PDA

View Full Version : Gobo the Casting Wolf-rider

Kaulz
2014-02-21, 05:42 AM
hi everyone. My group will start a new Kampagne soon and i thought about an Wolf riding Goblin Arcane-hierophant.
Because we Start at lvl 1 it will be druid for first lvlīs.
I like the idea of casting buffspells and share them wile riding, and let the wolf do all that work.

Any ideas for first few feats, spells or equiptments would be great. :D
Also some usefull Featīs for my Wolf...thought about Spring-attack but ...mehh
no DragMag
all Faerun

Wacky89
2014-02-21, 07:05 AM
too bad no dragon magazines. This feat would be perfect, you could ask GM?

Ability Enhancer
Drag Mag #325
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (transmutation)
Benefit: Any transmutation spell you cast that enhances ability scores increases the ability scores by +2 more than it normally does. For example, casting bull's strength with this feat grants the subject a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, instead of the usual +4 enhancement bonus.

Wacky89
2014-02-21, 07:12 AM
anyhow

Spells that could be useful: the "Bite of the" spells are great, Snake's Swiftness is great for using on your wolf or a teammate.

Snowsight + Obscuring Snow combo is also great. Buff your teammates with snowsight and now you're the only ones able to see.

Btw the feat I recommended is in Dragon Compendium, maybe it's allowed?

Halo of Sand, gives deflection bonus to AC

Barkskin enhancement bonus to natural armor

The "Primal X" spell-line buffs are great too and they last 24hours

For feats, there's not many that improves buffing except the one I posted.

Andezzar
2014-02-21, 07:24 AM
You might consider going into Mystic Theurge after three levels of druid and wizard, since you do not qualify for Arcane Hierophant yet. That way you will end up with level nine spells for druid and wizard.

Kaulz
2014-02-21, 08:31 AM
Ability Enchancer is super Useful and totaly legal to my DM
the Primal X series of spells are cool, especialy the duration...i wonder what would hapen if i extend it via extend spell. would this be 48 hours?

Early Mystic theug are an option. dose anybody remember this "i am 1stlvl wiz but cast 2nd lvl spells" feat? what is it from?

also i would like to throw in Natural bond and 1st lvl of beastmaster because of +6 efectiv lvl for Animal companion...

i know that wolf is not quiet good as an AC but i am totaly set cause the Flavor reasons
Feats for the wolf should maybe suport his Trip attack... but i am free for other Ideas

bite of Were X is not bad... but how would this look like ? an goblin whit Rat tooth riding an wolf whit Rat tooth ? wierd...
also i have to stay 5f near the wolf cause of share reasons.

Azoth
2014-02-21, 08:43 AM
The second level spell thing is either sanctum spell trick or precoscious apprentice.

Also while not RAW see if you can add templates to your wolf at the upgrade stages. Fluff them to your DM as you spending 24hrs performing a ritual on your companion to make him stronger. The templates that first come to mind are War Trained, Mage Bred, and Horrid.

Andezzar
2014-02-21, 08:59 AM
also i would like to throw in Natural bond and 1st lvl of beastmaster because of +6 efectiv lvl for Animal companion...Natural Bond is a good idea, but beastmaster is not, while it gives you a further improvement to your animal companion, it removes another caster level. Without early entry tricks you will not be able to get level 9 spells in either casting class. Without that you can get 9s in both: Druid 3/wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 2/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge 2.

Probably unecessary to mention, but don't forget Natural Spell.

nedz
2014-02-21, 09:05 AM
Early Mystic theug are an option. dose anybody remember this "i am 1stlvl wiz but cast 2nd lvl spells" feat? what is it from?

Precocious Apprentice ( Complete Arcane, p181 )

Kaulz
2014-02-21, 09:12 AM
precoscious apprentice is out. i would have to take it @ 1st lvl wizard but that makes me lose skillpoints and starting hp. maybe i can convince my DM to alow it @ 2nd lvl too...

nedz
2014-02-21, 11:42 AM
precocious apprentice is out. i would have to take it @ 1st lvl wizard but that makes me lose skillpoints and starting hp. maybe i can convince my DM to allow it @ 2nd lvl too...

Well there's also Versatile Spellcaster ( Races of the Dragon, p101) — but you have to be a spontaneous caster. Beguiler maybe ?

Kaulz
2014-02-21, 12:23 PM
Mainproblem atm is that Arcane hierophant requiers me to have +4 Bab

I could go:

Druid 3
Wizard 1
Mystic Theug 4

or:

Druid 4
Wizard 1
Mystic Theug 2

is ther any earlyentery trick to get this bab requierment faster ?

Andezzar
2014-02-21, 01:29 PM
Fractional BAB will get it one level earlier.

Kaulz
2014-02-22, 01:04 PM
HAve to ask about Fract. bab maybe it will be posible.

any cool names for goblin or wolf ? i personaly like splug for goblin ^^