PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for Belker to fall for what may be the new Miko?

sethdarkwater
2007-01-30, 11:30 PM
Well is it.

TheNovak
2007-01-30, 11:32 PM
I think it'd take a significant amount of effort to flip the switch from "Hate" to "Lust," but sure.

I dunno about really "falling" for her, though. Chaotic Evil halfling ranger/barbarians don't really go in for the mushy stuff.

Solara
2007-01-30, 11:34 PM
I think he's going to hate her more than ever now. He genuinely liked Shojo, IMO.

onikun86
2007-01-30, 11:38 PM
May I turn everyone's heads to comic 206 for a minute?
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0206.html (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/../comics/oots0206.html)
Read Belkar's lines.

Aiani
2007-01-30, 11:38 PM
Honestly I have to see if Miko behaves differently before I could really give an opinion on that. Still I voted no just because it seems unlikely for some reason.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-30, 11:46 PM
"Shun the non-believers! Shunnnn..." A Unicorn on a Quest to Candy Mountain.

Planewalker
2007-01-30, 11:49 PM
In some sick, twisted, and utterly Belkar way, maybe.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-30, 11:51 PM
Yes, as we saw the switch was apparently flipped for V with one event (hir saving Belkar from Miko). Anyway, it has to happen because once he falls in love with her, she will be so sickened, even as an evil person, that she will kill herself, thus fulfilling Belkar's prophecy

sethdarkwater
2007-01-30, 11:52 PM
This polls only up for 4 days, but what the Giant decides is permanent, at least untill the end of the story arc.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-30, 11:54 PM
Yes, as we saw the switch was apparently flipped for V with one event (hir saving Belkar from Miko). Anyway, it has to happen because once he falls in love with her, she will be so sickened, even as an evil person, that she will kill herself, thus fulfilling Belkar's prophecy

Maybe it will be her killing Shojo in such an evil manner that will make Belker switch to lust.

Demented
2007-01-31, 12:08 AM
Oh, it's possible....
Then again, Belkar could just be leading us on in an effort to annoy/torture Miko.

archon_huskie
2007-01-31, 12:11 AM
See my sig.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 12:17 AM
Oh, it's possible....
Then again, Belkar could just be leading us on in an effort to annoy/torture Miko.

Either way works for me. Because then Miko would be evn more pissed after having been played for a fool.

Demented
2007-01-31, 12:35 AM
Hey! You said nothing about Miko reciprocating it!

...Don't you even dare make a poll of it.
(Even if it would be one of the few unique polls on the board.)

Jewel Thief
2007-01-31, 12:43 AM
Ha ha! Just reading the title made me laugh. I never considered Belkar maybe being attracted to Miko now that she's fallen, but that'd be funny. Slide her over into the lust slot now, eh?

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 01:10 AM
Hey! You said nothing about Miko reciprocating it!

...Don't you even dare make a poll of it.
(Even if it would be one of the few unique polls on the board.)

If you don't want someone to do somthing, ya usually don't tell them too. ANd yes I was considering it. Anywho I just made that comment to mess with peoples heads even further. "EXELLENT"

Krytha
2007-01-31, 01:22 AM
Technically, Belkar would do anything that made a sudden gesture in his presence...

The Extinguisher
2007-01-31, 01:31 AM
Please no. My brain can only handle a certain amount of rotting.

EdgarVerona
2007-01-31, 01:37 AM
If V's theories about Belkar's subconscious mind are valid, I hold that it's not only possible that he'll fall for Miko but extremely likely... if he hasn't already.

His line (again, if V is right) between love and hate is extremely thin, set off by the smallest of stimulus. Miko's self-righteous murderous fit may cross her over Belkar's fine, fine line.

I hope so. =)

Slash_712
2007-02-27, 05:20 PM
Okay, I think Belkar has a better chance of getting together with Miko now as she is no longer on Belkar's list of people to make fall from grace, I believe that she has now entered Belkar's lust region.

TARINunit9
2007-02-27, 06:44 PM
No across the board.

lonewolf23k
2007-02-27, 07:23 PM
I think it's very likely Miko and Belkar might end up having to fight together to fend off possible Hobgoblin/Zombie invaders if they make it into the dungeon..

...And you know what happens when a man and a woman who hate each other's guts are forced to cooperate to face a greater threat, right? :smallamused:

Copacetic
2007-02-27, 07:25 PM
WEll miko was praying in the last comic so mabye she gets redeemed.....

fwiffo
2007-02-27, 07:28 PM
I think it's very likely Miko and Belkar might end up having to fight together to fend off possible Hobgoblin/Zombie invaders if they make it into the dungeon..

...And you know what happens when a man and a woman who hate each other's guts are forced to cooperate to face a greater threat, right? :smallamused:

Oooh, I know that one. One of them dies and another one pees on the grave.

TARINunit9
2007-02-27, 07:37 PM

Oooh, I know that one. One of them dies and another one pees on the grave.

HA HA HA HA :smallbiggrin: ! YES!
Anyway, for a recap, Belkar completely hates Miko. there's no way Miko's headed for the lust list.

And for the last time! V was never even on the lust list! He kissed him/her because he was more drunk than normally possible! If we drank 20 pints of beer (the human equivelant to what Belkar drunk) we'd be DEAD. Point #2, read what Belkar said in comic 286.

Thanatos
2007-02-27, 07:45 PM
Lawful Neutral and Chaotic Evil aren't going to get along. Of his two alignment elements, Belkar favors the Chaotic part more than the Evil (thus he liked Shojo's crafty CG tricks), but Miko strongly favors Law over all (if she had put Good before Law, she wouldn't have fallen).

Besides, Belkar is selfish and mean, but not outright diabolic. He wanted her to fall as a way to pick on paladins, but he has nothing to gain from corrupting her further. It's not like he's going to love her without a major change in his own nature, so on the "lust" angle, he's already made his conquest as far as she's concerned. Leaving her neutral and deluded is probably more fun to him than convincing her to become willingly evil, because while she's in that null state, she has no divine power of either sort, yet she remains a discredit to paladins everywhere because she still thinks she is one.

Anyway, I dislike "shipping". Ships are vessels that move people and cargo... close social ties between people are relationships.

Thanatos
2007-02-27, 07:52 PM
WEll miko was praying in the last comic so mabye she gets redeemed.....First she has to humble herself enough to realize that she was wrong, and then she has to undergo an atonement quest which may very well get her killed (though she'd die in a state of grace). Currently, she's about as egotistical as Xykon, she just doesn't admit it.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-27, 07:53 PM
Since the poll is closed...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/LankyBugger3/Maternal.png<--My Opinion Here

ArchiviesTheQua
2007-02-27, 08:07 PM
I think he's going to hate her more than ever now. He genuinely liked Shojo, IMO.

I think that because she killed him, he's going to respect her more now, considering she seems like she's less afraid of murder, therefore being more evil. Besides, because the male characters think of her to be "hot," she's already on lust, assuming Vaarsuvius's theory is correct.

Seriously, she nearly kicked his ass before, except when V interfered. That has to be points in Belkars books.

All in all, they're probably going to have something of a relationship, probably just an affair, and then they'll hate each other.

But, in the end, I think that V is going to divorce hes (inspired from the 'hir' thing, thought that was cool!) mate for Belkar in the end.

But what do I know, its only my opinion.

Scorpina
2007-02-27, 08:07 PM
It's possible, but unlikely. I don't see how it would further the plot, or be particularly funny.

Tornek the Unhygenic
2007-02-27, 09:33 PM
Please! No Pictures! P.S. My answer is no

too late

yenober
2007-02-28, 09:46 PM
I don't think Belkar :belkar: could fall for Miko. I subscribe to the lust / hate school of Belkar. But he could very much be expected to make romantic gestures to Miko, as opposed to rude. After all...

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0249.html

Wouldn't that be a disturbing image to Miko. Very Belkar.

V Junior
2007-03-13, 02:28 PM
Ummm... To Rich, the boards seem to be GOD. So, in all liklyhood, we'll see A KISS. Ew.

And please, PILE ON THE PICS!

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-13, 04:36 PM
Well, belkar is like the ony member of the order (Asides from v) who hasn't gotten laid or made out in the entire strip. So maybe he might start getting the urge and, let's face it, despite her horrible personality Miko isn't hard on the eyes.

Drekkan
2007-03-13, 11:30 PM
See, here's the thing. Belkar seemed to actual like Shojo, particularly at the end. Think about it, he's a chaotic guy that basically used, manipulated, and pulled the wool over the eyes of a city full of goody-goody paladins.

He actually had some admiration for him, and then Miko killed him. I think there's no one quite so deeply roote in his "hate" list as Miko.

ArchiviesTheQua
2007-03-15, 03:44 PM
Well, belkar is like the ony member of the order (Asides from v) who hasn't gotten laid or made out in the entire strip. So maybe he might start getting the urge and, let's face it, despite her horrible personality Miko isn't hard on the eyes.

Remember:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0316.html
(5th row down, 2nd panel over or 2nd page, 1st row, 2nd panel)

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-15, 09:56 PM
Well, I'm not an expert on halfling...anaomy, but if they're close to human than a kiss doesn't count as "getting laid" even if tongues were involved. (BTW, anyone want to speculate on whether or not belkar frenched V? I'm not sure. On one hand I think belkar is the kind of go all the way guy who would go for tongues while kissing, OTOH I think if he had then V would have maybe tossed cookies or something instead of just looking stunned.)