PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other [Race, PEACH]Drundar Dog/Half-Girallon

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-24, 07:37 AM
Drundar Dog

Physical Description
Drundar dogs have brown leathery skin, four arms, and their face is a cross between a bear and a gorilla. they have four arms and two legs.

Relations With Other Races
Most races treat Drundar dogs as slaves as they believe them unintelligent.

Language
Drundar dogs have difficulty speaking in any proper language, but they can understand languages. They may spend 2 skill points to learn to speak any language that they can understand.

Common Names
Drundar dogs have no use for words and as such no use for names.

Drundar Dog Racial Traits
Abilities: +2 str, -2 dex, +2 Con, -2 int, -2 cha
Size Medium
Type: Monstrous humanoid
Movement Rate: 30ft
Darkvision: 60ft
Hexapod: Drundar dogs may bend over and use their extra arms as legs and double their base speed and carrying capacity.
Six-Limbed: Drundar Dogs are born with four arms, and because of this they gain certain bonuses.
Multiweapon Fighting: Drundar dogs qualify for the Multiweapon fighting feat and its upgrades.
Two-Weapon Fighting: Drundar dogs may wield 2 two-handed weapons, or 2 oversized one-handed weapons one size larger. They must use two hands for each weapon. This does not give them 1.5 strength bonus if using oversized weapons.
Two-Handed weapons: Drundar dogs may wield an oversized two handed weapon with four hands, again this only allows x1.5 strength not x3.
Sheilds: Drundar dogs may use a shield one size larger if they use two hands two wield it. they may only use one shield at a time unless specified otherwise
Spare arms: Drundar dogs do not benefit from not using their spare arms.

Languages: Common
Favored Class: Barbarian
LA:+1

Beastial is a “language” that is known to all animals and beasts. Nature based classed can choose Beastial as one of their languages, although they will be unable to "speak" it just understand it. it is comprised of a combination of grunts snarls, body language, and pheromones. Beastial is not a complex language and as such cannot convey complex ideas. Beastial has no written form ans as such they are illiterate.

inuyasha
2014-02-24, 09:48 AM
Drundar Dog
Drundar Dog Racial Traits
Abilities: +2 str, -2 dex, +2 Con, -2 int, -2 cha
Size Medium
Type: Monstrous humanoid
Movement Rate: 30ft
Darkvision: 60ft
Hexapod: Drundar dogs may bend over and use their extra arms as legs and double their base speed and carrying capacity.
Six-Limbed: Drundar Dogs are born with four arms.
Languages: Beastial
Favored Class: Barbarian
LA:0

While I like the concept, I think it's a little weird, with this race you seem to have added a complete new language that is actually at first glance powerful, because it is known to all animals, druids, and rangers, meaning that they can communicate without speak to animals (or whatever the spell is, im afb at the moment). And then there's the fact that they have 6 limbs, how does this interact with shield holding, spellcasting, weapon wielding (2 two handed weapons?), climbing, number of attacks?

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-24, 10:12 AM
While I like the concept, I think it's a little weird, with this race you seem to have added a complete new language that is actually at first glance powerful, because it is known to all animals, druids, and rangers, meaning that they can communicate without speak to animals (or whatever the spell is, im afb at the moment).

its not mean to convey complex stuff just basics. and non beasts can't "speak" it just understand it

And then there's the fact that they have 6 limbs, how does this interact with shield holding, spellcasting, weapon wielding (2 two handed weapons?), climbing, number of attacks?

yeah i thought that would be a problem but i wasn't sure on how to write all that down.

Domriso
2014-02-24, 11:25 AM
I do believe there are already rules in place for possessing more than two arms. I know that the Marilith demon has four arms, as does the Girallion, and the Multiweapon Fighting feat chain exists.

A quick Googling brought this (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?198193-multi-armed-yeah) up, which I think adequately explains it.

Debihuman
2014-02-24, 11:46 AM
I am not a big fan of creating more languages except racial languages. Animals and Magical Beasts with Int of 2 or less probably aren't good conversationalists and I'm not a fan of it overshadowing the speak with animals spell.

Besides, if "drundar dogs have no use for words and as such no use for names," why do they talk at all?

BTW, it's "girallon." see here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/girallon.htm

Debby

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-24, 12:15 PM
I am not a big fan of creating more languages except racial languages. Animals and Magical Beasts with Int of 2 or less probably aren't good conversationalists and I'm not a fan of it overshadowing the speak with animals spell.

Besides, if "drundar dogs have no use for words and as such no use for names," why do they talk at all?

BTW, it's "girallon." see here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/girallon.htm

Debby

Its not mean to really be a language. I just needed some way for them to communicate as they cant speak very well. Beastial is more of how wolves and other animal are able to convey intent with out the need for speech.

Debihuman
2014-02-24, 12:44 PM
If a creature cannot speak, that doesn't mean it can't understand a language.

Debby

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-24, 01:13 PM
If a creature cannot speak, that doesn't mean it can't understand a language.

Debby

BRAINBLAST!