PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Making a PC ghost

theoneorange
2014-02-24, 10:58 PM
I am planing on making a Ghost using the savage progression, and I am wondering a good way to go about doing this(feats,classes,etc....) We will be starting at level 2.

I would also like to note that I will be trying to go as long as possible without other PCs knowing that I am a ghost.

Nihilarian
2014-02-24, 11:11 PM
The Master of the Unseen Hand (Complete Warrior) is pretty fun. All you need is 8 ranks in concentration.

Doc_Maynot
2014-02-24, 11:15 PM
Ghostwalk (Which was updated to 3.5, woo!) has a plethora of feats and classes for you.

theoneorange
2014-02-24, 11:41 PM
Master of the Unseen Hand seems awesome, but I think I want my ghost to be focused on using malevolence. Are their cool tricks to increase the DC on it?

icefractal
2014-02-24, 11:46 PM
The "ghosts" in Ghostwalk are rather different from the normal Ghost though. They're not even undead.

Class-wise - well, not a caster, you lose too many levels. Rogue is an option - Sneak Attack works fine with whatever type of attack you're using. For the same reason, any ToB class could be good - maybe not Crusader, since you're not going to be a tank.

There are some tricks that are pretty nice:
* Lifesight + Flyby Attack + any standard-action attack: Hide inside the floor/walls, pop up to attack, sink back in.
* Telekinesis + damage boosters (Sneak Attack, Knowledge Devotion, whatever): Don't just double your fun, multiply it by 12.

Edit: Malevolence
Ability Focus adds two. Beyond that - just having a high Charisma is all I can think of.

OldTrees1
2014-02-24, 11:53 PM
Step 1 of playing a Ghost:
How will you survive opponents on the Ethereal plane?

Step 2 of playing a Ghost:
How will you survive if you are plane shifted from the Ethereal plane?

Nihilarian
2014-02-25, 12:09 AM
There is a Ghost Guide (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2658.0), by the way.

CyberThread
2014-02-25, 12:22 AM
There is a Ghost Guide (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2658.0), by the way.

Thanks for being such a casper :)