PDA

View Full Version : PF: Sniper's Eye Question

joca4christ
2014-02-23, 12:05 PM
TLDR: Does the rogue talent sniper's eye grant sneak attack anytime an opponent has partial concealment, or only allow for sneak attack when sneak is possible despite partial concealment?

In my current game, I have a player running a zen archer 1/sniper 3 who has taken the rogue talent "Sniper's Eye." The way he reads the description, he think as long as he is within 30 ft of an opponent that has concealment, he can take a sneak attack, if he succeeds on the 20% miss chance. The way I read it, the talent allows for a rogue to take an attack of opportunity on someone despite concealment, if a sneak attack can be taken (flat-footed, etc.)

Can I get one of you veteran's to confirm this for me?

Artillery
2014-02-23, 12:15 PM
Sniper's Eye lets you still sneak attack a person if they have partial concealment, which you cannot normally sneak attack. They still need to be denied-dex for it to work.

The Seeking Enchantment on a bow does the same thing but is better in every way. It negates the miss chance and works on full concealment, so you could also sneak attack anyone with concealment with that bow if they are denied-dex.

drack
2014-02-23, 12:26 PM
Agreed, though seeking is from a source that as a GM I wouldn't use. (forget which offhand, maybe dragon?)

Forrestfire
2014-02-23, 12:50 PM
Seeking is from Ultimate Equipment, according to d20psrd.

drack
2014-02-23, 12:54 PM
Sounds third party.

Alent
2014-02-23, 12:57 PM
Sounds third party.

Ultimate Equipment is first party - it's Pathfinder's MiC.

drack
2014-02-23, 01:01 PM
Ah, PF... no wonder I didn't recollect it. :smallbiggrin:

Artillery
2014-02-23, 01:23 PM
Agreed, though seeking is from a source that as a GM I wouldn't use. (forget which offhand, maybe dragon?)

So you don't use the Dungeon Masters Guide in 3.5? Its right next to all the other magic weapon enchantments.

drack
2014-02-23, 01:38 PM
Ah, PF... no wonder I didn't recollect it. :smallbiggrin:

And you use the DMg form 3.5 in your PF games? Hadn't recognized the name, but recalled from past experience denying it in a game due to the source. no need to be hattin mate.

Artillery
2014-02-23, 01:59 PM
And you use the DMg form 3.5 in your PF games? Hadn't recognized the name, but recalled from past experience denying it in a game due to the source. no need to be hattin mate.

Sorry, just used to having to fight for all the things on archers with my DM. Life became much better for my archer once they got the Force enchantment from MIC and I couldn't be made useless by DR.

drack
2014-02-23, 02:08 PM
Yup, I know the feeling. Archers are awesome, but they do get little support apart from mass combat. In earnest though I think I was thinking the metamagic counterpart at first (vary broken which tends to need to be immediately stomped out when seen).