PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam, what to do?

dehro
2014-02-21, 05:22 AM
I'll be in town until monday, for a family event. Is there anything special going on in this weekend?

Duck999
2014-02-21, 08:03 PM
I'll be in town until monday, for a family event. Is there anything special going on in this weekend?

Huh. I was just there recently. I would strongly suggest visiting the Anne Frank House, even if there is a long wait it is worth it. And go on a canal tour, it is very nice. On the tour, you get to see a lot of Amsterdam, which is really cool.

dehro
2014-02-21, 08:50 PM
Apologies. I should have clarified. I was born there (well, it's here now) and know the touristy bits well enough despite having lived in another country for the last 27 years. I am loking for events that just happen to be this weekend... If there are such things, and not all year round things or venues. A convention, some festival or other similar things. I thought I'd ask here because the chances that events that interest other forumites encounter my tastes is higher than on a less... geek oriented board.
I'll probably have sunday and the better part of monday to myself. I could spend it reading or shopping, for cheese, sweets and licorice to take home, but I'd like the chance to do something more.

Socratov
2014-02-22, 05:25 AM
Well, the hermitage has a different collection on display every so man months, so that's an option.

Dallas-Dakota
2014-02-22, 06:16 AM
This page tells you about all the current expositions and musea open at the moment in Amsterdam. (http://www.iamsterdam.com/nl-NL/experience/de-stad-in/musea-en-galeries)

Grinner
2014-02-22, 08:53 PM
Drugs.

What? All of the classy answers were taken.

dehro
2014-02-23, 02:47 AM
This page tells you about all the current expositions and musea open at the moment in Amsterdam. (http://www.iamsterdam.com/nl-NL/experience/de-stad-in/musea-en-galeries)

D'oh! I should have remembered that the vvv doesn't only have tourist info.
Thanks

Brother Oni
2014-02-23, 02:45 PM
Drugs.

What? All of the classy answers were taken.

The other equally unclassy option would be to visit the red light district.