PDA

View Full Version : The Walrus Rider Project

Walrusrider
2007-01-30, 04:20 PM
I'm not entirely sure whether this is the right place to post this, as there aren't officially any webcomics online yet, but nonetheless, I would like to draw your attention to:

The Walrus Rider Project (http://www.walrusrider.com)

It's a place where people can upload their webcomics, blogs, articles, short stories, photos, drawings, music, or anything like that, in a place where other people can see it.
There's a forum attached to it so people can discuss the individual 'projects' and there are plans for competitions etc. for writers or artists.
There is also a plan for a shop where people can sell their products (ie. CDs, T-shirts, paintings, etc)

There aren't any projects up yet, as the site is relatively new, but the first batch is planned to go up on Friday (the 2nd).
It'd be nice to get some more submissions - I know a lot of you guys are into webcomics (obviously) and I'm sure loads of you write, draw, play music, or whatever. Don't be afraid to submit!

Cheers

MightyMuenster
2007-01-30, 04:53 PM
If we were to submit a comic to your site, would you mind if it isn't exclusive there? My friend and I have a webcomic that we're trying to get into the public eye and more hosting sites would be great. Check it out and maybe get back to me? I made a thread for it, but just to ease things for you... Band of Geeks (bandofgeeks.smackjeeves.com)

Walrusrider
2007-01-30, 05:05 PM
Muenster,
I can't see that it would be a problem - I can always do with the comics to increase traffic, anyway.
I don't know much about smackjeeves - would I be able to just post the images that they have hosted on my site, or would I have to upload them separately elsewhere? I don't want to call down their wrath or anything...

I like your comic, by the way.

JKR
2007-01-31, 01:00 AM
Cool idea. I can submit my new comic, but it won't be launched until Feb. 17th, so I'd have to do it then.

MightyMuenster
2007-01-31, 08:06 AM
Muenster,
I can't see that it would be a problem - I can always do with the comics to increase traffic, anyway.
I don't know much about smackjeeves - would I be able to just post the images that they have hosted on my site, or would I have to upload them separately elsewhere? I don't want to call down their wrath or anything...

I like your comic, by the way.

Ha, thanks. I'll talk to our artist and see what he can do; he has most of the files saved on his harddrive, so he should be able to send them to you.

Walrusrider
2007-01-31, 11:17 AM
Muenster- If I'm going to host the files elsewhere, then I could just right-click and save the images - I was actually just talking about hot-linking the images...which I guess I shouldn't do really..

Ah well

JKR, looking forward to seeing your webcomic ;)

JKR
2007-01-31, 11:22 AM
Linking the images would work up until the WRP becomes so popular it starts crashing everyone else's sites. :)

MightyMuenster
2007-01-31, 11:24 AM
Muenster- If I'm going to host the files elsewhere, then I could just right-click and save the images - I was actually just talking about hot-linking the images...which I guess I shouldn't do really..

Ah well

JKR, looking forward to seeing your webcomic ;)

Whichever is easeir for you, really. You're providing us the service, afterall.

MightyMuenster
2007-02-03, 06:53 PM
Sorry to nitpick, just checked the site, but don't forget to give my credit where it's due as well ;) Just put it under ~Elliot

And thanks for letting us use your site! It really does mean quite a lot!

Calamity
2007-02-12, 05:28 PM
This a great idea, and ironcally, my webcomic is called 'The Fury of the Walrus' :smalleek: :smallconfused: . But one thing, do you mind if I have a random comic schedule if i sumbit it? It will usually be at least once a week, only i don't want to get tied down.

@V: Awesome, thanks. I just submitted it now.

Diffman
2007-03-10, 06:54 PM
Hey there, I'm Diffman, co-runner of The Walrus Rider Project

No we wouldnt mind at all there being a random update rate, we have to do the updates oursleves once you submit them, and our updates can be a bit irregular :smalltongue:

And we'd be happy to see your webcomic, or anyone elses!