PDA

View Full Version : The Doppleganger characters

elliott20
2007-01-30, 03:39 PM
I'm sure you've all done this in the past. I know I have. I speak of, of course, of recreating a character clone from a famous work of fiction through the d&d system.

I'm just wondering what kind of characters you've all done in the past and what kind of build you've used to do it.

here are mine

Kenshin: Simple enough, just went Samurai / Iaijutsu Master, straight out of the Oriental Adventures. There was some issues with how to effectively avoid damage. Some people suggested perhaps dipping into a level or two or monk, bring up the tumble check, fight defensively a lot, and feint like crazy.

Mario Bison: (What, you never noticed the similarities?) Monk/fighter/psychic warrior. Outfitted with a variety of magical items like a cape that allows flight, a small star shaped amulet that when crushed casts a number of buff spells, a mushroom that when ingested casts "enlarge person", and a flower that when ingested gives a limited breath weapon.

psychic warrior from PsiH gives a lot of handy little combat boosting spells that can emulate the psycho crusher effect. (Especially when you add it all together with the stunning fists and all those fun stuff)

Anji: Again, of Kenshin fame, fallen monk / fighter. Very straight forward.

there are more, but they escape me at the moment.

edit: oh yeah, if your build uses materials from less main stream books, please be sure to put them down and perhaps expand upon what the class does.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-01-30, 03:54 PM
Link of Hyrule: Warblade 15

"Mithril Tornado!"