (pulsing, etc) and permanency.

Can you explain that one a bit further? I'm not getting that one. :(

atomicwaffle
2014-02-21, 09:07 AM
Can you explain that one a bit further? I'm not getting that one. :(

giant wangs

Jeff the Green
2014-02-21, 10:25 AM
giant wangs

So... There are going to be giant rotting penises around the countryside? :smalleek:

Unseen servant and it's kin can do a lot of horrible things if you're creative. Likewise prestidigitation.

nedz
2014-02-21, 11:37 AM
So... There are going to be giant rotting penises around the countryside? :smalleek:

Maybe he's going to make statues of the god Priapus ? :smallsigh:

ArcaneGlyph
2014-02-21, 11:48 AM
Summon Salt Water Elemental
Summon Dire Sharke

Grapple with elemental, nomnom with Shark.

Oldie but a goodie

Gamereaper
2014-02-21, 11:53 AM
giant wangs

Ah ok. Using Permanency might have to be sparing though, I don't like using XP. :/

Summon Dire Sharke

Oldie but a goodie

Haha, nice.

Deophaun
2014-02-21, 12:16 PM
Summon Dire Sharke

Oldie but a goodie
Of course, we now know it's possible to do something similar with Control Winds.

Socksy
2014-02-21, 12:31 PM
Someone had a sig quote involving Flesh to Stone, Rock to Mud, a bunch of pots, and Plant Growth to help druids get closer to becoming one with nature...

Snowbluff
2014-02-21, 12:36 PM
Mindrape + Ice Assassin. Derail the assassin's quest to kill the original.

Necroticplague
2014-02-21, 12:39 PM
Mindrape+love's pain. Kill anyone, anywhere, no save.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-21, 12:53 PM
Mindrape + Ice Assassin. Derail the assassin's quest to kill the original.

Aw, but that's so limited. Convince the ice assassin that it's a copy of itself, then command it not to harm itself. Watch it squirm!

Or, mindrape it into thinking it's a copy of someone else, complete with false memories of it's appearance and glammered mirrors showing it the wrong reflection.

I mean, the spell uses the word "obsession," as I recall, which pretty much just begs for some mind games.

More to the point of the OP, touch of jubilex plus some form of dire hunger or the like that makes someone attack an ally as they are turning into green slime. "Ack, I'm turning into green slime...hey, gimme a hug, man!"

[space reserved for one of the many iterations of heart's treasure lost combos]

Flesh to ice, then control temperature to slowly crank up the heat.

Gate someone, force them to use body out of body (via UMD), force original to fail save vs microcosm...make someone watch as you put them in a vegetative state.

Mindrape someone into thinking they can manifest hypercognition/metafaculty, then when they attempt to do so, make them think that the power tells them that it is a factual certainty that they commit suicide or otherwise are subject to unavoidable death. Watch as the logical guy has a nervous breakdown.

Ack, mindrape is just too Easy Button.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-21, 01:17 PM
Maybe he's going to make statues of the god Priapus ? :smallsigh:

It's the fact that he's not preserving them that bothers me. You at least need a purify food and drink trap set up.

I rather like stone shape + stone to flesh + animate dead..

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-21, 01:21 PM
It's the fact that he's not preserving them that bothers me. You at least need a purify food and drink trap set up.

I wonder if animated objects made of flesh rot....

nedz
2014-02-21, 01:35 PM
Summon Dire Sharke

Oldie but a goodie

Wall of Water + Summon (Water) Elemental

or

Wall of Water + Forcecage + Summon Dire Shark

Zombulian
2014-02-21, 04:55 PM
replying for subscription. this is gold

Cikomyr
2014-02-21, 05:02 PM
Explosive Run on a folded piece of paper + Mage Hand to bring the paper to an unsuspecting guard

But I guess it's cheating. Explosive Rune is just so abusable.

"I throw my deck of cards at him"
"Oh come on, what will it do?"
"Explosive rune on every cards. I cast Dispel Magic and intentionally fail. 52x 5d6 non-save non-SR Force Damage"

Invader
2014-02-21, 05:07 PM
Just as a note transmute rock to mud won't work on someone turned to stone with petrification.

nedz
2014-02-21, 05:15 PM
Magic Missile + Darkness

Gamereaper
2014-02-21, 05:25 PM
Wow, these are all awesome suggestions. Thanks

Sadly, my favorite combination I thought of will likely get me banned from here. :(

replying for subscription. this is gold

You can subscribe to people?!?

Magic Missile + Darkness

I thing I'm missing something here.

Snowbluff
2014-02-21, 05:26 PM
*snip*

Phelix, how is any of this not derailing the Ice Assassin's assassination? :smalltongue:

Erik Vale
2014-02-21, 06:15 PM
Someone had a sig quote involving Flesh to Stone, Rock to Mud, a bunch of pots, and Plant Growth to help druids get closer to becoming one with nature...

That was me from the things your no-longer allowed to do. And not plant growth, just planted seeds.

Animate dead requires the thing has bones. So instead, use create undead for a corpse creature, which is basically a uber-zombie. You will need a control method though.

Edit:
Mudslide - Mud to Stone [Last spell may be wrong. But instant burial]. Can exchange mudslide for Stone to Mud or Scalding Mud.
Mass Flesh to Salt - Some rain spell [It's damage + Save or die followed by evidence concealment that could also be damage]

Forrestfire
2014-02-21, 06:44 PM
I'm a fan of Mudslide + summoned earth elementals.

I thing I'm missing something here.

"I cast Magic Missile/I'm attacking the darkness!" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Alewives#Dungeons_and_Dragons_sketch)

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-21, 07:01 PM
PaO someone's bed into stone, but maintain the color, then hide a lesser elemental weird of earth in it via elemental guardian. They go to bed and an earthgliding snake thing kills them in their sleep.

EDIT: On second thought, that won't work for several reasons. Doh.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-21, 08:29 PM
PaO someone's bed into stone, but maintain the color, then hide a lesser elemental weird of earth in it via elemental guardian. They go to bed and an earthgliding snake thing kills them in their sleep.

EDIT: On second thought, that won't work for several reasons. Doh.

Hell, just PAO the bed into stone.

Add stone to flesh to taste.

Erik Vale
2014-02-21, 09:39 PM
Hell, just PAO the bed into stone.

Add stone to flesh to taste.

I'm now imagining stone giants tossing flesh boulders.

Gamereaper
2014-02-28, 06:50 AM
I'm a fan of Mudslide + summoned earth elementals.

"I cast Magic Missile/I'm attacking the darkness!" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Alewives#Dungeons_and_Dragons_sketch)

Oh right, that D&D Dead Alewives reference.

Funny, I was going to name my character "Dawizard". XD

Socksy
2014-02-28, 07:12 AM
Flesh to Ice and Matter Agitation/Burning Hands? C:

ben-zayb
2014-02-28, 08:01 AM
5)
Reverse Gravity + Wall Of Stone
Spike Growth + Stone Shape
(I call this "making the burrito")One of my first tastes of "internet knowledge" about optimization and tier system is seeing a VS thread (opponent's class undisclosed) where the Wizard used Reverse Gravity + Prismatic Sphere(s).

Other oldies but goodies:
Forcecage + Create Water
Forcecage + Cloudkill
DisjunctionDispel Magic + Shatter

Sith_Happens
2014-02-28, 09:40 AM
Grease + Evard's Black Tentacles.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dbWeR1ngsRQ/T_68Q4AuroI/AAAAAAAAA2k/64fRvEaxHvc/s1600/if+you+know+what+i+mean.jpg

Amphetryon
2014-02-28, 09:51 AM
Solid Fog + Manyjaws. Good times.

Telonius
2014-02-28, 10:07 AM
Detect Thoughts, then pick your Illusion spell. Ask them about the person they hold most dear. Get a good solid image. After that, the horrible situations you show the target are all up to your twisted imagination.

You could get particularly awful if you offer them a "crystal ball" to "scry" on their loved one.

nedz
2014-02-28, 11:59 AM
Web + Stinking Cloud

Gamereaper
2014-03-02, 08:21 AM
Detect Thoughts, then pick your Illusion spell. Ask them about the person they hold most dear. Get a good solid image. After that, the horrible situations you show the target are all up to your twisted imagination.

You could get particularly awful if you offer them a "crystal ball" to "scry" on their loved one.

Haha! I love it. XD

Web + Stinking Cloud

The perfect torture method. (evil smile)

Rubik
2014-03-02, 11:34 AM
Corpses + Fabricate into amalgamated meat trees + Chained Ocular Raise Dead.

Corpse + Permanencied Shrink Item (or any number of object enhancement spells) + Raise Dead.

Hold Person + Fusion + Schism + Metamorphosis into something fun, like a desk lamp + cede control to the other (paralyzed) creature + Schism manifests Astral Seed + unFusion + murder. Permanently turn the other creature into an intelligent nonmagical item.

Corpse + PAO into something wacked-out + Raise Dead.

Fusion + Psychic Reformation all the other person's feats and skills (and spells and/or powers) to stupid or useless ones. Bonus points if you change all their skill ranks to Perform: Sex With Something They're Not Attracted To. Or Truespeech. Whatever.

Aberrate on yourself and another creature + Fusion to ensure you can use Fusion with any (living) creature, regardless of type so you can arrange the above. Great for combining, say, a dvati with a black pudding for numerous hive-minded body shenanigans.