PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sneak damage?

crazedloon
2007-01-30, 11:18 PM
sorry for the question its just my DM and I can not find what the exact answer for how much sneak damage is dealt if more then 1 weapon is used in one attack.

The situation is a ninja/master thrower (complete warrior) uses palm throw to throw 2 weapons (doesn’t really matter as long as they are light) and the ninja would deal sneak attack damage (sudden strike damage in the case of a ninja) would the extra damage be applied to each of the 2 weapons thrown in the single attack or only 1 weapon in the attack.

thank you for the help

iceman
2007-01-30, 11:25 PM
In that case I believe only one of the weapons would deal sneak attack damage. That is of course if I am correct in thinking that you are making only one attack roll for both weapons. If they are seperate attack rolls I'm not entirely sure but I believe that in that case you would receive sneak attack for both.

Indon
2007-01-30, 11:37 PM
You're throwing two weapons at once? I'm not sure you can sneak attack either. Can you sneak attack manyshot?

I'd treat this ability like I would manyshot, in any case.

Dhavaer
2007-01-30, 11:38 PM
Can you sneak attack manyshot?

Manyshot no, Improved Manyshot yes.

Indon
2007-01-30, 11:46 PM
Hmm. But is there an 'improved' version of the throwing ability in question?

oriong
2007-01-30, 11:59 PM
One of the big differences between improved manyshot and manyshot is that improved manyshot allows two seperate attack rolls, manyshot uses a single roll.

JaronK
2007-01-31, 12:00 AM
As per the errata, Palm Throw is considered a Volley attack, and thus you can only sneak attack with one of the weapons, not both.

Two with One Blow, however, can sneak attack twice.

JaronK

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-01-31, 12:42 AM
Manyshot no, Improved Manyshot yes.
You can sneak attack on regular Manyshot. It's just that the sneak attack damage applies only once.

Scipio
2007-01-31, 02:27 PM
One of the big differences between improved manyshot and manyshot is that improved manyshot allows two seperate attack rolls, manyshot uses a single roll.

You are thinking of Greater Manyshot (Complete Psionic) not Improved Manyshot (Epic Level Handbook). Improved Manyshot is a crap feat. Greater Manyshot rules for sneak attackers.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-31, 02:30 PM
The basic rule is thus: you can get your sneak attack damage once per attack roll.

Hyfigh
2007-01-31, 02:38 PM
Sneak attack damage will apply to one of the weapons when using Palm Throw. It's not listed in the book but I believe it is in the errata.

Manyshot is the same way. Greater Manyshot will allow for all of the projectiles to have the prescision damage applied.