PDA

View Full Version : Smashy Smasher!!!

Mr Pants
2007-01-30, 09:12 PM
SMASHY SMASHER!!!!

Requirements
BAB: +5
Skills: Intimidate 2 ranks, Survival 2 ranks
Feats:Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Weapons Focus (any bludgeoning weapon)
Special: Rage or Frenzy Ability

Hit Die: d12
The SMASHY SMASHER!!
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Smashing Frenzy 1/day; Weapon Specialization (any bludgeoning weapon); Smashy Skills
2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Trait

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Smashing Technique; Smashing Frenzy 2/day
4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Trait; DR 1/Bludgeoning
5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Smashing Technique

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Trait; Smashing Frenzy 3/day

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Smashing Technique

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Trait; DR 2/Bludgeoning
9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Smashing Technique; Smashing Frenzy 4/day

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|SMASHY SMASHY![/table]

Class Skills: Craft (mace implements) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Perform (Weapon Drill) (Cha), Profession (Smasher) (Int), Survival (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha)
Skill Points Each Level: 4+int

Class Features

Weapon and armor proficiency: the smashy smasher gains no proficiencies in weapons or armor

Smashing Frenzy (Ex): enter a smashing frenzy doubling the critical strike range of your bludgeoning weapons and increasing will saves by 2 but -2 to armor class. The duration is 4 +con, this ability stacks with rages

Smashy Skills (Ex): you can add your str modifier to disable device, and profession (Smasher) and Use Magic Device checks; in addition Your effective Fighter level is equal to your Fighter Class levels + Any levels of this Prestige Class -2, but only for meeting the Prerequisites of Feats that deal with your chosen weapon.

Traits (Su): at 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th levels the smashy smasher can choose one of the following traits to apply to their weapon of choice:

Ferocious – when you rage with your weapon you gain an additional 2 str and 2 con
Heavy – your weapon is heavy, it gains a +2 bonus on damage rolls
Precise – you have gained intense skill with your weapon giving you a +1 bonus on attack rolls
Intimidating – while your weapon is drawn you gain a +4 on intimidate checks
Superior – your weapon is superior to others and gains a +2 bonus on damage rolls when sundering another weapon
Spiked – this trait gives your weapon spikes, making the damage type bludgeoning and piercing.
Lucky – once per day you may reroll a failed attack roll
Oversized – your weapon is bigger than most and is treated as if one size category larger
Impervious – your weapon gains an additional 40hp
Fiery – your weapon glows with fire and in frenzies causes an additional 1d4 of fire damage (cannot be taken in addition to icy)
Icy – your weapon is sheathed in cold and in frenzies causes and additional 1d4 of cold damage (cannot be taken in addition to fiery)
Shocking – your weapon crackles with electricity and in frenzies causes and additional 1d4 of shock damage
Holy – your weapon glows with a bright light and in frenzies causes and additional 1d4 of holy damage (cannot be taken in addition to unholy)
Unholy – your weapon has a black shroud around it and in frenzies causes and additional 1d4 of unholy damage (cannot be taken in addition to holy)
Defending – you have developed exceptional defensive skills with your weapon and gain a +2 deflective bonus to armor class

Smashing Technique (Ex): at 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th levels the smashy smasher may choose one of the following techniques to learn; the smashy smasher must be in a rage or smashing frenzy to use these abilities:

Mad Rush – after charging you may use your full attack
Whirlwind – this technique acts just as the feat of the same name
STUNNING SMASHY!! – you may attempt to stun an opponent doing half weapon damage and stunning them if they fail a fortitude save; DC is 10 + half your smashy smasher level + str
I SMASH YOU TOO!! – your attacks have a wide range and once per day may strike adjacent opponents as well as your main target
EARTH NEED SMASHY!! – once per day you may strike the ground causing everyone in a str*5ft radius of you to fall if they fail a reflex save; DC is 10 + half your smashy smasher level + str
REALLY BIG SMASHY SMASH SMASHER!! – once per day in one full round action the smashy smasher grows one size category larger, in the next full round action the smashy smasher dashes to everyone in a str*3ft radius around him and uses their standard attack
SMASH YOUR FACE!! – you may choose to take a -5 on an attack roll to instantly get a critical strike against an opponent
I SMASH YOUR NOSE!! – you may choose to take a -10 on an attack roll to cause 2 con damage and they must succeed a fortitude save (DC is 10 + your smashy smasher level) or be stunned for 1 round
SMASH YOU LOTS!! – this technique is just like the “flurry of blows” monk ability; you use your smashy smasher levels as monk levels for the purpose of determining the attack and damage of this ability
SMASH YOU AWAY!! - on a successful attack the smashy smasher may make a bull rush attempt as a free action, however he must make a reflex save (DC = 10+ the smasher's str mod) or fall prone. If the smasher succeeds the bull rush attempt he does not have to move.

SMASHY SMASHY!! (Ex) – at 10th level the smashy smasher has gained extreme use with his weapons and has learned to maximize his damage output. With this ability the smashy smasher now adds 1.5*str for main hand damage, 1*str for off hand damage, or 2*str for using a weapon in 2 hands

Peregrine
2007-01-31, 12:37 AM
Why Profession (smasher)? So that characters can earn some money on the side by making Profession checks?

"Oh, Mr Smasher, my Fluffy is stuck up this tree..."
"Stand back, ma'am, I'll take care of GRAAAAAAAAARGH--"
*SMASH* *CRUNCH* ""Mreeeeeowwww!!" *catch*
"Oh thank you Mr Smasher, thank you so much... here, some silver pieces for your trouble..."
"Well thank you, ma'am, it was no trouble at all... now if you'll excuse me, I have a blocked drain to clear..."

*ahem*

Anyway... I was a little surprised not to see Improved Sunder or any reference to sundering in here.

I do however love that Use Magic Device is on the Smashy Skills list. :smallbiggrin:

mabriss lethe
2007-01-31, 01:10 AM
I do however love that Use Magic Device is on the Smashy Skills list. :smallbiggrin:

I've always call that..ahem.. "percussive maintainence"

Icewalker
2007-01-31, 03:11 AM
hehe, I like it. Why exotic weapon proficiency (bludgeoning wep) as a prerequisite? Why can't it be some other non-exotic bludgeoning weapon?

Also, for the spikes ability, does it allow them to wield spiked weapons, or does any weapon of that type they pick up suddenly grow spikes?

I'd say, other than that, it may even be a teensy bit underpowered, but I'm not the best judge of that.

Mr Pants
2007-01-31, 02:38 PM
Why Profession (smasher)? So that characters can earn some money on the side by making Profession checks?

"Oh, Mr Smasher, my Fluffy is stuck up this tree..."
"Stand back, ma'am, I'll take care of GRAAAAAAAAARGH--"
*SMASH* *CRUNCH* ""Mreeeeeowwww!!" *catch*
"Oh thank you Mr Smasher, thank you so much... here, some silver pieces for your trouble..."
"Well thank you, ma'am, it was no trouble at all... now if you'll excuse me, I have a blocked drain to clear..."

Thats the idea!

Anyway... I was a little surprised not to see Improved Sunder or any reference to sundering in here.

I can't believe I did not think of sunders. I'll think of some things to add.

Hit it 'til it works!

to answer Icewalker's questions:
I added EWP because i was running out of ideas for prereqs, I think improved sunder would make a nice replacement though

The spiked trait does cause spikes to grow out of your hammer/mace. I guess I could add something about switching to another weapon and still have the traits. Maybe you'd have to spend an hour or so transferring the traits to the new weapon. That way the change would not happen instantly and just cause spikes to grow from any mace the smasher holds.

Peregrine
2007-01-31, 04:02 PM
The spiked trait does cause spikes to grow out of your hammer/mace. I guess I could add something about switching to another weapon and still have the traits. Maybe you'd have to spend an hour or so transferring the traits to the new weapon. That way the change would not happen instantly and just cause spikes to grow from any mace the smasher holds.

I might suggest taking a leaf out of the mages' book here. Your 'spell target' is the weapon. Your 'material component' is a handy supply of stout nails. Your 'focus' is any hard surface. Your 'casting time' is ten minutes or so. And lo, through the magic of SMASHY, many spikes sprout from your weapon, rather like nails embedded in it by force... :smallbiggrin:

The downside is that this becomes a permanent feature of the weapon, so overall it feels less like a special power of the class. Oh well.

Roderick_BR
2007-01-31, 04:33 PM
I like it :) I have a friend that would love it XD

Can you stack Rage, Frenzy and Smashing Frenzy? hehehehe....

Hmm... a new Technique: Smash you away. When you hit the opponent, you can perform a Bull Rush. Your opponent is thrown back and must roll a Reflex save to don't fall prone. You don't move even if you win the Str check.

Mr Pants
2007-01-31, 04:39 PM
Glad you like it!
I'm not sure if frenzy and rage stack; have to check that, but smashing frenzy stacks with rage and the FB Frenzy
And i like the technique, the more options the better!

Mr Pants
2007-02-01, 09:35 PM
Seriously guys, is this class balenced? Does it need more smashing?

and sorry for the double post