PDA

View Full Version : Some Healing Spells (3.5)

Zaydos
2014-02-20, 08:59 PM
As a prefatory note I typically reduce Cure Critical Wounds by 1 level (to 3rd for clerics) and cure moderate and serious wounds by 2 levels for paladins (to 1st and 2nd respectively) adding CCW as a 4th level spell. I also do similar things to the mass versions (actually I flat lower them all one level). If you don't like that idea raise the level on Cure Massive Wounds by 1.

Benign Restoration:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 4, Pal 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Benign Restoration floods the target with curative positive energy that heals a living target 3d10 + caster level hp (max +20) and ends any magical effects reducing one of the subject's ability scores (such as ray of enfeeblement) and heals 1 point of ability damage to each of the target's ability scores per 3 caster levels. It also removes 1 negative level per 4 caster levels, and cures fatigue and exhaustion in the subject. This spell has no effect on Ability Drain or levels lost through level drain.

Against an undead creature it simply deals 3d10 + caster level damage.

Cure Massive Wounds:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Brd 4, Clr 4, Drd 5, Healing 4, Pal 4
Saving Throw: Will half (harmless); see text
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless); see text

This spell functions as Cure Light Wounds (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureLightWounds.htm), but it restores 6d8 + Caster Level (max +30) hit points.

Cure Massive Wounds, Mass:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 8, Drd 9, Healing 8
Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 caster levels)
Target: 1 creature/level; no two of which can be more than 30-ft away from each other.

This spell functions as Mass Cure Light Wounds (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureLightWoundsMass.htm) except it heals 6d8 + Caster Level hit points to all targets.

Close Wounds, Greater:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 4
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Target: One creature

This spell functions as Close Wounds (Spell Compendium 48) except it restores 4d4+Caster Level (max +10) hp.

Close Wounds, Mass:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 5
Target: 1 creature/level; no two of which can be more than 30-ft away from each other.

This spell functions as Close Wounds (Spell Compendium 48) except it restores 2d4+Caster Level (max +20) hp to each target.

Prevent Fatality:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 9
Target: One creature

This spell functions as heal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heal.htm) except as noted here and it restores up to 250 hp (at CL 25).
If you cast this spell immediately after the subject takes damage, it effectively prevents the damage. It would keep alive someone who had just dropped to –10 or lower hit points, for example, potentially leaving the character at negative hit points but stable (assuming the damage was truly massive).

Reinvigorate:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 5, Drd 6
Saving Throw: Will half (harmless); see text
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless); see text

You lay your hands on a target channeling positive energy into them. This heals a living target 7 hp per caster level (max 105 at CL 15), or deals the same amount of damage to an undead target (it cannot reduce a target to less than 1 hp).

Vigor, Superior:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 8, Drd 8
Duration: 10 rounds + 1 round per caster level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)

This spell functions as Lesser Vigor but grants Fast Healing 20.

Web of Healing:
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 4, Pal 3
Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 levels)
Target: One living creature per two caster levels, all of which must be within 30-ft of each other.
Duration: 1 minute/caster level.
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)

This spell spreads a web of life energy through the targets. Whenever a target of this spell takes lethal damage each other target of this spell heals 2 hp. When this effect triggers (as a result of one of the targets taking damage) it cannot heal the other targets more hp total than half what was dealt to the target, and heals the most injured (greatest difference between max hp and current hp) targets first (lower max hp is healed in the case of a tie, and if that is also a tie closest is healed first, if all tie random).

An example: You cast web of healing on 4 targets (Alice, Bob, Cindy, and Dan). Dan is then hit by an ogre for 20 damage and Alice, Bob, and Cindy each heal 2 hp. Later Alice is hit by a goblin for 2 damage, Bob, Cindy, and Dan would each heal 2 hp except that Web of Healing can only heal up to half the damage dealt in a single instance so Dan, being the most injured due to the ogre attack from before, is healed 1 hp. If Alice had been hit for 12 or more damage, though, Bob, Cindy, and Dan would each have healed 2 hp.

TuggyNE
2014-02-20, 10:18 PM
This spell spreads a web of life energy through the targets. Whenever a target of this spell takes lethal damage each other target of this spell heals 2 hp. This cannot heal targets in response to a target taking damage more hp than half what was dealt to the target, and heals the most injured (greatest difference between max hp and current hp) targets first (lower max hp is healed in the case of a tie, and if that is also a tie closest is healed first, if all tie random).

I feel like this is doing something I don't understand. Is it supposed to divide incoming damage, split a pool of healing among needy targets, or what?

Zaydos
2014-02-20, 11:11 PM
I feel like this is doing something I don't understand. Is it supposed to divide incoming damage, split a pool of healing among needy targets, or what?

The latter. I added an example that hopefully helps, but... well I'd be happy to hear suggestions for how to word it more understandably.

It works so you target n people. Whenever one of those people gets hit for lethal damage all the others heal 2 hp up to a max of 1/2 the damage that was dealt to the initial target.

And now that I think about Touch of Healing and/or anything that grants someone continuous fast healing (to half or full) I realize you can easily heal the rest of the party by hitting them. Hmm...