PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays in Oots

mrponeis
2014-02-23, 10:46 PM
So, I don't really know if this is the best method to ask something to the Giant, tough figured that could give it a try...

Are there official birthday dates in the Order of the Stick? Sure they use an alternative calendar to displaying the events, have holidays and sure the Oracle mentioned a 'in comic' year co-related with 365/366 gregorian calendar that we use nowadays...

I'm trying to elaborate this, but maybe the ideal is to keep it simple... You see, itīs a hobby of mine researching this type of factoids (zodiac, birthdays, bloodtypes & etc), so I would like to open a topic to discuss in what dates the characters were born and how they affect (or not) their personalities...

It would be a lot better if the Giant himself could give some fanservice and give us some official data... but I'm good with any kind of answer for know...

thanks for your attention

Até mais ver
mr.poneis

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-02-24, 12:14 AM
I would try using the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page if you want to speak directly to the Giant.

Tiiba
2014-02-24, 12:32 AM
But the information would be useful to the whole community. I think this is the right way.

Sylthia
2014-02-24, 12:47 AM
The only one we might be able to narrow down someone from the comic as far as I can remember, is Roy's. After he died, I remember him having had a birthday.

jere7my
2014-02-24, 12:47 AM
But the information would be useful to the whole community. I think this is the right way.

How on earth would getting Rich to provide the birthdays of the characters, which he has almost certainly not worked out (even if he's worked out the world's calendar) because it has no impact on the story, benefit the community?

Sylthia
2014-02-24, 12:55 AM
How on earth would getting Rich to provide the birthdays of the characters, which he has almost certainly not worked out (even if he's worked out the world's calendar) because it has no impact on the story, benefit the community?

Lots of people care about these things for works of fiction. I know that each character from the Harry Potter Universe has an official birthday, even though it doesn't matter for 90% of the characters.

allenw
2014-02-24, 08:32 AM

While I don't think it would benefit the community much, Rich is on record that characters die of old age at 12:01 am on their birthday. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16564021#post16564021)

Plus, Belkar's next birthday is prophesized to be his last (although we don't know that it hasn't already happened).

Bavarian itP
2014-02-24, 08:52 AM

Because THIS community makes dozens of threads out of the most insignificant details, and we're gonna need this threads during the long, long end-of-book-hiatus :smallfrown:

Rogar Demonblud
2014-02-24, 05:41 PM

Point for you.