PDA

View Full Version : Great organic stat rolls, looking for Munchkin build!

Tindragon
2014-02-24, 04:59 PM
So, got some great rolls on organic rolling (5d6 drop 2 lowest method)

I know right?

I have been looking at DMM Persist (quick?) cleric for front line tankage, Or, some Barb build for same thing without all the spells?

I mean these are just too good to let me waste on something silly.

I lean toward Human, or Dwarf personally. Don't think Warforged will be available,(I always liked those as an arcane or pally) it may be some time before I get a chance to use it.

Pretty sure it'l end up in a non stock deity campaign, so I could likely go with the devotion cleric
If a cleric is not devoted to a particular deity, he still selects two domains to represent his spiritual inclinations and abilities. The restriction on alignment domains still applies. Which opens up the domains at 1st level...

Anyway, thoughts or point me to a pre optimized thread build that isn't closed!

Edit: Should be able to access anything Core 3.5 WotC book. Likely no Dragon Mag, or off splat material. Nightsticks, mmmmmaybe..... 1, but will likely have to craft myself.

Zweisteine
2014-02-24, 05:01 PM
Play a highly-optimized monk!

No, I'm dead serious.

Find a class known for being MAD (multi-ability dependent), and use it. The chance to make the monk shine isn't common, and this is it. Find something people rarely use because no point buy fits it, and use it.

Rubik
2014-02-24, 05:04 PM
Play a highly-optimized monk!

No, I'm dead serious.

Find a class known for being MAD (multi-ability dependent), and use it. The chance to make the monk shine isn't common, and this is it. Find something people rarely use because no point buy fits it, and use it.Only if you optimize the hell out of it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863)

If you want something effective, go with a T3 class or above, just like with anything else. A psywar build would work nicely, for instance, since you can afford decent stats in Str, Con, Wis, and even Dex and Int. They have a nice buff list and can access powers from other lists to round them out easily enough, and you can do some really nutzy things with them if you really want to. I've got suggestions if you want them, but make sure you hit up the psywar handbooks first.

Hell, use Tashalatora and combine both monk AND psywar.

Tindragon
2014-02-24, 05:06 PM
That was my 1st thought, but really, I don't know if I can get a Warforged Monk in. DM in question has homebrew from 30 years ago (been through AD&D 1e to 3.5, he skipped 2e/Skills and powers). I'd do a monk if I could go WF, and find a Battlefist Battlefist.
{attached wf component}
This +1 weapon resembles a massively oversized spiked gauntlet; one designed for a Medium warforged looks like a gauntlet designed for an ogre. It attaches to the arm of a warforged, completely covering the hand. This component only operates when attached and locked in place.
A battlefist increases the damage dealt by the character’s natural slam attack to 1d8 points of bludgeoning and piercing damage (assuming a Medium character). Versions with higher enhancement bonuses are not uncommon.
A warforged monk who uses a battlefist deals increased unarmed damage as though the character were one size larger than actual, and he can add the battle fist’s enhancement bonus to his unarmed attack and damage rolls.
Faint transmutation;*CL 3rd;*Craft Magic Arms and Armor,*bull’s strength;
Price*2,600 gp;*Weight*6*lb.
Source:*Eberron Campaign Setting
to enhance along the way

Rubik
2014-02-24, 05:11 PM
That was my 1st thought, but really, I don't know if I can get a Warforged Monk in. DM in question has homebrew from 30 years ago (been through AD&D 1e to 3.5, he skipped 2e/Skills and powers). I'd do a monk if I could go WF, and find a Battlefist along the wayPsychic warriors can create those, using the psionic equivalent power (Animal Affinity) and item creation feat (Craft Psionic Arms & Armors) according to the MIC.