PDA

View Full Version : The Orcus saga part I

D20ragon
2014-02-20, 09:16 PM
From all walks of life, these travelers came. Of many races and professions, these wanderers were linked only by a common road, and a common destiny. In time, they were to become heroes, though none knew it yet.
They only knew that the way was easy, the road, though old, being in good repair, and that though the sun was creeping toward the west, the approaching night promised to be mild.

Feathersnow
2014-02-20, 09:48 PM
Krik-yik shuffled with deceptive speed down that road. Her eyes averted from the sun, she welcomed the coming darkness. It reminded her of her long lost home, never to return. Soon the stars would come out, physical representations of the dead gods whose power she wielded.

zingbobco000
2014-02-20, 11:20 PM
Tormek

Tormek walks along the road at a steady pace. But as he walks, his mind begins to drift. This was the same road that he died on. He imidiately snaps back to reality though, realizing that there is no talking going on between his companions. So, to get his mind away from his mentor he decides to start talking. (Even though he's a dwarf he is actually a gruff conversationalist) He notices the shuffling kobold and it seems like she's lonely so he decides to start making small talk with her. "So Krik, that's your name right, I was just wondering, where did you come from?

Tormek is ready to begin battle! (If there is one) But while we wait for everyone to post readiness I'll engage with small talk with the group.

Feathersnow
2014-02-20, 11:36 PM
Krik-yik. I was hatched in a kobold mine. But I wanted more than to mindlessly serve the dragon they worshiped, so I was driven out as a dissident. Since then, I've been here and there, picking up odd jobs. There is something about this that she is being shifty about.

zingbobco000
2014-02-20, 11:44 PM
Tormek

Tormek, being the honorable paladin that he is, decides no to press further into her past. Instead he asks: "So, what made you want to come to Fallcrest?"

Feathersnow
2014-02-20, 11:51 PM
I heard that there was a big job being offered. I am, I admit a mercenary. Once again, there is something she isn't saying.
What she doesn't say is that the vestiges hate Orcus out of jealousy and though she, Krik-yik, only has the vaguest idea of what they want or why, she knows that something important to the dead gods of the far reaches will happen near and soon

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 12:10 AM
Tormek

"Ah, a hire-arm eh? So what skills do you have that would be useful for a mercenary? You don't seem strong or tough so you must have something else?... he half-asks half-thinks to himself. Suddenly he turns around and noticed that the entire group was out of a correct marching order and was instead bumbling about like cows. "ATTENTION!" He yells, "Dachald, being the military mind that you are how best should we order ourselves! If we were to be attacked we would be surrounded and flanked quite easily. For as my, mentor, used to say: strength is only half the battle you must think to win just as much to win."

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 12:53 AM
GERTRUDE

The Hunter beams from ear to ear as she takes in her surroundings and eavesdrops on the conversation between the kobold and the paladin, "They remind me of my boys. Especially Tormek, he is so like my little Foril, always playing at war."

The lithe, blonde haired human flashes a warm smile at the dwarf, "It is such a lovely day out, must we always march in order master dwarf? These roads may be dangerous but nothing could possibly stand in the way of we here assembled. My bow can take out any enemy from afar, while your warhammer could surly crush the bones of any that dared escape my aim. Beyond you and I we have these two strapping young men," she motions to Dachald and Kefka, "and lady Krik-Yik. As my beau says, "Ye can never be too careful but there be times that ye just need ta lay back and watch tha' clouds." As she says this, she puts on a practiced - yet still amateurish - dwarven accent.

Azktor
2014-02-21, 01:01 AM
Kefka the Imp (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=802550), Gnome Bard

"I'm sick about this road and I need some wine... and this hiperactive Dwarf giving orders is not helping. I just hope that the Tavern in Fallcrest is as good as the jobs promises." Kefka thinks.

Then he decides to come nearby the Kolbolt, the Woman and the Dwarf and join the conversation to pass the time, introducing himself with a friendly smile he says "Nice to meet fellow travelers, let me introduce myself again: my name is Kefka, but usually people just call me Imp, due to my small stature and some other things, hehe..." Kefka gives a sarcastic wink that says 'that are probably true' he then keeps talking "I'm going to Fellcrest for the same reasons that you are saying to us master Kolbolt" Kefka keep the tone of his voice friendly at all times, even when he uses sarcasm.

Kefka examine the Kolbolt - without him noticing - and for some reason the words of his father came to Kefka mind "Never trust and Kobolt, my son...", but Kefka did not completely agree with his father - expecially since he never knew a Kolbolt before "Let's see if my dumb old man was right about them...the only thing that is weird so far, is to be taller then someone."

He then says to the Dwarf "Tormek, right? Are you expecting any trouble down the road?" If Kefka is afraid about the trouble he sure isn't showing it!

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 01:08 AM
GERTRUDE

The hunter curtsies in front of the Gnome, then extends her hand, "My name is Gertrude Woodman - master archer, proud mother of three children and newly minted explorer. I am most pleased to make your acquaintance, Sir Imp.

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 01:15 AM
Tormek

The dwarf chuckles how naive she is thinking that we have no need. You always must be wary, for if anything happens like it did before I will never let myself go. "Yes, and although you are right, my weapon has felled many a-goblin we should still be cautious, the precious seconds of suprise the enemy could have on us could result in life or death. While I have no doubt of your expertise with the bow, we must take precaution to prepare for the worst, because from my experience it never happens differently. The dwarf then glances over and puts on a more friendly tone compared to the rough gruff soldier tone he had been using earlier. "So where do you come from archer? And why travel here? You look like you would be able to take care of yourself more in the woods than in civilization?"

"Ah a mother I see, and you the imp I am glad to meet your aquantince as well. And yes I am expecting it." He notices that Kafka seems to doubt his ways in caution ness. No matter, they shall learn with experience. For as he always said, 'experience at its worst is a better teacher than I will ever be'.

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 01:22 AM
GERTRUDE

The human raises and eyebrow at the dwarf, "You expect much danger and always wish to be prepared. That is an admirable quality Master Dwarf."

She looks up to the sky for a a few seconds. Her hand naturally floats up to the holy symbol of Bahamut that gracefully dangles at her neck. She continues, after a fashion, "I am from Fallcrest. Born and raised. My parents owned an establishment in town called the Good Night Inn. Bless their hearts, they ran a good inn. Sadly all of them have long since passed away." She pauses for a moment to consider explaining that statement (given that her father had three wives) but decides that is a tale for another time. "My husband, Franz, was a town guard in Fallcrest..." She trails off for a moment and looks up once more before continuing, "A thief murdered my dear husband in cold blood... I became an explorer out of revenge, at least initially but..." She holds up the holy symbol for all to see, "But then, through my beau, Kalgit, I found Bahamut. His devotion to law and civility tamed my wild heart and gave purpose to my life, where there was once just an empty hole. I learned to let go of my pain and forge a new path, one I hope will allow me to spread good throughout the world."

Feathersnow
2014-02-21, 01:24 AM
Well, as for my abilities, it is embarrassing to say so openly, but my abilities are of the nastier kind of arcane magic. I can hinder enemies and blast them with fell power, often at the same time. As to marching order, if we are caught unawares, I can call on the tactics of my people to help us scatter into a better arranged group quickly. All the same, I am unsuited to melee combat, and preparation is never wasted, as kobolds often say.

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 01:27 AM
Tormek

"You have found the path away from revenge and found retribution through the gods, you to are most honorable." he holds up his hammer. "Me, I chose moradin. My hammer skill was a gift from him so I got the name, Godhammer." He to seems to be hiding something.
He got the name from when his mentor died and gave it to him to pass on his legacy.

He turns back to Krik, "That is ok about your melee weakness and your magic. I for one will judge you on your actions just like Moradin would. Do not worry about your close combat I shall have you covered there."

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 01:34 AM
GERTRUDE

I have heard much of Moradin over the years. He always struck me as a good divine fellow. Plus, dwarves like to quaff whole pints in his name, which is always a wondrous site to behold. I, personally, cannot imagine drinking so much, so quickly.

She mulls over the Paladin's name a bit before asking, "Godhammer is a nice name. I assume you come from a long and distinguished line of Godhammers?"

The human hunter then turns to the Kobold, "I too am not much for melee, as I spent my years honing my skills with a bow, which sadly came at the expense of close combat weapons. We shall have to watch each other's back, just in case our friends miss an enemy or two." She flashes a wide smile and an exagerated wink over at Tormek and the Imp.

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 01:41 AM
Tormek

Tormek seems to kind of start to look sad, "There were two but now there is only one, me. He gives a friendly glance but one that also states "don't pressure me about this." Also he continues to talk about Gertrude's second point "Yes, we dwarves do love a hearty drink, which reminds me," he grabs his water skin from his pack and takes a large gulp of it. Ahh...

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 01:45 AM
GERTRUDE

The human backs off the topic but she is curious as to the man's past. She giggles as she watches the Paladin take a swig, "Is that an Aleskin or a Meadskin? It definitely isn't a wineskin!"

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 01:47 AM
GERTRUDE

The human backs off the topic but she is curious as to the man's past. She giggles as she watches the Paladin take a swig, "Is that an Aleskin or a Meadskin? It definitely isn't a wineskin!"

"No, just water, (the non-poisonous kind) surprisingly enough I never had a liking for alcohol. That's just one more thing that set me apart from them."

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 01:51 AM
GERTRUDE

The woman looks a bit perplexed before exclaiming, "Fascinating!"

Azktor
2014-02-21, 01:57 AM
Kefka the Imp (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=802550), Gnome Bard

Kefka extends his hand and grabs Gertrude's hand gently to give quick and polite kiss "Nice to meet you to Gertrude, and I can say that I'm even more pleased than you to meet such a beuty in this god-forsaken road. "
Kefka is not 'hiting on Gertrude' just being polite as a bard would!

He then listen carrefuly to the others talking and wait until it convenient to say "My condolences about your husband, I can not even start to imagine how hard it must have been for you and your childrens, but you seem to have managed it somehow, and that requires real courage and strength." he gives a small pause and keep saying "And I wish I had known your parents and their inn."

"And I'm also not a fan of close combat battles, I usually try to make my adversaries to stay away enough time so that I can put then into the ground - expecially the big ones, hehe...."

Kefka is really surprised about that and says "Dwarfs are usually the best drink companions I've had the pleasure to drink with, so that is really amazing to me as well..."

Tris
2014-02-21, 02:24 AM
Dachald

The dragonborn had been standing apart from the group, looking down the path to the goblin caves. He was lost in contemplation, thinking about how his axe will bring those vile goblins the death they deserve.

Now, he returns to the others and says, "It's a pleasure meet all of you fine warriors. My name is Dachald Akula. I am a servant of Bahamut, here to slay the goblin scum on his behalf. Are we ready to go?"

Felhammer
2014-02-21, 02:32 AM
GERTRUDE

The human once more curtsies for the gnome, "You are quite the dashing devil, are you not Sir Imp? I imagine you are quite popular in every town you meander into."

Surprised by the foreign voice, Gertrude looks over and realizes the Dragonborn has spoken. Smiling she wanders over to the man and extends a hand, "My name is Gertrude. It is a pleasure to meet you, Dachald Akula. I too am a follower of the Platinum Dragon. By his grace, we shall do good works this day."

Tris
2014-02-21, 02:45 AM
GERTRUDE

The human once more curtsies for the gnome, "You are quite the dashing devil, are you not Sir Imp? I imagine you are quite popular in every town you meander into."

Surprised by the foreign voice, Gertrude looks over and realizes the Dragonborn has spoken. Smiling she wanders over to the man and extends a hand, "My name is Gertrude. It is a pleasure to meet you, Dachald Akula. I too am a follower of the Platinum Dragon. By his grace, we shall do good works this day."

Dachald smiles and shakes her hand. "Well, thank you. It is always nice to meet others who uphold his ideals."

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 09:43 AM
Tormek

"Dachald, there you are!" Tormek says, "I was wondering when you'd get out of your reverie." He gives a strong but friendly pat on the back to Dachald. "Me and him go way back. We used to adventure together, I was just on. My way to meet him here when he bumped into me!"

I am writing somewhat of a background, if anyone is not ok with it please tell me and I'll delete it.

"It turns out he was tasked by a merchant to find a stolen box of the merchant's. I decided to join along on this adventure seeing that's,though Dachald could hold his own in battle, two is usually better than one, but we could barely beat the goblins outside their lair, and so we came to town and what would you know we found some
mercenaries asked by the merchant. To find his box so we joined together and well, here we are!

Feathersnow
2014-02-21, 10:48 AM
Krik-yik looks decidedly uncomfortable at the mention of Bahamut. I just want you to know, before you get any ideas, I worship Io, not Tiamat. I saw the error of worshiping the Rainbow One first hand growing up. She shivers theatrically.

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 10:53 AM
Krik-yik looks decidedly uncomfortable at the mention of Bahamut. I just want you to know, before you get any ideas, I worship Io, not Tiamat. I saw the error of worshiping the Rainbow One first hand growing up. She shivers theatrically.

"Io, well, better than Tiamat! I would not want to offend you but I would try to kill you on the spot if you worshiped her (that was a typo)." Tormek says with a glare.

Feathersnow
2014-02-21, 11:01 AM
Krik-yik looks more resigned than hurt. Yeah, I get that a lot. But, Tiamat is a "she." Io originally created them as mates, but Bahamut rejected her in rage at the murder of their brother. She couldn't help herself, every Kobold hatchling grew up hearing this story, though Tiamat usually sounded better in those versions.

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 11:12 AM
"I thought I said her? Oh well, wait I heard that they were created for each other but then Tiamat killed her beautiful sister and blamed it on bahamut, but then io found out so he banished her." Tormek said sounding confused.

Feathersnow
2014-02-21, 12:09 PM
The beautiful sibling is generally called male in the stories, but true dragons, especially their gods, have more-or-less optional gender. So, close enough. She looks relieved that this situation is defused.

Azktor
2014-02-21, 12:34 PM

GERTRUDE
Kefka says "Hehe, I'm just being polite! And about popularity usually I'm loved and hated with same intesity by others, but I guess I have more fans then enemies. Hehehe!" Kefka is saying this as a 'joke' without any hint of arrogance, but you notice that there is SOME true to what he said.

He then says friendly to the Dwarf and the Kolbolt "As long as your Gods does not try to punish me or the ones I consider my friends, I have no problem with them....being them Dragon-gods or Moradin or Bahamut..." he makes a pause and keep saying "I have no strong religious sense, but I do admire Avandra and Sehanine..."

zingbobco000
2014-02-21, 09:34 PM
Tormek
"Well, stories are frequently changed, especially about the gods. So maybe they both could be correct, but aye, close enough. :smallwink: Also, gnome, ye I might trust but as i have said before: The gods judge your actions. They, shall choose wether or not to strike your 'friends' down based upon if they have done evil."

Tris
2014-02-22, 12:47 AM
Dachald

"Well, I certainly have respect for followers of Io. He created the dragonborn after all. It is sad that you have animosity towards Bahahut however. I hope that will change in the future. You seem like good person."

Feathersnow
2014-02-22, 09:36 AM
I was raised by worshippers of Tiamat, I must confess, but I have no hatred of the Platinum One. Io loves all his children, and asks that we prosper, to bring him glory. Rather it saddens me that my own people abase themselves before mortal dragons rather than seeking their own potential, as I have come to believe the All-father intended.

Felhammer
2014-02-22, 12:19 PM
GERTRUDE

Bahamut saved me when I was at the lowest (and darkest) point in my life. He has my eternal thanks and love for that. I will not push his faith onto you Lady Krik.

Feathersnow
2014-02-22, 05:32 PM
Krik-yik nods, noncommittally.

zingbobco000
2014-02-22, 07:44 PM
Tormek

"Hopefully our gods shall put their differences aside and give us their hand when we fight those goblins, nasty little buggers. For when we fight, we shall fight for justice, truth, and the saving of a box!" He quietly then prays to Moradin at the end of his moving speech and a holy glow emits from his body.

Feathersnow
2014-02-23, 08:47 AM
well said.

Azktor
2014-02-23, 11:32 AM

Kefka looks to the others and says - trying not to be disrespectful about their beliefs in the process "So everyone is good with each others Gods then? That is good to know - it always make working together easier - but I think we should focus on the goblin Cave problem...any one knows anything about that? Besides that it is filled with goblins ready to kill us?"

zingbobco000
2014-02-23, 05:21 PM
Tormek

"When I was trying to find my way to the caves I convinced one of the goblins to tell me where it is. He said 'We serve a human wizard named Malareth. We live with him in an ancient buried temple hidden in them caves to the southwest, Malareth was the rider you saw. The leader of the goblins is a bugbear named Kurrash, who carries Malareth's orders to the other goblins. Kurrash told us to attack the merchant. He also told us where and when the wagon would pass on the road. We were ordered to steal a small box from the back of the wagon.' that's what he said."

Also, sorry guys I'm really bad at talking like a dwarf so just imagine that I am. :smallwink:

Feathersnow
2014-02-24, 06:53 AM
'Managed to convince', eh? I thought you paladins had scruples about that kind of thing. I can't say I'm sorry to be wrong.
I think that our best bet is a frontal assault. I might be able to stay invisible long and well enough to scout the cave, but, frankly, I doubt it. any other ideas?
sorry to be provocative, but my character plays to win, and, being neutral, err, unaligned, has even fewer moral hang-ups than most mercenaries. She also doesn't like being threatened and her families' religion denounced as a capital crime, even if she's long used to it, and no longer personally worships Tiamat. So a little ribbing, as she sees it, seems appropriate.

zingbobco000
2014-02-24, 09:44 AM
Tormek

Tormek looks somewhat insulted. "I didn't threaten it at all, I just tried to convince it that I was his friend.

Yes a frontal assault would require less thinking through, whereas maybe because you can become invisible we can send you and an associate to try and talk first, but if things get messy you can quickly alert all of us because you would be invisible.

If everyone wants a frontal assault though that's ok with me for I am always up to smiting evil in Moradin's name with my hammer!

Finally your invisibility might make it harder to see you, but if you are sensed you might attract attention and be killed because none of us would be here to help you. I'm not saying your weak, but we should learn from the goblins, there are strength in numbers. You might be able to scout room by room if that is what you want. (Aka we beat a room Krik scouts ahead then it repeats)."

Feathersnow
2014-02-24, 02:47 PM
that last seems the most reasonable, but I don't want to be far from help, since my ability to obscure my visibility is limited.

zingbobco000
2014-02-24, 05:24 PM
Tormek

"Ok, then does anyone disagree with my plan?"

zingbobco000
2014-02-25, 09:53 AM
Encounter 1: Your First Encounter

The goblin lair was too much for just one of you to handle, but there's strength in numbers. Now you group is ready to handle the goblin menace and retrieve the merchant's stolen box. In the town of Fallcrest, you met up with other adventurers - each of you brave and talented enough to take on the swarm of goblins.

You're on a lonly road, approaching the site of the goblin lair. The distant howl of wolves has followed you since you set out from Fallcrest, and now you see two of the beasts emerge from behins some rocks along the side of the road. The wolves growl menacingly. With a shrill cry, two goblins appear from behind a ruined tower and rush to attack!

Everyone roll initiative

Also, for tokens, Azktor I will just write GW1 for one of the goblins and GW2 for the other and W1 for one wolf and W2 for the second. You can put the tokens on those squares in your spare time.

Feathersnow
2014-02-25, 10:32 AM
[roll0] Krik-yik's initiative

zingbobco000
2014-02-25, 01:24 PM
"Finally, some action! Everyone get into order, we need to make sure these guys cannot flank us!"

I didn't know I was supposed to roll in OOC, that's why post doesn't match database.

zingbobco000
2014-02-25, 05:11 PM
Initiative Order:
Dachald
Kefka
Gertrude
Tormek
Wolves
Goblins
Krik

Player Status:
Dachald: 24/24
No conditions
Tormek: 33/33
No conditions
Kefka: 30/30
No conditions
Gertrude: 24/24
No conditions
Krik: 28/28
No conditions

Monster Status:
GW1: Full Hp
No conditions
GW2: Full Hp
No conditions
W1: Full Hp
No conditions
W2: Full Hp
No conditions

It is now Dachald's turn

Tris
2014-02-25, 11:51 PM
Dachald

The dragonborn decides to hold back and not run ahead of his allies. He waits so he can attack in sync with them.

Delay

Felhammer
2014-02-26, 03:03 AM
GERTRUDE

Spotting the wolf first, the hunter calls out, "By Bahamut's platinum scales, there's a wolf to the south!" She knocks two arrows and takes aim at the wolf, "I'll handle the beast, you guys Someone take care of those goblins!" As she does, the human knocks two arrows and fires them off with the precision of a master archer!

Block Initiative means I can go (right?).

Minor: Activate Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Standard: Twin Strike vs. Wolf 1
- Attack #1 [roll0]
- Damage #1 [roll1]
- Attack #2 [roll2]
- Damage #2 [roll3]

Move: Walk to O-7

zingbobco000
2014-02-26, 11:25 AM
Tormek

"By Moradin's hammer I shall smite ye with my hammer!" Tormek yells as he moves up closer to the wolf to the north and draws his hammer, then mutters a divine prayer to sanction the wolf to only attack it.

"Moradin, I ask ye to sanction this beast."

Minor: Draw warhammer
Move: Move to Q6
Standard: Use Ardent strike: At - Will • Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength or Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 1 [W] + Strength or Charisma modifier damage, and
the target is subject to your divine sanction until the end
of your next turn.
Level 27: 2 [W] + Strength or Charisma modifier damage.
Special : When charging, you can use this power in place of
a melee basic attack.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Azktor
2014-02-26, 11:36 AM

Kefka looks around and notice that the Dwarf is starting to fight against the wolf nearby. Kefka them withdraw his orb and start creating a fog into the wolf minds the wolf start getting confused and is forced to move, while he moves Tormek gets a opening to a new attack against the wolf Kefka then says to the Dwarf "Finish him, Tormek!"

Minor: withdraw orb
Standard: Blunder vs Wolf 2
Attack vs Will [roll0] (+2 due CA); Damage [roll1] also, on HIT I will slide the wolf 2 squares (to R,6) and Tormek can make a MBA against the wolf with +5 power bonus to Attack roll.
Move: N,6

zingbobco000
2014-02-26, 11:47 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Feathersnow
2014-02-26, 12:03 PM
Krik-yik turns aether into shadow around a goblin, assuming one leaves the cover of the ruined tower by my initiative. Otherwise, she goes for the other wolf, even if she risks hitting the rock between us. [roll0]
mind shadows
Reality unravels info darkness around your enemy, breaking its
grip on sanity.
At-Will Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Shadow
Standard Action Ranged 10
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 1 d10 + Charisma modifier psychic damage. Until the
end of your next turn, the target cannot see any of your
allies who are 3 or more squares away from it.

zingbobco000
2014-02-26, 02:05 PM
DM turn

"The wolf to the north after being moved around quickly goes into a rage, tries to take a bite at Tormek's arm. Then moving to Dachald While the other wolf runs up to Dachald and tries to bite him while Dachald is being flanked by the other wolf."

W1 attacks Tormek, to hit: [roll0] DMG: [roll1]
Then shifts to P10
W2 moves to R15 -> Q14 -> P13 -> O12 -> N12 -> M11 -> N10 then attacks Dachald
To hit: [roll2]
DMG: [roll3] If hit knocked prone

zingbobco000
2014-02-27, 10:57 AM
It is now the goblins turn to act! They scurry around the ruined tower, and throw their daggers at the group of adventurers.

G1:
Move: I7
Minor: Draw dagger
Standard: throw dagger at kefka
DMG: [roll1]
G2:
Move: M10
Minor: Draw Dagger
Standard: throw dagger at Gertrude
to hit:[roll2]
DMG: [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-02-27, 01:52 PM
EDIT: Dachald still has to go... Sorry

Round 2

Player Status:
Kefka: HP: 21/30
No conditions
Tormek: HP: 33/33
No conditions
Dachald: HP: 24/24
No conditions
Krik: HP: 28/28
No conditions
Gertrude: HP: 17/24
No conditions

Monster Status:
W1: Damage Taken: 15
Marked by Tormek (until the end of Tormek's next turn)
W2: Damage Taken: 19
Bloodied
GW1: Damage Taken: 0
No conditions
GW2: Damage Taken: 0
No conditions

It is now block initiative for: Kefka, Gertrude, Dachald, and Tormek.
Krik-Yik will go after monsters.

zingbobco000
2014-02-27, 02:02 PM
Tormek

Tormek criticizes himself for moving away from the group. He vows to move smite the wolf in it's path initiating a divine challenge against the wolf.

Move: R7 -> R8 -> R9 -> Q10
Minor: Divine Challenge on W2
Standard: Holy Strike on W2
To hit:[roll0]
DMG:[roll1] 19

Felhammer
2014-02-27, 02:54 PM
GERTRUDE

Seeing that the Wolf has been dealt with, the human turns her ire to the goblin who just threw a knife at her. She retreats backwards, behind the mountain of steel and blades that are her companions. Taking a moment to calm her emotions, the ranger knocks a single arrow, lines a shot and fires!

Minor: Change to Aspect of the Dancing Serpent

Move: Move to R-8

Standard: Clever Shot vs. Goblin 1

Attack: [roll0]
Special: If I hit, GW1 is slowed (Save Ends)

zingbobco000
2014-02-27, 03:32 PM
Wolf 1 is dead impaled by tormek's godlike blow that is his namesake. The goblin also now has a wound in his right flank somewhat disabling his ability to move.

zingbobco000
2014-02-27, 11:17 PM
"Hah, that should teach you to mess with the strength of Moradin!" He yells to the wolves dead body. He then glances over to the other wolf, ready to crush it just like he did to its friend.

Tris
2014-02-28, 01:04 AM
Dachald

Finding himself facing a goblin and a wolf, Dachald let's loose a wave of lightning from his mouth. Then, he steps to side next to Kefka while smacking the wolf with the shaft of his weapon. "Finish it off!" he yells at the bard.

Dragon Breath
Vs. Wolf
To hit: [roll0] vs. Reflex

Vs. Goblin
To hit: [roll2] vs. Reflex
Damage: [roll3]

Shift to O9

Furious Smash
To hit: [roll4]
Damage: 4
On hit, Kefka gets a +2 to attack and damage against the wolf if he attacks it next.

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 10:00 AM
The wolf nimbly jumps out of the way from Dachald's lightning breath, but the goblin just barely gets singed, but the electricity conducts throughout his body dealing a painful blow. when he smashes his weapon's shaft into the wolf. He throws it off balence towards Kefka. Also dealing a minor wound in the process.

Azktor
2014-02-28, 11:26 AM

Kefka focus his power into his words saying to the wolf "You look like a wolf, but you bite like a puppy!", but the wolf seens to ignore it. He then moves away from the frontline of the battle and hide.

Standard: Vicious Mockery on the Wolf 2
Attack vs Will [roll0] (+2 from Dachald buff); Damage [roll1] (+2 from Dachald Buff), also on Hit the wolf will get -2 Attack penalty until the end of my next turn.
Move: to Q,7
Also I will use Cunning Sneak Multiclass Feat, so Stealth roll [roll2]
Cunning Sneak
Encounter
If you end a move action at least 3 squares away from your starting position, you can make a Stealth check to become hidden if you have any concealment or any cover, except for cover provided by intervening allies.

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 08:32 PM
The wolf seeing himself somewhat outmatched attacks Dachald with a quick bite then tumbles somewhat to attack a much easier target (or so it thinks), Krik-Yik.

Standard: Bite Dachald:

Effect: Shift to P8 (I think he can do that)

EDIT: Wow, the dice roller is seriously not liking me today. Which is a good thing for you guys!

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 08:41 PM
The first goblin limps over closer to the party, slowly but surely. He then throws his last dagger at the Krik. The second goblin on the other hand decides to flank Krik with the wolf. Also, on a side note: I have nothing against you Krik, but no offense you seem to have the least amount of armor, making you a viable target for them.

GW1: Move to K7
Minor: Draw final dagger
Standard: Throw Dagger at Krik

GW2: Shift to O8
Minor: Draw Short Sword
Standard: Attack Krik
To hit: [roll2]
DMG: [roll3]

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 08:44 PM
The flank is effective, Krik is not used to being surrounded by enemies, and she cannot focus on the two enemies and her magic at the same time. She turns towards the wolf only to get stabbed quite fatally, she is now bleeding in a multitude of places. Not only that but the dagger that the goblin threw is having its effect on Krik

Taner, now is a good time to use your bonus turn :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:!!!

EDIT: It's ok, but Tormek is still now bloodied.

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 08:48 PM
Tormek

"Can't you guys keep yourself without getting mortally wounded?"" Tormek grumbles as he throws himself in front of Krik, shoves her back, and throws up his shield to block the attack. *Grunt It is a truly stunning display of Martial Proficiency.
Immediate Interrupt: Use Guardian's Counter to take full dmg of short sword attack.

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 09:01 PM
Tormek then tries to whack the wolf with his hammer, smiting all the evil that the wolf might have done in his/her life.

MBA: To hit: [roll0]

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 09:03 PM
For GW1's slowness: [roll0]

Tris
2014-02-28, 09:42 PM
Dachald

"Behind you!" Dachald shouts at his friend. He swings his axe at the goblin behind Tormeks back. "Let's bring it down together!"

Hammer and Anvil
At the goblin
To hit: [roll0] vs. Reflex
On a hit, Tormek gets a free melee attack at the goblin with a +3 to damage.

zingbobco000
2014-02-28, 09:46 PM
"Yes, let's" Tormek says with a glint in his eyes, not an evil glint, but the glint of one who is doing the right thing and punishing the evil.

DMG: [roll1]+3 (hammer and anvil bonus) = 13

Felhammer
2014-03-01, 12:56 AM
GERTRUDE

The ranger lines up a shot on the goblin. She smiles as she realizes he's left his right shoulder in just the right position so as to cripple him (at least until the pain subsides). The human draws the bow back to its fullest extent and lets the arrow fly.

Minor: None
Move: None
Standard: Disruptive Shot vs. Goblin 1's AC
--- Attack: [roll0] (1 for my Aspect, 2 for Vicious Advantage)
--- Damage: [roll1]
--- Special: Immobilized (Save Ends)

zingbobco000
2014-03-01, 07:04 PM
Tormek

Tormek turns towards the wolf who is right next to it. He then proceeds to pray to Moradin to give a challenge towards the wolf. Finally, he smites it with his god-like strength, and his hammer.

Minor: Divine challenge on W2
Standard: Holy smite on W2

It is now either: Azktor, Feather, or Taner's turn.

Feathersnow
2014-03-01, 07:22 PM
Krik-yik curdles reality around the most damaged goblin, using mind shadows. 20+

Thank you, Tormek!

Azktor
2014-03-02, 07:58 PM

Kefka hold his orb in his hand and it start to get brighter, he then focus the light into the wolf nearby, the wolf then moves around the battle field, confused. He then focus his bardic powers into his words one more time and says to the Goblin "Hey goblin! If you were twice as smart, you would still be really stupid!" but again, his words fail to cause any harm to his enemy.

Minor: Beguiling Flash on wolf 1, to slide him to N,9. Also, now I have partial concealment against him. (So that way my attack vs the Goblin will not provoke a OA against the wolf)
Beguiling Flash
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
Minor Action Ranged 10
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: You slide the target up to 3 squares. Until the end of your next turn, you have partial concealment from
the target.
Move: Nothing
Standard: Vicious Mockery on the Goblin Warrior 1
Attack vs Will [roll0] (+2 From CA due being hidden); Damage [roll1], also on Hit the Goblin will get -2 Attack penalty until the end of my next turn.

Tris
2014-03-02, 08:30 PM
Dachald

The dragonborn kicks at the confused wolf. "Hit it while it's unbalanced!" he shouts to Tormek.
Furious Smash
To hit: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
On hit, Tormek gets a +2 to attack and damage against the wolf if he attacks it next.

Feathersnow
2014-03-04, 05:37 PM
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I keep getting told to edit something. I admit the first time I was confused about how you were doing posting relative to initiative, but the second time you said to go, I thought. I deleted the out-of-sequence post, but you were ignoring it anyway.

zingbobco000
2014-03-04, 07:58 PM
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I keep getting told to edit something. I admit the first time I was confused about how you were doing posting relative to initiative, but the second time you said to go, I thought. I deleted the out-of-sequence post, but you were ignoring it anyway.

Check the OOC.

zingbobco000
2014-03-05, 10:31 AM
DM turn

The goblin gives a call for reinforcements and they appear. One goblin runs down the road and tries to attack the adventurers.

Wolf:W1: Standard: Bite Dachald:
Effect: Shift to P8

Goblins:GW1: Minor: Draws short sword

Immobilized: [roll2]
Slowed: [roll3]

GW2: Move: Moves to N10
Minor: Draw short sword
Standard: Attack Dachald: To hit: [roll4]
DMG: [roll5]

zingbobco000
2014-03-05, 10:37 AM
Tormek

Tormek prays to the gods, to heal Dachald from his injury with the wolf. After that he prays to Moradin even more to challenge the wolf who bit Dachald. He then hefts his mighty war-hammer, and goes into a great rage, trying to pummel it to a pulp.

Move: exchange to minor
Minor: Use Lay on Hands, Dachald regains hit points as if he spent a healing surge.
Minor: Divine Challenge on W1
Standard: Heedless Fury on W1
To hit: [roll0] + 2 = 16 so hit.

Feathersnow
2014-03-05, 01:00 PM
Krik-yik curdles the aether around the most damaged goblin, turning it into shadows [roll0]
If sucessfull, [roll1] psychic damage. Sorry, I don't know how I missed that roll failed to process right. :(

zingbobco000
2014-03-05, 09:00 PM
People who can still go: Kefka, Gertrude, Dachald, and Krik-Yik.

Felhammer
2014-03-05, 11:46 PM
GERTRUDE

Seeing the ferociousness, Gertrude decides to retreat back a few yards. "One more barrage should do it!" She then knocks two more arrows and fire them at the Wolf's hind quarters.

Move: To T-9
Minor: None
Standard: Twin Strike vs. Wolf 1

Attack #1: [roll0]
Damage #1: [roll1]

Attack #2: [roll2]
Damage #2: [roll3]

Feathersnow
2014-03-06, 08:31 AM
Krik-yik use another attack, this time at G1. She bites back the urge to fling profanities at the benighted goblin as well, out of concern the nature of the curses would actually be understood, even if they were in Draconic.
[roll0]
if successful: [roll1]

zingbobco000
2014-03-06, 07:29 PM
DM statement

The wolf falls beneath Tormek's mighty attack, while Gertrude lets out two of her arrows at the goblin (changing target to goblin because of how W1 is dead). Only one hits though, but the goblin is still injured. Krik - Yik sends out tendrils of darkness. Squeezing the goblin and injuring it until Krik has to let go or else the evil (I think her magic is evil? I'm sorry if it's not, just change it to 'power') of her magic would overcome her.

Wolf 1 is dead, the only enemy remaining is GW3. He has suffered 14 DMG.

Azktor
2014-03-08, 12:14 PM

Kefka tries to focus his power into his words one more time, this time in the goblin that arrived last, saying "You are so dumb, that you make the other goblin look like a genius next to you.", this time Kefka's words are strong enough to make the goblin bleed from his nose. ((he is bleeding acording to Tracker))

Standard: Vicious Mockery vs GW3
Attack vs Will [roll0]; Damage [roll1], also on hit: -2 penalty to hit.
Move: none
Minor: does anyone need heal?

zingbobco000
2014-03-08, 03:00 PM
"The goblin is now bleeding in a multitude of places. He is throughly injured, but not dead yet."

GW3 is now bloodied, you guys are almost done with the encounter! :smallwink:

Tris
2014-03-08, 07:20 PM
Dachald

"He certainly is dumb if he thought he could take us!" Dachald shouts as he kicks the remaining goblin in the stomach creating an opening for Tormek to exploit.

Furious Smash
To hit: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
+3 to attack and damage for Tormek's next attack at this goblin, on a hit.

zingbobco000
2014-03-08, 11:05 PM
The goblin with virtually the last of it's strength tries to stab Dachald with his sword. Then it flees away from the intimadating group of adventurers.
standard: stab Dachald to hit:[roll0]
Effect: shifts to M11
Move: Run to G18 suffers a -5 to all defenses.

It is now anyone's turn.

Felhammer
2014-03-09, 12:36 AM
GERTRUDE

"Almost there! This aught to finish it! She pulls out an arrow, sets it into her bow and aims for the goblins leg.

Clever Shot vs. GW3

Attack: [roll0]
Effect: Slide the target 2 squares (to P-9) [so as to be in flanking position for Tor

zingbobco000
2014-03-09, 09:35 AM
The goblin falls with Gertrude's shot. You look around with all the bodies on the ground, and you breath with a sigh of relief. They are dead, they're all dead.

It is now the end of the encounter you all gain 110 experience points. You can know take a short rest and do everything you do after encounters. I.E. loot people, have small talk, etc...

zingbobco000
2014-03-09, 09:44 AM
Tormek

"Hah, take that ye little buggers! The hammer of moradin shall smite ye wherever ye are! Now let's see what ye had on ya." Tormek says as he begins searching through the goblin's belongings.

Felhammer
2014-03-09, 12:13 PM
GERTRUDE

The Hunter slings her bow on her back and sighs, "That... Was... Exhilarating. Well done everyone!"

Healing Surge!

zingbobco000
2014-03-09, 12:29 PM
GERTRUDE

The Hunter slings her bow on her back and sighs, "That... Was... Exhilarating. Well done everyone!"

Healing Surge!

Tormek regains the use of his encounter power.

Feathersnow
2014-03-09, 01:00 PM
Krik-yik, upon reassuring herself that the party still hasn't turned on her after seeing the might of the dead gods in action, thanks Tormek for taking that goblin's blow for her. Thanks, I thought I was a goner when those two goblins ganged up on me!

zingbobco000
2014-03-09, 04:10 PM
"Just doin my job miss. The evil that plights this land should never be allowed to kill, anyone." He says in a righteous voice. "Anyone want to help me in lootin' these guys?" (I am ready, other than looting the goblins + wolves.)

Azktor
2014-03-10, 07:51 PM

Kefka looks to the other with a half-smile on his face "Looks like everyone is in one piece! Those danm goblins and wolfs...weird to find them in a open place like this." Kefka start to look at the enemies for any intersting item to loot while saying to the others "We never know, maybe they have something valuable with them, uh?"

Feathersnow
2014-03-11, 06:32 AM
I doubt it, but no harm in looking, I suppose.

zingbobco000
2014-03-12, 12:57 PM
Kefka digs through the pile of dead bodies, looking for something that might be valuable.
Private: Kefka
You find: 3 short swords, 6 daggers (4 are blunt), 3 leather armors, and 2 wolf pelts. You also find a ruby that could be worth something, you can either hide it or show it to the group. Hiding it requires a stealth check.

Azktor
2014-03-12, 01:56 PM

Kefka - with the help of others - piled the loot near the tower wall. When he found the ruby he raise it in his hand and said "It is not big, but it is something!" And then he placed it on the pile with the others itens.

Even though Kefka is MC rogue and he is a bit trickster, he would never steal something from people that just fought side by side with him.

zingbobco000
2014-03-12, 08:40 PM
Anyone can make a dungeoneering check to determine the price of gems. (kind of like appraise)

zingbobco000
2014-03-13, 04:08 PM
Tormek looks over the gem trying to determine it's worth.

[roll0]

"This reminds me of those gems we used to see in the mines! I would say it's worth around 240 gold in a decent shop. Should we continue?"

Azktor
2014-03-13, 04:16 PM

Kefka looks to the Dwarf and says "Not bad for something we found with a Goblin! And yeah, let's keep moving, the faster we go the faster it will end and I can go to the Tavern and drink my share of that ruby!"

Felhammer
2014-03-13, 04:39 PM
GERTRUDE

Gertrude nods, "Surprise is on our side friends. Bahamut has blessed our path. Let us continue our quest!"

zingbobco000
2014-03-14, 07:34 PM
"Let us keep going to purge the world of this evil that inhabits this world."

DM post

You all gain 100 EXP.

You travel for a bit until:

While traveling with the merchant Traevus, on your way to Fallcrest, you were attacked by goblins. You fought them off, but Traevus discovered that the survivors had stolen a precious box from his wagon. You also saw a myterious rider, a human on a black horse. Your search for both the rider and the goblins led you to a series of caves, where you fought a few goblins before deciding you needed help against the monsters.

You joined together with other adventurers for a common purpose: To retrieve Traevus's stolen box and hunt down the rider who seems to have originized the attack. On your way back to the caves, you were attacked by more goblnis and hungry wolves, but at last you've returned to the goblin's lair. Two passages head deeper into the earth.

Feathersnow
2014-03-14, 09:28 PM
Both seem equally likely. I say we go left, just because they probably expect us to go right.

Felhammer
2014-03-15, 10:27 AM
GERTRUDE

"Left works for me Lady Krik. Let us be wary though, we do not know what lies within..."

zingbobco000
2014-03-15, 11:24 AM
"I am fine with left, anyone disagree?"

Azktor
2014-03-15, 11:37 PM

Kefka says to his companions "Left it is then!" He let's the Dwarf go first, just in case.

zingbobco000
2014-03-16, 09:16 AM
Tormek

Tormek sees that his companions are letting him go in front, so he says "Well then, so it's that way." He then strides towards the door and opens it.

The air here is colder than it was on the other side of the door. Orange candlelight flickers in alcoves set back from the hall-way, and lush red red velvet curtains hang in archways all along the passage. Small scaly humanoids occupy this area. They clutch short spears and snarl at you, watching you with their sickly yellow eyes.

zingbobco000
2014-03-18, 12:05 PM
Kobold Initiative: [roll0]

It is now Gerturde's turn.

Feathersnow
2014-04-01, 03:37 PM
If we can try to diplomacy our way out of killing my countrymen, I'll try. Though, honestly, I'm less concerned about their lives then how mercilessly killing members of my own race might look to the rest of the party...

Hail, honorable miners. Be Thou the lords of this tunnel? Krik-yik says in her most flowery Draconic. If they are mercenaries or slaves to some higher power, they should be flattered and may be easily spared if they flee. If they really do run the place, then maybe they can be intimidated.

zingbobco000
2014-04-01, 09:53 PM
For those who understand Draconic:
"The master is in here, follow me."

Feathersnow
2014-04-02, 03:51 AM
Thank you, honorable Goodman.

In common, I say, the Kobolds are willing to let us pass and escort us directly to their master without a fight. Regardless of how that turns out, we can probably talk our way out of hurting these kobolds.

zingbobco000
2014-04-02, 09:02 AM
"Good, good." Tormek says. "Hopefully we can talk to this 'master' of theirs and avoid bloodshed."

zingbobco000
2014-04-03, 10:04 AM
The kobolds lead you into a chamber with a large white dragon. This must be their "master."

Key skills: History, Nature, Diplomacy, Bluff, Religion
Complexity: 3