PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect: To Stars Unknown (IC)

Ilorin Lorati
2014-02-22, 05:51 PM
This is a free-form RP thread for an otherwise weekly game I'm running with a number of friends of mine. There is no OOC thread.

Players, please choose a readable, non-black (the ones that would do this know who they are) color for anything your character says; actions should remain black. Any OOC chatter should remain through standard channels.
You work for a corporation called Fenyn Holdings, a fairly small conglomerate that finances itself through a number of both historical and technological initiatives, running museums on several dozen worlds and leveraging techology that is discovered alongside anthropological artifacts in order to turn a profit.

A week ago, you were given confirmation of an assignment and were summoned to the Citadel to receive it - this would be your first assignment in several months, if not your first assignment with the company at all. Upon arriving, you were given details on the assignment:

The system you’re scheduled to travel to is known as Merta Zul, a newly charted system in the Ninmah Cluster of the Attican Traverse. The data sent to you reveals that the system is home to 4 planets, none of which are habitable. While one is a hydrogen-oxygen gas giant with an estimated 30 moons of varying sizes, the rest are small rocky planets far too close to the star to support any sort of liquid water or even an appreciable atmosphere.

Orbiting in the L5 point of Merta Zul and Merta Zul IV is the Mass Relay; with it in the initial stages of being activated and wanting to be prepared for any incident that could come about from entering an unknown section of space, the council has sent a fairly sizable chunk of its forces and forbidden any sort of entrance into the solar system. Fenyn Holdings has issued an alert all of its contractors, telling them to prepare to move into the unknown region in hopes to recover what lays beyond and promising a much larger than normal bounty for anything of value that is brought back intact and unharmed, though it did warn that anyone found to be breaking interstellar laws would have their contracts of employment terminated.

While the ship you've been assigned to, a smaller Turian freighter known as Pev's Nova, is still undergoing the final stages of a retrofit designed to bring it in line with exploratory vessels, the work is less than a day from being finished and you've been asked to meet at the corporate shipyard in the Citadel’s docks in order to meet the captain and the rest of the crew. Within 72 hours, you’ll be leaving the Citadel and traveling to worlds no one has seen since the days of the Protheans.

You could wait weeks or even months before being allowed to pass through the relay, but by then any potential sites could be contaminated. With the promise of knowledge and bounty, you're not going to let something silly like the law get in your way, are you?

TheDirtbag
2014-02-22, 08:21 PM
The lift just ahead of the security checkpoint hisses open. Empty, save for a single figure. He's gaunt and wrapped in white, clearly a turian, even from a distance. Pausing, he lets the humming decontamination screens make their passes until the light ahead of him flicks on. Nodding to the port security, he keeps on his path toward the waiting section of the loading dock and finds the closest padded bench to rest his avian bones.A set of talons grip the corner of a datapad attached to his belt, tugging it up in front of his face. The faint, orange glow twists his coloration. Normally, his carapace is an almost sickly snow-white, with ribbons of elaborate blue markings criss-crossing his mandibles and forehead. Inky blue eyes start gliding through a scan of the area. It doesn't seem like anyone but the retrofit crew have arrived yet, and they're already hard at work inside the ship. Just as the silence begins to set back in, the datapad chirps.

"Hey, dad. It's Zarian."

"Good to hear from you. Almost done on the Citadel?"

"Almost. Just got out of my last appointment before we shove off. If we find anything on this trip, I sure as hell hope it's not another intelligent race. I could do without another month of mandatory CE courses."

"I'm not sure if I'll ever get time to go in for mine. We don't have any humans out here in the Traverse yet, anyway. I think it can wait."

"Not if you get your license revoked."

"No one cares about your license out here, Zarian. You know that."

"I know. That's why I get paid to explore uncharted worlds and you're stuck at home... delivering babies, or whatever it is you do."

A raspy chuckle rattles the device's speakers, but quickly gives way to a deep sigh. "On a good day. Things have been getting rough since you left for the Citadel, though. Some Blue Suns punk is trying to get us to quarter his men for free while they set up some kind of outpost nearby. I don't like it. You'd think having mercenaries around would mean more protection, but these guys just don't sit right with me."

"Just try to stay out of their way, dad. After I get back from this job -- whenever that is -- I'll come and help you get things sorted out."

The older turian at the other end emits a sound of what must be disapproval. "Don't worry about us, Zarian. We've been through tough times. At least the colony's still on its feet. Some mercenary punks aren't going to turn us into their slaves."

The ghost-white turian rolls his shoulders back into the bench seat. Both mandibles flick out in sequence. "Understood. Tell mom and the others I'll be back soon. Take care."

With that, the screen goes dark again and the turian throws his head back, eyes set into the tall ceiling of the hangar bay. Floodlights paint wide swaths of illumination onto the hull of the turian freighter hooked up to the docking rig.

"Hopefully this is a smooth one. In quick, out quick. No mess."

The sound of the checkpoint door catches in his ear and he turns back, standing up from the bench to observe the newcomer(s).

THE DOCTOR: Zarian Sanctus
Charming - Precise - Professional

Commander_fire
2014-02-23, 04:59 AM
The lift door opens with a quiet hiss, showing another visitor past the security checkpoint. The figure of the person comes in clear as day. In the light this man is quite obviously a Salarian. He steps forward, his eyes flicking left to right to give the area a quick scan with his eyes. He unconsciously wrings his hand, before letting out a small sigh of relief. Now that he has not as wired the most noticeable thing about this Salarian is his skin color, it is much darker than most of his kin with dark brown tanning his body. His eye's standard for a Salarian a deep black. His Iris's show a rich purple gleam to them. He shrugs a bit as he moves his shoulder bag, trying to get comfortable with the weight in the bag. The sound of small tools clanking around echo's a bit as he re-adjusts him self. The Salarian blinks once more as he does another check around the area before relaxing his body. He soon spots the Turian getting up from his bench. He waves towards the turian giving a bit of a smile, before his Omnitool beeps. He moves away from the door and off to one side as hey see's what the the beeping is about

A Bright orange flashes in his face and a video pop's up, the sound playing loud at first before he turns it down. A small creature appears on the screen, for most people in the galaxy it would be recognized as a Volus. This tiny fat creature seems to be in a suit mostly black with red strips on it. The creature soon begins to talk

“Greetings Mirelen-clan -KSHH.... I know you will get this message. So let -KSHH me be absolutely clear. I'm awaiting my credits.” The Salarian frowns at this, but the video continues “I will not wait forever -KSHH In fact I expect that to be re-payed in full in a weeks time -KSHH..Plus interest....If you don't the consequences will be... -KSHH. Will be serve.”

The message ends and his face goes dark without the light. The Salarian sighs as he closes his eyes a bit “A week...You have a week Eldas.You had a week....three weeks ago.” he says quietly to him self. He plays with his Omnitool a bit setting the message back to him self again...with a one day delay. Shaking his head, He puts a hand on his face rubbing it a bit. He soon turns around with his best face forward and says

“Hey, long time no see. Never leave a message do you? Thought you might of died.” he grins a bit as he walks over.

The Archaeologist: Mirelen Eldas

desyphur
2014-02-26, 02:49 AM
Octavia toys with her omni-tool as she steps through the security checkpoint, drawing a breath and sighing.

"No, not much more to send you yet, Aurelius. Should be able to get some credits here soon with this new job."

"Anything dangerous?"

"Not any more so than usual. You know me." she looks up, taking in the room as her talons click across the floor. She wore a basic multi-environment space suit, a medium caliber battle rifle of Turian make strapped across her back. Taller than the previous male to walk in, she looks ready for a scuff... and seems like she's been in a couple recently, by the scars in her armor. Icy blue eyes scan around the room, confirming the figures of the salarian and her fellow turian, steel gray mandibles clicking together as she thinks.

"Should be an easy enough mission. Protecting a few archaeologists on a loot run. Should pay attention, I'll call you back soon." she ends the call, tucking a talon behind her back to unlatch her rifle. She settles it in front of herself, quietly inspecting it as she lets the other two speak.

The Bounty Hunter: Octavia Decidiana

TheDirtbag
2014-02-26, 03:22 AM
"I don't think you're giving me enough credit, Mirelen. Besides, of all of us, you're the one who seems to get into the most trouble."

Sanctus pays a curious look over his shoulder as Octavia enters. Throwing up a little wave, he turns back to Mirelen, both arms hitching over his chest while he lowers himself back onto the bench.

"I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for that coming up, anyway. From what I hear, plenty of people have their eyes on this relay. It'll be like a rat race, and the activation is the starting gun. If we don't get in there quick, who knows who we'll have to contend with?"

Breathing out a little sigh, his eyes drift back to the freighter. A gantry crane began lowering some factory-fresh module down into a slot beneath the hull armor.

"People lose their minds over this stuff. For good reason, I guess, but I hope it doesn't turn into a bloodbath if something really valuable turns up. Hell, we may not even make it in there by then. Could end up sitting in orbit for a month and only get let in to pick up scraps, and since we're getting paid just for what we find, that's gonna make the trip a total wash."

Zarian pauses, suddenly realizing he's been rambling. He quiets and finishes with a shrug, punctuating the whole of his tirade.

desyphur
2014-02-26, 01:47 PM
Octavia returns the wave, settling back as she listened to the others...

"We'll get in there quick enough." Octavia comments. She twists her rifle in her claws, nodding to herself. "Our benefactors wouldn't want to lose out on too many credits themselves by missing this opportunity. Though that means we should be ready for a clash. Spirits guide us."

She closes her eyes, "I would hope you two can at least handle a pistol?" she comments. "We'll be like Pyjaks in a warzone if I'm the only one who can defend us."

Runninggrass
2014-02-26, 02:10 PM
Grace personified.

Even as she waited for the decon to finish it's work, Te'elia was graceful. She stood calmly with her hands folded in front of her around a small data-pad, her other belongings in a cylindrical duffle at her feet, her short nosed rifle slung over her back. This was her first time on a mission for Fenyn, and she needed the work quite badly.

She had only just finished her advanced courses in the History and Legends of the Sentient Species of the Milky Way. Only just gotten her Doctorate. . . And was up to her pretty green eyeballs in trouble for it.

She twitched, the poise and grace shattering for a moment as she clenched the data-pad to her chest. Curse her for a caring fool, and an impulsive idiot. . . The Asari took a deep breath and set her composure around herself like a thermal cloak. The grace returned as she stepped out of the lift, her duffle hanging heavy at her knee.

It seemed that at least some of her new crew were acquainted. Smiling her most self sure smile, Te'elia strode, hips a'sway, towards her new shipmates. "Good afternoon gentlemen," she nods at the males speaking together. "Lady." Another nod for the female Turian.

"I'm Doctor Te'elia Phani." She distinctly pronounced the last name FAWN-ee. Though there were no humans here, they seemed to think her last name, mispronounced, was the butt of some very amusing jokes. Something a short study of their linguistics suggested about a nickname for her hind-quarters far in their past. "Archaeologist. Specializing in piecing together the Legends of lost civilizations."

Placing her duffle on the ground again, she extended her hand, in the human manner, to the nearest of her new crew members, the female Turian. "Pleased to meet you."

The Legend Seeker: Te'elia Phani

Commander_fire
2014-02-26, 02:34 PM
Mirelen Chuckles a bit Ha! You know me to well. I promise though I've been on good behavior." He grins widely as he shifts his backpack, the clanging sounds of equipment heard from the bag.

He turns a bit to adjust his position so he can see Octavia, he gives a slight wave. He listens as Zarian goes on his tangent, before nodding

"That's why we are going in now. High risk, High reward. I mean I've heard the humors going around the council's activity. Some say they are new Prothean ruins in the system, say the council is just trying to delay us. Keep the discoveries for themselves." He shrugs it off, however if there is a slight frown on his face as he says that. He then shifts his weight unto his right leg.

"I'm just hoping were the first to get through the relay. Can't imagine the blood pack handling those precious relics of the past." He gives a slight shudder at the thought.

He nods to Octavia's question. "I can handle my self in a fight. I would prefer this go smoothly. It will be hard to unearth relics when your being shot at."

Hearing the Security door open once more, he looks over and study's the new comer. Asari huh? This should be interesting he thinks to him self. He nods her way "I'm Mirelen Eldas. I thought I was going to be the only archaeologist on this trip. Quite a surprise indeed." He says to her however his mind lost in thought as he wondered something to him self.

TheDirtbag
2014-02-26, 04:16 PM
Zarian cants his head at Octavia's comment. One mandible flicks out and he looses a little scoff.

"I grew up on the frontier. I'll be fine. I've logged just as many hours at the range as I have at the operating table."

Standing up again, he casts a curious glance back toward the checkpoint. An Asari. Interesting. Pacing around to the edge of the bench, he quickly appraises the woman, arms still folded securely across his breast. Waiting through the exchange of pleasantries, he bows his head respectfully.

"Doctor Zarian Sanctus, ever at your service. The traditional sort of doctor. The 'put your guts back in the right way' doctor."

Pacing around, the turian suddenly seems far more interested than before.

"Interesting that they'd send the two of you along, yeah." He jerks his head between the salarian and asari.

"Hopefully that means they're planning on letting us through quick."

desyphur
2014-02-26, 05:41 PM
Octavia lets out a little trilling laugh at the salarian. "Well, hopefully you won't be the one getting shot at either way. I tend to have the misfortune of being on the wrong side of small arms fire."

"My name is Octavia Decidiana. Bounty hunter and bodyguard. I'll be the one keeping you all safe. And if I fail, well, we've got doc here, it seems." she chirps, tilting her head toward Zarian. "Good to meet you all."

She extends a talon to the Asari, taking her hand in a firm grip and shaking it. Seemed a strong one, at least. Good, given that it seemed she would be their main combatant.

Rudiniki
2014-02-27, 03:18 AM
"You can't possibly be serious!" Daal'kir exclaimed, reaching his hands up to the console fixed to the side of the ship, pulling himself out with use of the small creeper below him, wheels letting out a horrific squeal. Cocking his head to the side he stares up at Kaitlyn for a moment before letting out a loud chuckle upon witnessing the seriousness of her face, shaking his head and returning to his inspection. "Alright, alright. I'm just saying, I never thought they would be able to bend that way!"

Daal fiddled under the console for a while longer, occasionally reaching a hand out to ask for some tool or another. In no time he worked the two final wires together and hit the reconnected the power, the previously dark terminal beaming back to life with displays of temperature readings, power usage and other assorted tech babble that would likely be lost upon most anyone who look at it. "And there we go!" He exclaimed with a hint of pride as he snapped the casing back over the delicate circuitry and wheeled himself out.

Pulling his arms up he folded them at the back of his helmet, even through the tinted purple glass the playful grin could almost be seen. "Soo.." He said, tilting his head over to Kaitlyn. "What was my time?"

The Mechanic: Daal'kir nar Tanok
Cautious - Curious - Whizz with an Omnitool

Sinlinara
2014-02-27, 04:50 AM
Kaitlyn sat close by the Quarian, tapping the panel of her omnitool as she performed a few quick calculations. After taking a quick glance at one of the tool's displays she remarked back at him, "Well, if you count the time spent not working you're a few seconds short. Otherwise, I think we might have a new record."

Presently, she rose from her seat and took a short few steps across the interior of the ship towards the lying Quarion. Standing in front of the console, she jokingly added, "Unfortunately, technically breaking a record doesn't get you any tips for a job well done." She waited a few moments to let the console finish processing all of its start-up items before starting to examine its systems. Several computer noises and keytaps later, "Alright, looks like this one's all set... Going to do a quick diagnostic scan just in case, but I think we should have no problem catching any upcoming Asari love-flicks." A handful more beeps passed as Kaitlyn proceeded to continue working with the console's systems while still grinning from her own joke, quickly bringing up an automated diagnostic routine.

The Pilot: Kaitlyn Burns
Protective - Jealous - In Charge of the Big Guns

Runninggrass
2014-02-27, 07:03 AM
Te'elia smiled at Octavia. "Thank you. I can only speak for myself, but I'm glad to be in such obviously capable talons. Hopefully, I may acquit myself equitably should it come down to brute force of arms, though I am only moderately trained in the use of my rifle."

The Asari turned that smile to the doctor next. "And I hope that the need for your particular service is uncalled, but I am glad to have you along, should that need arise." She gave the man a small nod of her head.

When she turned to Mirelen, her smile broadened further. "Doctor Eldas. In spite of the overall reaction of my people to your thesis on our biology, I have to say that it is a great honor to be working with you on this project. Your theories on the Protheans is revolutionary and your postulations on Argon X hold great merit, I believe."

Commander_fire
2014-02-27, 07:53 AM
Eldas grins a bit bit "Wow." he rubs the back of his two pronged head. "I'm surprised people actually read those." He bows slightly to the asari "It will be a pleasure working with someone actually in the field for once."

He looks towards the ship's entrance. "Soon the ship will be cleared and we can finally get on with this."

desyphur
2014-02-27, 02:14 PM
"Finally." Octavia chirps, sitting back and looking toward the ship as well. She tucks her rifle back behind her back, nodding her head to herself, mandibles clicking together as she thinks...

"Did anyone else actually get offered an estimate on how much we'll get out of this? Or did they manage to talk you guys out of finding out, too?" She taps the side of her face, reaching up to adjust the set of pink feathers sticking out of the side.

Rudiniki
2014-02-27, 04:20 PM
Daal chuckled softly as he picked himself up, giving a small shrug as he brushed off the thin layer of dust along the arm of his suit. "Maybe it doesn't, but a few bragging rights can be more valuable than any tip."

Folding his arms together he leaned back against the console, head turned to watch as began her diagnostics. "Hah, good to know.. just make sure to keep that for when we're -not- making a jump. Crashing into a star may be a great way to go, but I don't think I'm ready to go just yet, especially if it was due to the pilot being.. distracted." He reached out a hand, lightly smacking Kaitlyn's shoulder teasingly.

"You know, if I didn't know any better.." Daal spoke, almost mumbling to himself as he pulled up his Omnitool, going over the diagnostic report of the whole ship. "I'd say that they purposefully made this malfunction as a test of sorts for us, the rest of this ship is running like a dream." Glancing to the door he gives one last glance to his Omnitool for the time before dismissing the display. "The rest of the crew should be arriving any moment now." He mused, unconsciously rubbing his gloved hands together.

TheDirtbag
2014-02-27, 05:45 PM
Doctor Sanctus pays Octavia a thoughtful look, but the churning gears in his head don't seem to offer much.

"No estimates. Something like this is almost impossible to estimate, anyway. There could be a whole trove of artifacts out there, or there could be nothing."

He pauses and turns toward the railing of the waiting section, casting a look out into the hangar proper below them.

"Or, it could be like the Omega 4 relay, and we'll be lost forever as soon as we traverse it." At that, he just shrugs and lets the thought fade off.

His attention seems to be set squarely on the ship now, which sits a couple dozen yards from their comfortable perch. Most of the activity must be inside, but there are two figures milling around by the ship's flank.

"Those two don't look like they're with the retrofit crew. No uniforms. One of them is... a human. Interesting. Female, by the looks. I should know, I just spent the last month studying their anatomy. Strange creatures; absolutely covered in hair."

Zarian shudders at the thought, but leans closer over the railing to get a better look.

"And... a quarian? I wonder if they might be the ship's crew. A quarian might be complicated to take care of, but at least I'll have someone to share my dextro recipes with."

It occurs to him that he's speaking mostly to himself, given that he hasn't looked back at the group since the pair caught his eye. He doesn't seem to mind, though. The sight of the ship finally has him restless. Talons drum along the metal barrier.

desyphur
2014-02-27, 10:08 PM
"Hey, wouldn't mind some of those recipes myself. " Octavia quips, offering the closest thing to a smirk that she could manage.

" A human, though?" Her mandibles clack back together as she thinks of that. "... well. I suppose we'll see."

Commander_fire
2014-02-27, 10:41 PM
"Well there has be something beyond that relay, and its going to be something people will want to see." he nods, he seems to be more assuring him self than anything.

Turns him self around at the word human "Really? Fenyn Holdings hired a human?" he says a loud, before murmuring to him self as he thinks on this new information "They seem to holding a lot of information back..." Eldas shakes his head. "And a Quarian. Must of had some cuts in budget recently. Doesn't bode well for payment." he says in a matter of fact tone.

desyphur
2014-02-27, 11:21 PM
"Whatever is on the other side... we'll find it.... and with it, we'll find our profits." Octavia nods her head quietly, looking to the Salarian. "They might be stooping low enough to hire a human... but if they're part of our crew, we'll just deal with it."

Ilorin Lorati
2014-02-28, 11:44 AM
Two more crewmembers join the group waiting, another Asari and a Salarian that seem to be lost in a discussion over food, it would seem, with each other.

After a few minutes of the crew talking among themselves, the hatch to the ship's loading tunnel cracks open and out steps a single Turian figure.

Someone could be forgiven for confusing this Turian for one of the mechanics working on the retrofit at first glance just - if a Turian could look mousy, he would be it - but anything more than a cursory look would reveal the captain's stripes on his dark green uniform. Looking up from the datapad in his hands, he stepped down the stairs and looked around, mentally counting off.

When the Turian opens his mouth to speak, his voice is completely unlike would be expected of his build, low and commanding as he finally steps down off the stairs leading to the interior of the vessel. "It looks like everyone's here. My name is Aelus Domito, and I'm the captain of this rather lovely vessel. That is to say to a little over half of you I'm your direct superior, and to the rest of you... you're probably better off listening to my advice anyways.

"As you all probably already know but I'll repeat for the sake of those who didn't read the whole way through the brief, there's a mass effect relay being activated in the Attican Traverse, and we're going to be heading through it as soon as we're able. In twenty hours..." he check his datapad before continuing, "and change we'll be undocking from the Citadel and working our way there."

"There are eight crew members plus myself, and it's at this point that I'm to tell you that each of you will be given a 5% stake in whatever you bring back in addition to your base pay - on a personal note, I'm rather jealous. They just pay me a salary."

"This ship has the most diverse crew in all of the Fenyn fleet, and I trust everyone here will put aside whatever enmities they have for each other." He looks pointedly at Kaitlyn before continuing. "I've been told you were one of the best pilots for the Human Alliance during the Relay 314 incident. While I won't deny my misgivings about letting a human pilot my ship, as long as you don't let that little bit of history cloud your judgement and guide us through I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

"If anyone has any questions, come find me and I'll be happy to answer them. Otherwise, you're free to move about the vessel and take stock of where you'll be working and living for the next several weeks. Dismissed."

desyphur
2014-02-28, 02:22 PM
Finally, permission to get aboard the ship and settled in. Octavia pushes forward, glancing at the human again as she heads onto the ship. Best that she followed the captains example, offering a talon as she stops beside the human.

"The name is Octavia Decidiana... you're our pilot, then? Try not to crash us before we can get to the artifacts, hm?" she says wth a teasing lilt, looking down to her.

TheDirtbag
2014-02-28, 02:58 PM
Sanctus studies Kaitlyn more closely when they've all been gathered up. He hadn't been in turian space during the Relay 314 incident, nor had anyone in his family. It had all seemed like a big mistake to him. Being a more lax and progressive type compared to most turians, he has never really held any significant animosity toward humans. That said, he offers the woman nothing more than a curt nod -- the same for the quarian.

The doctor remains quiet through the captain's small speech, nodding along until they're dismissed.

Head snapping toward Octavia, he joins in with the second round of introductions.

"Doctor Zarian Sanctus. If you're ill or injured, I'm your man. I'll, uh -- I'll be in the med bay, if there is one."

Without further delay, he offers the group a wave and strides off to the docking tube. Since he'd already sent his things ahead to be loaded, they're likely already somewhere in the cargo bay. He spends the next few minutes on a leisurely stroll through the ship, poking his head into any room with an open door, searching for any sign of a sickbay, or somewhere with a proper operating table.

Finding a suitable space, he sets himself down and pulls his datapad back out to begin reviewing the mission details.

Sinlinara
2014-02-28, 05:34 PM
Not about to be talked down to by a Turian, "Just focus on the small guns and I'll handle the big ones." She jutted her thumb over her shoulder towards the cockpit as she teased back before adding with a devilish grin, "Sound good?" Her hand fell onto her hip as she, perhaps too eagerly, awaited Octavia's response.

Runninggrass
2014-02-28, 05:59 PM
"Kait Burns!" The asari smiled brightly, having been distracted from her anger over the disparaging remarks about humans by the Captain's appearance and speech. "I thought you were supposed to be on the other side of the Milky Way!"

Ignoring the rest of the crew and the electric atmosphere of challenge, she all but danced through the gathering and threw her arms around Kaitlyn's neck. "I had no idea you were going to be Piloting for this mission! How long has it been since we've really talked? A few months now? Longer? Are you still slumming it with your pet Quarian?"

Her grin over Kait's shoulder at Daal was joined by a wink for the sake of making sure they both knew it was just good-natured teasing.

Ilorin Lorati
2014-02-28, 08:36 PM
((Previous free-form session was played through to weekly session, continuing here))

Council forces were not in the business of making things easy for the crew of Pev's Nova, catching you at the ship entered Maskim Xul through the Mass Relay and warning the crew that leaving the system by any way other than back through the relay would be against no-fly rules currently in effect for the nebula.

With the help of Te'elia and Mirelen, Captain Domito managed to led the council forces into believing they were going to Suen, but the force response set Pev's Nova on a path into being forced to land on the now-barren Rachni homeworld. A hole was found in one of the ship's envirosuits, requiring a recheck of all them before the captain would be able to give the clear to allow anyone on the crew out into the toxic winds of the planet, leaving the crew waiting for several hours.

Commander_fire
2014-03-01, 03:54 PM
As Mirelen reaches the Survey lab. He messes with the terminal to bring up a planet wide showing of Suen. Letting out a soft sigh

"This is... problematic. The planet is a constant war of Scorching and frozen on the surface. Means to find actually ruins we will have to go into the planets by still open Rachni tunnels." he starts to pace as he studies the red dwarf planet.

"Krogan, very thorough. Bombs decimated cities and underground layers. So deeper we go more chance to find something....perhaps." he says in a uncertain tone.

TheDirtbag
2014-03-02, 01:25 AM
Sanctus stays in the cockpit after the exchange with the council vessel, waiting for the comm indicators to switch off before speaking to the others.

"So, let me get this straight. Just so we're all on the same page. We're landing on Suen to avoid suspicion while we wait for the relay to acivate. Then, we're going to try to burn toward the relay and get through before anyone notices?"

The doctor cants his head, arms crossed while he peers out of the cockpit viewport.

"Or do we already have clearance for the relay?"

Sinlinara
2014-03-02, 09:59 AM
Kaitlyn looks over her shoulder to the captain for a moment to see his reaction to Sanctus's remarks before returning her attention to the ship's console to make sure the read-outs are all positive. "We're showing up to the party uninvited either way. Once things start getting hot I don't think it matters whether we crash the party or sneak in. They're probably going to know who did it no matter what we do... and they'll know exactly where to find us."

desyphur
2014-03-02, 04:05 PM
"So we move quickly and keep our heads on a swivel." Octavia says from her chair, leaning back in the seat. "Shouldn't be too bad, I would hope."

"Though I do hope we run into something at least... would be a boring trip for me if we didn't at least face competition."