PDA

View Full Version : Baelnorn turned evil

Starchild7309
2014-02-24, 01:41 PM
Ok so here is the premise. With the help of a deity a baelnorn is captured by a powerful demon of the abyss and kept for thousands of year. Is it possible that over the many years the baelnorn could become mad, twisted, and evil. If that is possible, then how would it change? Would it just have the standard lich template or would it be something more since it was a creature of extreme good perverted by evil?

I have honestly no idea how it would work, but would love to hear all your opinions. Baelnorn can be found on pgs 90 of monsters of faerun.

Zaydos
2014-02-24, 02:12 PM
I'd say it's entirely up to the DM, but personally would change their turn undead to rebuke undead and either leave them alone. Maybe give them some neat new demonic powers if you can think of some.

Diarmuid
2014-02-24, 02:21 PM
Wouldnt they just become a normal lich at that point?

Starchild7309
2014-02-24, 03:08 PM
Wouldnt they just become a normal lich at that point?

They could be, but he would have had other abilities that lich does not have as a baelnorn. Also as a lich he would have some abilities the baelnorn did not.

hamishspence
2014-02-24, 03:10 PM
I'd go with "keep their basic powers the same".

Angels have fallen, and become Evil - without transforming into fiends. The head of the cult of Sertruous, in Elder Evils, was of this type - and retained their angelic spell-like abilities.

Maybe the same should apply to fallen Baelnorns, Archliches, etc.