PDA

View Full Version : Help? Druid ranged touch attack options?

SuperMuuh
2014-02-22, 12:09 PM
So I am playing this campaign as a Druid Variant.

Variant changes here:
Druid

The druid might choose to give up her wild shape ability in exchange for becoming a swift and deadly hunter.

Gain:
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC), fast movement (as monk), favored enemy (as ranger), swift tracker (as ranger), Track feat (as ranger).

Lose:
Armor and shield proficiency, wild shape (all versions).
I have a high wisdom score, and have taken the Zen archery feat. I am also getting augmented summoning for level 6 I think.
At this point I am only level 3, but my wisdom is really high, due to the 'point buy' character creation and my choice of race. So this makes me quite adept at slinging out spells such as "Splinterbolt" (2nd level spell).

Could anyone suggest some good ranged attack -or ranged touch attack spells for this character to benefit from? The synergy is really good with splinterbolt, but I hope that there are other good spells as well :).

I might also be willing to take the "Reach Spell" feat :smallwink:.

Dread_Head
2014-02-22, 12:22 PM
One of the best ranged touch spells for a druid of that level is Blinding Spittle (SpC).

eggynack
2014-02-22, 12:22 PM
Well, there's produce flame, alicorn lance (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20020719a), blinding spittle (SpC, 32), kelpstrand (SpC, 128), and icelance (SpC, 119). I think that covers a lot of them, actually, though the number seems pretty small.

hymer
2014-02-22, 12:23 PM
At level 3, you can still get some fun out of Produce Flame. Blinding Spittle also relies on a ranged touch attack.

Edit: Mass snake's swiftnessed.

nedz
2014-02-22, 12:34 PM
Wilderness Rogue 1 / Deadly Hunter Druid 5 / Spellwarp Sniper 5
PBS [1], Track {2}, Extend Spell [3], PS [6], Split Ray [9], Deadeye Shot {9}

Opens up some more options

1st Sandblast, Vine Strike
2nd Saltray
3rd Thunderous Roar
4th Flame Strike, Vortex of Teeth, Arc of Lightning, Boreal Wind

Sandblast is a little broken when warped. 1d6 damage + stun — no save

SuperMuuh
2014-02-22, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions! :)

Session is not startin in too long, and seems I got some more spells at hand now :smallbiggrin: