PDA

View Full Version : Artificer help?

Zalos93
2014-02-22, 10:54 AM
I'm looking to create an Artificer who cranks out construcs, as is a very good thing to do with them. However, I'm having an issue with the requirements.

For example, to create a Clay Golem, I need Limited Wish - but this is not an Infusion that Artificers can learn. I've run into many instances like this, but I can't locate any information telling me how to handle this. Either I'm missing some information on artificers learning spells, or I'm missing a book with these Infusions in them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

malonkey1
2014-02-22, 11:02 AM
I'm looking to create an Artificer who cranks out construcs, as is a very good thing to do with them. However, I'm having an issue with the requirements.

For example, to create a Clay Golem, I need Limited Wish - but this is not an Infusion that Artificers can learn. I've run into many instances like this, but I can't locate any information telling me how to handle this. Either I'm missing some information on artificers learning spells, or I'm missing a book with these Infusions in them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You can, according to the Item Creation class feature:

make a successful Use Magic Device check (DC 20 + caster level) to emulate each spell normally required to create the item. Thus, to make a 1st-level wand of magic missile, an artificer would need a Use Magic Device check result of 21 or higher. To create a bottle of air (caster level 7th), he would need a check result of 27 or higher to emulate the water breathing prerequisite.

Darkweave31
2014-02-22, 11:03 AM
You'll want to look more closely at the artificer abilities because they can use their use magic device skill to mimic spells for the purpose of crafting items. Also I'd recommend googling hordificer for more information on a golem crafter artificer.

Zalos93
2014-02-22, 11:05 AM
Once again, my small attention span gets the better of me. Thank you very much!