PDA

View Full Version : Help with bull-rushing tank build?

Jergmo
2014-02-24, 12:54 PM
Hello, fellow Playgrounders. I'm working on a bit of an unorthodox build for a tank, which includes bull rushing. There have been two sessions so far, and this has actually saved a companion and two NPCs so far with my ability to control the battlefield by putting enemies where I want them.

However, I'm having difficulty sorting out how exactly I want this character to be built, or what some of my options are, and I was wondering if I could get any tips.

The character is a Fighter/Barbarian, 2nd level, and has a flaw, Implacable. He also has the defense bonus variant, and the following attributes:

Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8

AC: 19 (+1 Dex, +6 defense bonus, +2 heavy steel shield)

Present feats: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Pushback

I know he is going to be a dungeon crasher, and I'm looking into Combat Brute and Shock Trooper for directed bull rushes into walls and Combat Brute tactics with Pushback. Am I missing any of the potential options bull rush gives me?

Books allowed: PHB, PHBII, Complete Series, Dungeonscape, Cityscape, Miniatures Handbook

shylocke
2014-02-24, 01:01 PM
What race? Take knockdown and large and in charge( if a large character) war hulk is a good PRC for that. In miniature handbook if its allowed.

Jergmo
2014-02-24, 01:05 PM
He's human.

I forgot to mention Miniatures Handbook is allowed, given that that's where I got Pushback.

Also, I was looking at the tripping that Combat Brute would allow me to do, but without 13 Int he can't take Improved Trip.

shylocke
2014-02-24, 01:11 PM
There is an feat that let's you turn when you charge. Can't remember the name. Take it. Also bullrush is awesome. My halfork monk and my friends dwarf monk ended a campaign by pushing the Ork warchief off a cliff in the second round of the encounter. Other works fled, war ended and the DM was pissed. Some players were supposed to die.

Yorrin
2014-02-24, 01:16 PM
Also, I was looking at the tripping that Combat Brute would allow me to do, but without 13 Int he can't take Improved Trip.

Wolf Totem Barbarian, if it's allowed, solves that problem. It's in UA or the SRD, iirc.

Jergmo
2014-02-24, 01:24 PM
There is an feat that let's you turn when you charge. Can't remember the name. Take it. Also bullrush is awesome. My halfork monk and my friends dwarf monk ended a campaign by pushing the Ork warchief off a cliff in the second round of the encounter. Other works fled, war ended and the DM was pissed. Some players were supposed to die.

It looks like I found it: the Twisted Charge skill trick, in Complete Scoundrel?

Ellowryn
2014-02-24, 01:24 PM
You can also look at Cometary Collision, not the best feat but would help with your battlefield control. And those limits on the books sucks, cause the Wolf Berserker feat would solve your INT problem for taking Improved Trip. See if you can convince/beg/coerce your DM into taking it.

Jergmo
2014-02-24, 01:36 PM
Thank you guys for your help!