PDA

View Full Version : Regenerate Power Points

StrangeLooper
2014-02-21, 09:46 AM
Are there any ways to get regenerating power points without resorting to extreme cheese/overpowered tricks? I'd like to be able to use a few low level powers an effectively infinite amount of times per day.

Psyren
2014-02-21, 10:11 AM
Power points are intended to be a limited/daily resource, so just about any method of refilling them becomes cheese really.

If you want a collection of at-will mental tricks for your character, take a look at DSP's Talents (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/psionic-talents) (psionic cantrips.)

StrangeLooper
2014-02-21, 10:18 AM
I don't want to use PF recources. I saw the feat Trigger Power, is it legal to use in 3.5 (its 3.0)?

Psyren
2014-02-21, 10:24 AM
Your DM has to approve any 3.0 material (particularly for psionics since the whole system was replaced) so it's up to them.

There's several recharge tricks in the "psionic tricks" thread in my sig. Not suer what your tolerance for cheese is but you can pick the least troublesome one I guess.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-21, 10:29 AM
If you only want a few low level powers, Manifester arrows, give you 5 PP a pop, buy a bunch of them (10 should be enough) and you can use powers up to level 3 and ML 5 without problems.

Technically you are not recharging power points, but it should work, mind you many people consider them pretty cheesy on their own right, but I personally find them less so than recharge tricks.

Artillery
2014-02-21, 10:30 AM
Do you want these power points for in combat use or out of combat use. If its for out of combat you could grab some.

You could buy some ammunition with the Manifester enchantment on them.

Each would have 5 pp/day you could use and its only cost of arrow + 320gp for each one if you buy them.

Not great for in combat use, but it does let you get n free uses of 3rd level powers a day. Where n is number of them you have.

Swordsaged