PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Titan - The Black Guard (mission 1)

Sam Fisher
2014-02-21, 07:21 AM
OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17029534

"Risk everything for victory"

"Value your allies above yourself"

"Uncover the secrets of the world"

It had been a whirlwind of days, you had been narrowly snatched from dropping out of the military academy to find yourselves in the black guard HQ.

Your training insignia had been replaced by a blank shield missing the normal symbols showing your division. This graduation somehow feels like a demotion.

The HQ building is obviously a recently converted warehouse, it is cold and smells faintly of bad grain. Surprisingly you are not assigned sleeping quarters but simply told to find a bed. It is not like the usual militaristic planning you are used to. The current garrison isn't even at half capacity meaning many have whole rooms to themselves if they prefer solitude. You barely have time to put your personal belonging away when you are been shouted into the food hall.

The building clearly hasn't been finished meaning the mess has to double as a meeting room. Ezra Sharp your commander steps up onto a table, the whole thing would have looked laughable if there was even a trace of humor in the dark man's soul. His scared face surveys the collection of soldiers under his charge. His opinion of you clearly isn't high.

Once he starts talking, all idle chat stops and you all stare on in silent attention "Well, here you are, my black guard" he stops letting his worlds echo around the large room. "We have a mission, it seems some overfed noble's spawn has got her pretty self stuck in the middle of hell. It's our job to bring her back" he paused again his disdain for the ruling class obvious, these words were almost treason. For a second a hint of trepidation passes over his face as he considers his next words. "The military has thrown us out, they don't think us worthy of it's name" he says pointing to the empty shield on his uniform. "They think this mission a lost cause, they think us incompetent to carry it out" he pauses again gauging the crowds mood as it sinks into worthlessness. "Lets prove them wrong" he says but in the silence it could have been a shout. The silence broke as one the crowd saluted and shouts "Yes sir!" Ezra turned and walked away, a whisper on his lips for himself only "...and come back to me boys"

Everyone was divided up into small groups lead by an acting corporal that had a least seen some military service if not titan combat. Some had been forced into the black guard while others chosen to join. Your squad find's itself attached to a Corperal Dezmond Walker. He is a middle aged pale faced man with dark bags under his eyes and a haunted look. The next few hours speed by as the majority of the black guard is spread out across a portion of the city, individual squads are leading titans away making a 'safe' passage for extraction. Wherever possible conflict is being avoided but still men are overcome with horror or are caught out and killed. It's a grim day and already too many have died for some young woman all because her father was important.

The squad that was supposed to go in for the extraction has been intercepted and broken. The job falls to your squad being the closest to the chapel. Courpral Walker is shaking as you land on a roof top overlooking the target. words don't seem to escape his mouth as you looked to him for commands. "I...I...I..I Need to report ...ttt.. to command...You...you.. must complete the mission....FFff...Forward men!" her manged to shout almost in hysterics before retreating away. You attention is instantly drawn to the huge titan that rises up before you in the middle of the street. The titan is fat with a round almost baby like face. It has something in it's hand. For your squad this is your first time facing a titan. The object in it's hand lets out a scream and suddenly you all notice the woman, from her clothes she looked like a serving girl. The beast seems always to be smiling as it puts her in it's mouth. You all watch the horror unfold as her head is crushed between it's teeth with a spray of blood. The rest of her body suddenly goes limp as the headless corpse is devoured whole. The titan then turns its eyes towards your group as if trying to select a target.

As the situation stand's there are three titans visible. The one large one able to reach you on the building and two more smaller only around 4 meters tall who are attempting to reach the people still trapped in the chapel.

OOC: Before any of you can move you must pass a "keep your cool" roll against the horror you have just witnessed as your first titan: 10+ allows you to act normally 7-8 you are panicked but can still act and 1-6 you are frozen in fear and can't act this turn. Deadline for posting is Tuesday morning UK time, only characters who post are considered in the squad at the moment

fendrin
2014-02-21, 07:45 AM
Heinrich

Heinrich stares at the titan, replaying the serving girl's horrific mind in his head over and over.

I can't... that could be us... that could be me...
I have to move... movement is life, stillness is death.

He pulls himself together, mostly.

"Right, let's do this."

He launches his grapples towards an adjacent building, whipping himself around to get in position.

starwarstrekfan
2014-02-21, 09:58 AM
Lee

Well that was...gross...and disgusting...and...oh gosh he might puke.

He had to turn away, obvioulsy shaken, before the titan could get under his skin any more. The last thing he wanted was to be in the same place as the woman who just died. He shivered again as her death played again in his head. Ok...enough of this. Time for some Titan to feel his wrath...carefully of course.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" He sounded confident, but he wasn't sure how the next few minutes, much less seconds, would end up. He fired his gear so he would end up going in the opposite direction. His aim was to either harm or kill that big one in the front. Though, if he was distracted by others, the other little one still focused on the civies was a very nice target as well.

Wes Keynes
2014-02-21, 01:37 PM
The sudden retreat of the corporal was just as cowardly as it was unexpected.

"What the... ? Come back here, coward !"

However, it was unlikely that Walker would listen, and Walther now had more pressing matters, which took the form of a trio of titans. The bloody and gruesome scene that unfolded in front of the now leader-less squad was a brutal reminder of what could happen to them if they did not keep their focus.

Barely flinching when a few drops of blood fall on his face, he reacts quickly as his training kicks in. Two of his squadmates were already in the air, and the rest of them had to follow suit, QUICKLY !

"Move, move, move ! Get into position or you're dead meat !"

Launching his hooks in a nearby tower, Walther propelled himself high into the air, a stream of gas in his tail, hopefully out of reach of that big titan. But something was odd, just as if something was looking at him with hungry eyes...

Mr. Turniphead
2014-02-21, 02:13 PM
Needles of ice creep up Mira's spine as the titan devours the poor girl, and as Walker abandons them to continue the mission she feels a disdainful scowl form on her lips.

"Tch... Figures." She remarks, before forcing a confident grin to the surface. "Let's get moving then! I'll try and distract the big one. Don't hang out up here too long." With an inward sigh to steady her nerves Mira plunges off the building, angling her trajectory to stream fast and low in front of the big Titan. With any luck, she'll live, and the titan's neck will be exposed for the two boys in the air.

Getting into position/awareness for a safe setup. (Same modifier)[roll0]

Ross_Varn
2014-02-21, 06:28 PM
The rookie on the roof- you think his name is Will- doesn't even move in response to the other's hails. His gaze appears to be locked on a point approximately thirty feet behind the titan's bloodstained jaw, and his hands are slack on his blades...

FishSocks
2014-02-22, 03:09 PM
A knot began to form in Alex's stomach when the Corporal decides to cut and run. His mouth twisted in to a frown. Great. And, now, as soon as he leaves something bad is-

And then he saw the Titan.

The rookie's jaw dropped. It was big. Much bigger than he thought it would be. Time seemed to slow as the behemoth brought a struggling figure up to it's mouth and crunched down. The sounds of flesh tearing and bones breaking reverberated in Alex's skull.

His lips moved slowly as the rest of his body lapsed into paralysis. A thin voice came out. We're screwed.

DarthPinkHippo
2014-02-24, 05:54 PM
I don't want that to happen to me! I'm out!

After seeing the horrific eating of the poor girl, Jimmy turned tail and ran, hoping to not be Lee's rotten egg.

Live to fight another day...

AkaiNeko
2014-02-25, 05:52 AM
Jesus Christ.

Sara's stomach turned at the sight, the girl's cries ringing deafeningly in her ears. For the first time in years, she was really, truly terrified. That thing was huge, and it had just....like a....and it was so easy, so fast, so strong....

....how was she supposed to do this?

Instinct kicked in, tempered by training. Who gave a f*** how she was supposed to do this? She just had to do it. That was all. Just do this thing before you. That was all. Now her hands were shaking, with uncertainty and fear, but also with rage and a simple desire to do something, anything, to whatever was causing this fear. Preferably something shockingly violent, considering the circumstances.

The chapel. That was the mission. The target was he chapel. That was all she needed; she moved like she's been taught, jump, burn, grapnel, swing, repeat, heading straight for one of the two ti....monstrosities that dared to menace something that was apparently important to her, swords drawn and snarling.

Mr. Turniphead
2014-02-27, 12:14 AM
As Mira rushes to get into position she looks back at the rooftop, seeing two of the others frozen in place.

'C'mon boys... move!' She thinks, before calling out.

"Heinrich! Walther! We've gotta get this one quick!" She spoke not only for her own benefit, but also to steady herself. Her stomach didn't feel like it could handle watching her comrades get eaten at the moment.