PDA

View Full Version : A few flavor helps

Lynnalynna
2014-02-23, 05:07 PM
I am hoping I am posting this in the right spot. So I am starting a campaign with a few of my friends and my significant other, and we are playing a standard fantasy world. My DM is letting me play a Wu-Jen, which I have been working on diligently. But I have come to a few rocky points in character creation. First off, I am planning on taking her through Geometer and then Effigy Master starting at 10 and 15 respectively, she is going to be from the Sparrow Clan (L5R books are being allowed) and will have traveled to the west, but that is where (well other than numbers) I get stumped. I know what skills and what feats I am taking, but what I don't know, is what element should I focus in. So far the group has a Wizard based on Ice and a Pallidin who is going to be themed towards some fire based deity...I thought of doing fire or water...but earth and wood both sound tempting, and then of course metal...so that is my main impasse right now...which element I should take. I'm not really looking at power or anything, but more what is going to feel right for the character. Also I am one of those players that when they play a character that focuses in a spell style, that is all I take (I am using the guidelines for expanding the Wu-Jen spell list as is described in the spell compendium). So whatever element I choose, that will dictate my whole spell list.

The only other flavor question I have is if there is any good Rakugan or L5R name generators out there, or should I just go with a Japanese name generator?

Vrock_Summoner
2014-02-23, 05:13 PM
I can't help you with the name, and you might want to have posted this in the actual game sections, but I can tell you that if you're sparrow clan I'd say Wood feels the most thematic. Plus, it's very organic (literally and figuratively) which meshes well with the elemental focus of the group.

Kane0
2014-02-23, 05:17 PM
Wood/metal fit best with Effigy master thematically speaking, and wouldn't be clashing with the fire/frost characters either.

Both are fine options, but the Sparrow Clan thing might put one in favor of the other for you.

Lynnalynna
2014-02-23, 05:52 PM
Thank you guys, actually you both had some good reasoning towards wood, so I think that is the way I will go! Again, thank you so much!

Vrock_Summoner
2014-02-23, 08:13 PM
Thank you guys, actually you both had some good reasoning towards wood, so I think that is the way I will go! Again, thank you so much!

Glad to help. Hope the game goes well for you.

Lynnalynna
2014-02-24, 01:51 AM
Glad to help. Hope the game goes well for you.

Me too lol, it will be my girlfriends first role playing game, and we have such an odd party as it is lol. But should be fun regardless!