PDA

View Full Version : Will Miko Get Her Powers Back?

Yzorth
2007-01-30, 06:34 PM
So, what do you think?

xatm092
2007-01-30, 06:38 PM
BLACKGUARD!

Go Miko, the new Nale.

Yzorth
2007-01-30, 09:37 PM
Well, I'm not very sure at this point. I'm still thinking about a few things, like the fact that atonement would require admitting she was wrong, which would be really hard for someone like Miko.

heretic
2007-01-30, 09:49 PM
Miko will be broken completely. Huzzah!

dragongirl13
2007-01-31, 12:31 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Miko the Lawful Evil Blackguard, so my vote will go to Blackguard. That would be so totally AWESOME!!!!!

I wonder which side of the Azure City battle Miko the Blackguard would be on...

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-31, 12:33 AM
What about a Maybe option? Because I'm not sure.

Jewel Thief
2007-01-31, 12:34 AM
We've seen her costume turn gray. Next? Black!

Brickwall
2007-01-31, 12:34 AM
No "meh" option?

Honestly, I think there are many ways that the Giant can write her plot and still make a good story. There's no way to tell.

Judging by what I know of her, no, she won't. However, people frequently surprise us. That's why we have psychologists.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-01-31, 12:41 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Miko the Lawful Evil Blackguard, so my vote will go to Blackguard. That would be so totally AWESOME!!!!!

I wonder which side of the Azure City battle Miko the Blackguard would be on...

I very much doubt she'd willingly work with Redcloak and Z, simply because of their differences.

Bad guys do not always have to work with other bad guys, after all.

I do see her possibly working with Nale, though. "What, the Order of the Stick? We're completely devoted to killing those jerks. Wanna join up and kill them together?"

Kayura
2007-01-31, 12:48 AM
Blackguard, Definately. She'll will feel as though the Twelve Gods betrayed her. They led her to discover what she believed was Shojo's trechery against Azure City. Then when she fulfilled what was obviously their will they took their favor from her.
Behold the power of self justification.

Kayura

A Pointy Object
2007-01-31, 12:51 AM
My bet's on her becoming a blackguard.

That is, if Hinjo doesn't smite her first. ;)

Demented
2007-01-31, 12:52 AM
Aw, Hinjo wouldn't do that. Would he?
*sniff*
My poor little Hinjo, all grown up! :tear:

A Pointy Object
2007-01-31, 12:57 AM
There's a good chance he would... considering he's just witnessed a huge bolt of divine power striking Miko after slaying Shojo, fading her cloak as a clear sign she was no longer wanted in the Paladin's order for her murderous impatience for answers.

Or maybe he wouldn't. You be the judge of that.

StudlyDuck
2007-01-31, 01:02 AM
This might sound crazy, but I hope she neither atones nor becomes a blackguard. Both situations are kinda overused. I'm hoping she actually stays a fallen paladin and develops as a character from there.

onikun86
2007-01-31, 01:44 AM
About the whole blackguard thing, its annoying. Do people vote for it because they honestly think it will happen, or they WANT it to happen?
Just because she CAN doesn't mean she will.
Just because Nale can multiclass to every other class doesn't mean he will.
Just because Haley can go a life without looting/stealing doesn't mean she will.
Just because Belkar can kill any of the other Oots at any time doesn't mean... er... well...

silvadel
2007-01-31, 01:46 AM
I think she will pull a raistlin.

Silfir
2007-01-31, 02:08 AM
I CAN'T SEE any Blackguard potential within Miko, to be honest. She has always bordered on Lawful Neutral. Her Fall was to be expected from this angle.

She has never shown a tendency to evil before, though, just to uncontrollable bouts of anger.

And no. Linear Guild and Miko WON'T mix. Miko was always a loner, and a loner she will stay.
Methinks she'd rather give Nale a sound smack in the face, because he'll most likely behave like an ******* if he ever does ask her to join.

Demented
2007-01-31, 02:12 AM
About the whole blackguard thing, its annoying. Do people vote for it because they honestly think it will happen, or they WANT it to happen?

There's a difference? :smallconfused:

Green Bean
2007-01-31, 02:13 AM
Go Atonement! Whooo!

donkyhotay
2007-01-31, 02:34 AM
I would love to see her get swayed by xykon and become a blackguard but I think it is much more realistic that she will atone (and probably join the OOTS as part of the atonement process). Miko is seriously misguided but she honestly does believe the things she does is for the best, she has just been shown by the gods themselves that her actions are not justified or correct. In order to go blackguard she will need to somehow decide that the gods themselves are wrong which is totally against her character. It is much more likely that she will see that not all is black and white, begin the atonement process and end up a much nicer person in the long run.

Jonsey
2007-01-31, 02:56 AM
And no. Linear Guild and Miko WON'T mix. Miko was always a loner, and a loner she will stay.
Methinks she'd rather give Nale a sound smack in the face, because he'll most likely behave like an ******* if he ever does ask her to join.

True, Miko and Nale wouldn't make great team mates, but we've seen in the past his ability to pursade others into doing what he wants even without their knowing, like his convincing the party to work together in the dungeon of Dorukan, luring them and brainwashing Elan (even if it was only for a single strip).

I think that it's possible that Nale could pursade Miko to work for him against the OOTS, especially if he convinced her that doing so was either her own idea or that losing her powers was a way of the gods "testing" her

Duke of URL
2007-01-31, 07:31 AM
True, Miko and Nale wouldn't make great team mates, but we've seen in the past his ability to pursade others into doing what he wants even without their knowing, like his convincing the party to work together in the dungeon of Dorukan, luring them and brainwashing Elan (even if it was only for a single strip).

I think that it's possible that Nale could pursade Miko to work for him against the OOTS, especially if he convinced her that doing so was either her own idea or that losing her powers was a way of the gods "testing" her

And lets not forget... without her nifty Paladin bonuses, Miko probably has an abysmal Will save...

Setra
2007-01-31, 07:59 AM
I am hopeful for attonement, but will reserve any real speculation for the next time we see Miko actually do something.

RMS Oceanic
2007-01-31, 08:11 AM
My personal preference:

After some soul searching, Miko attempts to attone, but the spell doesn't work. The caster concludes that some subconscious part of Miko is holdign on to feelings that render the spell moot. After another bout of soul searching, she finally realises her self-truth: how she's been narrow minded, judgemental and blinded by personal feelings. After making peace with her demons, she concludes that she would not serve the Twelve Gods best as a Paladin, and finds a less restrictive way to serve divine will, maybe by resuming her Monk training. And maybe she ultimately finds redemption in a sacrifice to aid the OotS in the final battle with Xycon.

Makes sense?

Pantler
2007-01-31, 08:11 AM
I actually think of her fall more of a lesson than of a punishment. Technically it is possible for her to regain her powers, and all the way she was wrong with good intentions. Obviously, she deserved what she got - she committed murder; still (not making any predictions) I'd say she deserves to have the chance to atone, once she understands her mistakes.

TinSoldier
2007-01-31, 12:17 PM
My personal preference:

After some soul searching, Miko attempts to attone, but the spell doesn't work. The caster concludes that some subconscious part of Miko is holdign on to feelings that render the spell moot. After another bout of soul searching, she finally realises her self-truth: how she's been narrow minded, judgemental and blinded by personal feelings. After making peace with her demons, she concludes that she would not serve the Twelve Gods best as a Paladin, and finds a less restrictive way to serve divine will, maybe by resuming her Monk training. And maybe she ultimately finds redemption in a sacrifice to aid the OotS in the final battle with Xycon.

Makes sense?That does make sense, actually.