PDA

View Full Version : Conjuration Blast Spells 3.5

Teapot Salty
2014-02-21, 11:54 AM
Hey guys. In my other thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332177
It is mentioned several times that conjuration is just plain better than evocation. And it got me wondering, if there are any good blasting spells in conjuration. Preferably in core. And it doesn't have to be "oh I kill the dragon the end" more like having enough power to stop the (figuratively) charging orc. And as always, go nuts.

Snowbluff
2014-02-21, 12:03 PM
Pfft.... AHAHAHAHAHAH!

*gasping*

Sorry. *wipes tears from eyes*

Spell Compendium. Orb spells. SR: No, Touch attacks, with a save or sucks attached. Very reliable.

Deophaun
2014-02-21, 12:12 PM
If you want something more multi-target...

Blast of Flame (SC)
Blast of Sand (SS)
Doom Scarabs (PHBII)
Mudslide (SW)
Vitriolic Sphere (SC)

Juntao112
2014-02-21, 01:06 PM
Major Creation

Teapot Salty
2014-02-21, 02:19 PM
Major Creation
That's cool, but how is it a blasting spell?

JaronK
2014-02-21, 02:26 PM

Factotums can cast it as a standard action for an instant kill against anyone not immune to poison, but even without that you can poison a ridiculous number of arrows and hand that to the Fighter/Ranger/Whatever. Sinmaker's Surprise is a poison made entirely of plants and does 2d6 Con/2d6 Con on contact plus 3d6 acid damage, save DC 24, per dose. That's going to account for a huge amount of damage. Feel free to use that poison in other poison delivery vectors as well.

JaronK

Osiris
2014-02-21, 02:26 PM

I dunno, make things above their heads, so it will fall on their heads, doing damage? /nothing to contribute really

Teapot Salty
2014-02-21, 02:28 PM
Actually what about cloudkill?

Ramza00
2014-02-21, 02:43 PM
Ice Lance (3rd Level, Spell Compedium) Conjuration, Single Target, Fort Save or Stunned for 1d4 Rounds, also take damage of 6d6 half of which is piercing half of which is cold.

Personally I think Frost Breath (2nd level, Spell Compedium) is better but it is evocation. 30 ft Cone (multi target) damage up to 5d4, Save for half. If the target fails its reflex save and it takes damage they are also dazed for dazed for 1 round. Thus energy resistance is bad for it can stop your spell, but if you energy subsitute it and add the searing spell metamagic (+1 level) then you have a 3rd level cone that is reflex save or dazed+some damage (aka stun lock).

ImaDeadMan
2014-02-21, 02:47 PM
Honestly, if you have the free time, take a look at this (http://dndtools.eu/) website. It has a full list of all spells from all books and you can sort them by school, caster level, class lists, etc. Go nuts :smallbiggrin:

Zytil
2014-02-21, 02:53 PM
Factotums can cast it as a standard action for an instant kill against anyone not immune to poison

I have to ask, how does that one work?

EDIT: Google tells me tales of this "Devastation Spider" with DC84 2d12 con damage poison

Dr. Cliché
2014-02-21, 02:59 PM

I'd like to know that too.

Namfuak
2014-02-21, 02:59 PM

I'm guessing that they conjure a bunch of doses of Black Lotus Extract inside the target's bloodstream.

Necroticplague
2014-02-21, 03:16 PM
I'm guessing that they conjure a bunch of doses of Black Lotus Extract inside the target's bloodstream.

Can't target inside someone like that thanks to LoE issues. However, the extract is a contact poison, so you can just dump the stuff on them.

Karoht
2014-02-21, 03:20 PM
Vitriolic Sphere
Savor the sizzle.

Brookshw
2014-02-21, 04:39 PM
I dunno, make things above their heads, so it will fall on their heads, doing damage? /nothing to contribute really

Conjuration requires it to be on a stable surface that can support it, so no :smalltongue:

For added fun that means you can't gate anything incorporeal.