PDA

View Full Version : Variant Turning Rules: Complete Divine

Dawgmoah
2014-02-21, 03:58 PM
On page 87 of the Complete Divine there is a variant turning rules section: Destruction of the Undead.

Has anyone on the Playground ever used it and if so, what do you think about the difference in the game compared to the standard turning effects? From the undead encounters we've had lately it would change the shift of the party a bit if the cleric actually damaged the undead instead of having them run or cower.

AuraTwilight
2014-02-21, 04:38 PM
I greatly prefer it. The standard Turn Undead rules are needlessly overcomplicated and generally aren't worth the effort once you get Divine feats involved.

RedWarlock
2014-02-21, 11:14 PM
I use it as my standard, actually.

Dawgmoah
2014-02-26, 03:29 PM
I think I'll swap to it and see what happens. The two clerics in the party are really new at playing and the standard way is not yet set in stone to them which should make changing a bit easy. Thanks.

drack
2014-02-26, 07:10 PM
Yup, I tend to prefer standard ones, but that's because I tend to do lots with undeads so I know it well. :smallbiggrin:

I have heard mention of several people using the alternative rules though. I hear it shifts the balance one way or the other, but that both rule systems work well.