PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon Question

Nihilarian
2014-02-23, 12:27 PM
Can a PrC that grants "+1 level of existing spellcasting class" be used to advance Chameleon casting? I already know that Chameleon casting can't be used to qualify for a PrC, but I'm not sure whether it can advance it.

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-23, 06:33 PM
No, because chameleon does not have a class entry labeled "spellcasting" or "Spells". It has a class feature that GRANTS spells, but that is not the same thing.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-23, 07:00 PM
I'm going to have to go with Fouredged here. Arcane Focus and Divine Focus are not actually spellcasting classes that can be progressed. They're class features that grant you access to spellcasting, but that's not quite the same.

Nettlekid
2014-02-23, 07:02 PM
Also, since Chameleon focus-granted class features can't be used as prereqs for other PrCs and the like, it would make sense that they can't be progressed with a caster-progressing PrC.

I also have a question about Chameleon spells. When you have Spells/Day as granted by the table, is that total spells for Arcane and Divine focus, or do you get that many Arcane spells and that many Divine spells, should you choose to use both of those focuses?

Nihilarian
2014-02-23, 07:04 PM
Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-23, 07:07 PM
The lists are independant. You can get a full set of both using double focus. Note, you must recover each type in it's own way. If you do not have the divine focus at dawn, you cannot prepare divine spells that day. If you do not rest for 8 hours in the arcane focus, you cannot prepare spells for the day.