PDA

View Full Version : Simple arcane gish help

TeslaJr
2014-02-23, 04:53 PM
So I'm working on this 12th level gish and I thought I'd come here to get some help. So far, I've decided to go for an Earth Dwarven Fighter 5/ Wizard 1 with Immediate Magic ACF/ Runesmith 1/ Abjurant Champion 5. If Runesmith had full BAB, I'd take that to the capstone after AC 5, but since it doesn't I'm gonna pick something else with full BAB. Here's what I've got so far:

Fighter 5/ Wizard 1/ Runesmith 1/ Abjurant Champion 5
Race: Earth Dwarf (UA) (+2 Str, Con & -2 Dex, Cha)
Wizard ACF: Immediate Magic, Conjuration version
-I choose Conjuration specialization so I could use the Abrupt Jaunt ability

Stats (4d6, drop lowest)
STR 18 -> 20
DEX 16 -> 14
CON 16 -> 18
INT 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21
WIS 14
CHA 10 -> 8

BAB 10
FORT 7
REF 2
WIS 9

Feats
Power Attack
Combat Expertise
Combat Casting
Improved Trip
Knockdown (S&F)
???
???

My main spells are gonna be: Enlarge Person, Shield, True Strike, Nerveskitter, Mirror Image, Bull's Strength, Wraithstrike (Maybe in the form of a Spell Trap on my maul), Haste, Greater Mighty Wallop, Dispel Magic ('Cause I'm the only one allowed to have buffs), Heart of Earth, and Draco Polymorph. Since I can cast in armor thanks to Runesmith , I figured I'd ignore (Greater) Mage Armor and get a set of Dwarven Battleplate. Its AC bonus is only 2 below Greater Mage Armor's (if it was researched as an Abjuration spell and was used in conjunction with AC's ability), but it can't be dispelled and can be enchanted.

As you can see, it still needs some work. Since my DM allowed me to research abjuration copies of spells (within reason), I choose not to take Quicken Spell and Extend Spell, but I'm not quite sure what to replace those feats with. I might take Cleave and Smiting Spell/some craft feat, but I'm not sure. I do know that the next feat I get is gonna be Craft Contingent Spell, because why not? As for equipment, I know for a fact that I'm gonna be using a Maul and Dwarven Battleplate, and probably a Ring of Enduring Arcana, a few Pearls of Power, and a Headband of Intellect. After that, *shrug*.

Urpriest
2014-02-23, 05:10 PM
Why are you going Fighter 5?

RolandDeschain
2014-02-23, 05:13 PM
I'm sure he's doing it for the +5 BAB that Abjurant Champion requires, but he could get there with fighter 4/ wizard or runesmith 2

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-02-23, 06:43 PM
Why even include Runesmith at all, when Abjurant Champion 5/ Paragnostic Apostle 1 gives you the AC of +7 Full Plate and a +5 Tower Shield when you cast Greater Luminous Armor and Shield?

Go with a more traditional Fighter 2/ Wizard 4/ Spellsword 1/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Paragnostic Apostle 2/ Eldritch Knight 6. Get Mind Over Matter and Spatial Awareness from Paragnostic Apostle. Use this Wizard variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard) to get a Fighter feat instead of Scribe Scroll, and you'll have just as many bonus feats as if you'd gone Fighter 5. You don't even lose any more BAB than your proposed Runesmith build, and Wraithstrike makes BAB largely irrelevant anyway.

TeslaJr
2014-02-24, 02:12 AM
I chose Runesmith because A) I like the class and B) it's an evil campaign so I can't use the Luminous Armor line.