PDA

View Full Version : I Are Strong

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 11:21 PM
I want to combine races to be strong as I can. I can go up to +2 level Adj. I'm thinking Goliath Half Minotaur. Can anyone beat that +8 str?

Silva Stormrage
2014-02-20, 11:31 PM
You can add half ogre for free if you want. Its only +1 LA for races smaller than large size. Also note that Half Minotaur normally increases your size to large which grants more size bonuses.

Also you could be a water orc with half minotaur, half ogre and lolth touched for (+4, +12, +4, +6) = +26. Now with that out of the way I would suggest not trying this too much unless you want to just obliterate everything your DM sends against you. This build would deal ludicrous damage and have ludicrous to hit. Your DM would either have to fiat enemies that can counter you or send a lot of spell casters that could neutralize you, which might reduce your enjoyment of the character.

(Un)Inspired
Come on buddy ya gotta come up with something harder to beat than that.

A half ogre/ half Minotaur/ water Orc hast a +20 to str with a level adjustment of +2

Edit: ninja'd hardcore

Azoth
Lolth Touched Half Minotaur Water Orc.

Loth Touched= +6Str/Con
Half Minotaur= +4 Str +2 Con -2 Int
Size Change from Medium to Large caused by Half Minotaur= +8 Str -2Dex +4 Con
Water Orc= +4 Str +2 Con -2Int/Wis/Cha

Total= +22Str -2Dex +14Con -4Int -2Wis -2Cha

This does not go into the Cheese of Tauric or Symbiont Templates. Nor did I go for the WTF of adding Half Ogre to this for +0LA because I can not fathom a Half minotaur, Half Ogre, Orc...even if it is RAW legal.

*edit: Swordsaged*

OldTrees1
2014-02-20, 11:35 PM
Goliath is better than Water Orc

Lolth Touched Half Ogre Half Minotaur Goliath Goliath Barbarian 1

Point Buy: 18
LT: +6
Half Ogre: +4
Half Minotaur: +12
Goliath: +4
Goliath Barbarian 1: +6
18+6+4+12+4+6=50 Str (This is LA +3 and only +2Str better than WaterORc)

Grab War Hulk 10 after you get BAB +6 in order to get another +20 STR

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 11:39 PM
Wait, half minotaur gets the size change bonuses for monster advancement?? Are you serious??

OldTrees1
2014-02-20, 11:41 PM
Wait, half minotaur gets the size change bonuses for monster advancement?? Are you serious??

Yeah. Expect your DM to nerf it by removing those size change bonuses.
Also expect your DM to give Half Ogre a +1LA.

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 11:43 PM
Um... actually... the dm asked me to build this as an enemy... Upon further consideration, maybe half minotaur is a terrible terrible idea.

Flickerdart
2014-02-20, 11:46 PM
Goliath is better than Water Orc

Lolth Touched Half Ogre Half Minotaur Goliath Goliath Barbarian 1

Point Buy: 18
LT: +6
Half Ogre: +4
Half Minotaur: +12
Goliath: +4
Goliath Barbarian 1: +6
18+6+4+12+4+6=50 Str (This is LA +3 and only +2Str better than WaterORc)

Grab War Hulk 10 after you get BAB +6 in order to get another +20 STR
It's too bad that the OP specifically calls for +2 LA, isn't it.

Metahuman1
2014-02-20, 11:47 PM
OldTrees1: Goliath also brings that up to LA +3, which is over his limit. The advantage of Water Orc is that it's LA 0. Now, it doesn't get him treated as huge for weapons he can use, Trip/Grapple/Bulls Rush and such checks. But it does Let him add Loth Touched for +6 Str/Con and Immunity to Fear. So, it's a question if big is worth loosing some strong too.

kirerellim: Yes it does, this is why it is generally considered Broken.

To the OP: I've never looked at them so I might be wrong, but can't you make any living creature into a Warfordged for all there assorted bonuses?

OldTrees1
2014-02-20, 11:47 PM
Um... actually... the dm asked me to build this as an enemy... Upon further consideration, maybe half minotaur is a terrible terrible idea.

Str min/maxing is dangerous for enemies.
Lolth Touched Goliath Barbarian(Goliath) 2 / Fighter 4 / War Hulk 10 should be sufficient. (cut off levels as needed)

Silva Stormrage
2014-02-20, 11:49 PM

Ya its a broken template. I don't think you need to build such an enemy that will terribly slaughter your party XD.

Or perhaps it could be an interesting enemy. Its one that you CAN'T fight, you have to run from/trick it. Use illusion spells, crowd control and try to flee from it, etc. I could see that being an interesting encounter :smalltongue:

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 11:54 PM
Hmm... actually the dm specifically mentioned its going to be a big dumb fighter so that might be true lol make us terrified of letting it hit us so much as once and have to clever our way out.

Flickerdart
2014-02-20, 11:56 PM
Or perhaps it could be an interesting enemy. Its one that you CAN'T fight, you have to run from/trick it. Use illusion spells, crowd control and try to flee from it, etc. I could see that being an interesting encounter :smalltongue:
The problem with doing this in 3.5 is that, well, you can't. To be too strong to fight, a lone melee bruiser would have to hit hard enough to take out at least 1 PC per round. Once the fight is joined, it will swing too quickly to change strategies.

If you want this sort of battle, you need the exact opposite sort of foe - a big stack of HP and defenses that unerringly pinpricks multiple PCs for a small amount of damage each turn.

kirerellim
2014-02-21, 12:00 AM
Well... with that much strength and bearwarrior/frenzied berserker pounce build, I think it could take down one pc a turn lol

Silva Stormrage
2014-02-21, 12:07 AM
The problem with doing this in 3.5 is that, well, you can't. To be too strong to fight, a lone melee bruiser would have to hit hard enough to take out at least 1 PC per round. Once the fight is joined, it will swing too quickly to change strategies.

If you want this sort of battle, you need the exact opposite sort of foe - a big stack of HP and defenses that unerringly pinpricks multiple PCs for a small amount of damage each turn.

No you can it just requires a specific scenario.

For example, the PC's are wandering through a mountain cavern system and show up to see this brute engaged with a mountain giant and have the brute clearly just out class the giant in strength to demonstrate they shouldn't fight it. Have it just like rip the head off of the giant or something over the top. The PC's are 80ft away at this point. The beast then turns his head and notices the PC's.

The PC's in this situation could use terrain and navigate back through the cavern to try to lose the beast, maybe place greases in its way etc. It can work it just requires effort. You are correct that just sending a big bruiser like this in straight up combat will destroy pc's unless they have a lot of immediate action options like celerity or the like and are highly optimized.

nedz
2014-02-21, 12:48 AM
Lolth Touched [+6] Half Minotaur [+12] Half Ogre [+4] Tauric Water Orc [+4]
Rhinoceros [+16] for +42 Size Large LA +2

I'm sure someone will beat this.

Zweisteine
2014-02-21, 01:02 AM
Don't forget to throw Mineral Warrior on last! That gives another +2, and some other nice stuff.

And start as an Anthropomorphic Whale!

Tommy2255
2014-02-21, 01:27 AM
Don't forget to throw Mineral Warrior on last! That gives another +2, and some other nice stuff.

And start as an Anthropomorphic Whale!

OP has limits on LA, is he okay with extra RHD?

kirerellim
2014-02-21, 02:49 AM
Eh... mmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaybe one or two, but more than that would slow down the barb/bear/frenzy progression lol

Chronos
2014-02-21, 09:56 AM
The problem with a super-strong enemy is that they probably won't know how super-strong it is until it attacks... At which point one party member is dead. You need some way of giving them warning before then, so they can come up with the clever plans.

nedz
2014-02-21, 11:38 AM
The problem with a super-strong enemy is that they probably won't know how super-strong it is until it attacks... At which point one party member is dead. You need some way of giving them warning before then, so they can come up with the clever plans.

I think that the Rhino body might be a bit of a give-away.

TwentyFold
2014-02-21, 01:24 PM
Water Orc w/ the Minotaur template?
pretty good w/ barely any lvl adjustment XD

Flickerdart
2014-02-21, 01:26 PM
Water Orc w/ the Minotaur template?
pretty good w/ barely any lvl adjustment XD
I think you will find that the combination has been suggested in basically every single post so far.

EugeneVoid
2014-02-21, 04:55 PM
I'm sure with enough Tauric cheese...