PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's reaction?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-01-30, 10:05 PM
So what kind of reaction is the belkstar going to have to Miko's defrocking? I mean, are we talking joygasm here or what?

It might be funny if belkar makes a remark about having to go change his underwear after seeing that, and/or wanting a cigarette. Maybe he could leer and wink at miko and ask if it was good for her too?

I think that this might replace the time thry broke into xykon's HQ as the happiest day of belkar's life.:belkar:

donkyhotay
2007-01-30, 10:17 PM
I think he's going to be disappointed that he wasn't the reason she fell.

Lord Zentei
2007-01-30, 10:19 PM
I think we will see in a few hours. :smalltongue:

Jewel Thief
2007-01-30, 10:24 PM
Maybe clever triad where he basically disintegrates any remaining dignity in Miko's person. Something like with Yokyok (the son of Yikyik, right?).

Serenity
2007-01-30, 10:24 PM
He was the reason she fell! She was set on her path to falling by her battle with Belkar during the trial, and being prevented from smiting him. He may be a foul little psychopath, but I think he can recognize his hand in this mess...

auron_the_awesome
2007-01-30, 10:48 PM
I LOVE Belkar, and I dearly hope he got as much enjoyment from watching Miko fall as I did. >:D

Can't wait for the next strip!

Justinian
2007-01-30, 11:07 PM
My money's on angry that he didn't directly cause the fall.

Igan
2007-01-30, 11:12 PM
Actually...I'm wondering if he'll be ticked over Shojo's death. Belkar was unwilling to see Elan killed on the basis of "I want the XP, and he makes me laugh." Shojo's approach to his paladins has definitely earned Belkar's amusement...
I think Belkar might actually be hurt by the death of something! *GASP*
I will now pause for the collective denial.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-30, 11:16 PM
I do believe he is going to have a nervous breakdown, curl up in a ball in the corner sobbing, "Why couldn't I have thought of this, why?"
Actually,I get this strange feeling he's actually going to feel sorry for her.

TheNovak
2007-01-30, 11:18 PM
Two words:

Happy dance.

Jake
2007-01-30, 11:53 PM
I guess this means that the horse formerly belonging to Miko is safe from Belkar's oracle-forseen killing.

Black Mage
2007-01-31, 12:09 AM
Two words:

Happy dance.

Yes, the almighty happy dance.

I think that he will be happy about Miko's fall...but not about how it happened, the death of Shojo.

:belkar:

Kayura
2007-01-31, 12:16 AM
I see Belkar wiping a tear from his eye just before he starts laughing hysterically.

Trobby
2007-01-31, 12:27 AM
I think he's going to be disappointed that he wasn't the reason she fell.

Ah, but he WAS the reason she fell, in an roundabout way. Because Shojo asked his opinion on the state of affairs, and she didn't "Detect Sarcasm".

In all seriousness though, Belkar will be pissed. Shojo made him laugh, and with him gone some stuffshirt's gonna take his place.

Jewel Thief
2007-01-31, 12:36 AM
I don't think after this Miko will be killed by Belkar, unless she's a Blackguard and still hunting the Order. Windstriker's safe in the celestial realms and the Oracle is safe far, far away. Which means Belkar will kill either V or Roy.

NOOOOO!!!!!

Professor Tanhauser
2007-01-31, 12:54 AM
I could just see Balkar saying something like "What does paladinhood have in common with virginity?

Easy to lose, impossible to get back!"

onikun86
2007-01-31, 01:55 AM
I think that this might replace the time thry broke into xykon's HQ as the happiest day of belkar's life.:belkar:

This is easily a second or third best day of his life. Why third? An entire army that he will be allowed to kill will be coming right outside Azure city within 10 strips. If one room of goblins (and slightly stabable undead) was enough for his best, wait for the army.

I dunno if he will spend the next strip cracking jokes at Miko or mourning the loss of Shojo. Shojo is old, and may not be resurectable. Yeah... mourn... Belkar liked Shojo. Well... we shall see.

Igan
2007-01-31, 07:50 PM
OH!
Vindicated!
*slamdances*
Belkar's ticked about Shojo's death! I was right!

And, what's more, Miko's trying to pin the blame on her fall on Roy! I was right twice in one strip!

*cackles madly*

*still cackling*

Ahem, sorry about that. >.>;

Demented
2007-01-31, 07:53 PM
Go go collective mind of the playground forums!

TinSoldier
2007-01-31, 08:38 PM
I hope Belkar's next reaction is "Ack! I'm dead X_X"

Demented
2007-01-31, 09:13 PM
I want to save that reaction for much later in the comic. Preferably when it involves a falling piano and almost exactly the same time Durkon finds 5000gp worth of diamonds.

Puck
2007-01-31, 09:32 PM
I was right. He first reaction was to be pissed off because she killed Shojo.

You may acknowledge this, if you wish, TS.

:D

TinSoldier
2007-01-31, 09:33 PM
*Bows to Puck's obviously superior and un-blinded by paladin love precognitive abilities*

Anyway, I still look forward to "halfling on a stick" even if I don't believe that it will happen.

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-31, 09:51 PM
I was right. He first reaction was to be pissed off because she killed Shojo.

You may acknowledge this, if you wish, TS.

:D

ALL HAIL FUTURE SEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl_Rose
2007-01-31, 09:57 PM
Oh god - I hope Belkar doesn't fulfill that prophecy of killing Miko.