PDA

View Full Version : sword and shield

evyldead
2014-02-21, 11:00 AM
IS there a prestige class that uses both sword and shield and has to have both of them wielded to get magical effect put on them or abilities to be used or no ?

Gwendol
2014-02-21, 02:41 PM
No, not that I know of. But you can take a look at the crusader for some sword and board maneuvers.

JaronK
2014-02-21, 02:46 PM
IS there a prestige class that uses both sword and shield and has to have both of them wielded to get magical effect put on them or abilities to be used or no ?

No, there's not. But as mentioned Crusaders have some useful shield wielding abilities, and there's also the Shield Slam and Shield Charge feats.

JaronK

Darrin
2014-02-21, 04:12 PM

Ironsoul Forgemaster (Magic of Incarnum) has Shield Bond (Su). Knight (PHBII) has some shield-related stuff, and the Crusader can get a couple shield-related maneuvers.

evyldead
2014-02-23, 08:13 AM
Ahh okay, cuz my uncle created a character awhile back and he used something and it was an ability that can only be used when both the sword and the shield were wielded. I don't now if it was a intelligent item or just a enhancement on it, I'm not entirely sure haha. Thank you guys though.

hymer
2014-02-23, 08:15 AM
You could ask your uncle, of course. He'd probably know better than us what was going on.
There is a chance there was some homebrew involved, too. I sometimes go out of my way to make weapon-and-shield a more viable style in my campaigns.

evyldead
2014-02-23, 08:25 AM
He's traveling ATM, and i just recalled it and was wondering if anyone knew of anything but homebrew might have been it.