PDA

View Full Version : PF Gestalt Question

Macabros
2014-02-23, 06:56 PM
I am curious is a Gestalt of a Monk//Ninja worthwhile?
They have a lot of Overlap for sure, their Ki Pool comes from two different sources Cha and Wis from each class.

I am curious because the flavor I can imagine is really cool.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-02-23, 09:01 PM
Well it isn't the most powerful Gestalt possible, but it should work decently. Monk Flurry gives you two weapon fighting at full BAB and then you can add sneak attack damage on top of that and cut through DR. You might be better off with Rogue/Monk as I believe you would only have one Ki Pool and the Rogue can qualify for Ninja Tricks. This would let you concentrate on Dex and Wisdom as your primary stats.

You may have some trouble with RP justifications for a Lawful thief character. If your GM gives you any hassle over the concept you can go for the Martial Artist monk archetype, which can be of any alignment. In that case, stick with Ninja as the Martial Artist loses its Ki Pool.

Sayt
2014-02-23, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure how gestalt works in this regard, but monk and ninja ki pools stack, but they only get charisma or wisdom to their pool, assumably ninja, as that gets it first.

If you do want to go ninja monk, you could take the martial artist monk which trades away ki pool and other Wis dependent stuff, or take three levels of something before ninja to get wis pool and the attacking pools. Ranger or vivisectionist alchemist maybe?

grarrrg
2014-02-23, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure how gestalt works in this regard, but monk and ninja ki pools stack, but they only get charisma or wisdom to their pool, assumably ninja, as that gets it first.

You get to choose which stat when you get the second Ki ability.
So even though Ninja gets it "first", you are able to switch to WIS once you get to Monk 4.

As for Gestalt...it's the same feature, but it's not the same feature.
Ask your DM if they stack or if they are separate. Heck, he may even allow WIS _and_ CHA to Ki.

Sayt
2014-02-23, 11:08 PM
Well, ninjas ki pool explicitly states that it stacks with other ki pools, but you only get one of the stats. My uncertainty is whether they stack across the //, so to speak.
So a monk 4/ninja 4 has a ki pool of 4+stat, but would a monk 8//ninja 8 have a ki pool of 8+stat or a pool of 4+cha and a pool of 4+wis?

Macabros
2014-02-24, 07:43 AM
Hmm.

Well I am curious a Serene Barbarian (3rd Party)// Martial Artist would it be any good?

Or maybe a Paladin//Monk?

I was thinking to see if I can get 3.5 and Dragon Mags involved and use a Paladin of Freedom//Chaos Monk.

Any opinions on those?

grarrrg
2014-02-24, 10:33 AM
Or maybe a Paladin//Monk?

I was thinking to see if I can get 3.5 and Dragon Mags involved and use a Paladin of Freedom//Chaos Monk.

If you roll extremely well, or get ginormously high point buy, then go for it.
Otherwise, you're only real dump stat is INT.

Granted, you could just skip WIS and take the Monk for all it's worth in bonus feats and such...that could work.