PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales Most Interesting Scenarios

Mr. Mask
2014-02-25, 03:37 AM
In games, there are so many interesting scenarios that can take place.

You could be a gladiator in an arena. You could be a dark lord managing your dungeon of monsters. You could be mercenaries, adventurers, explorers, tomb raiders, guards or police.

So, I'd like to ask what kind of scenarios are your favourites, the kind you find the most interesting?

I rather like scenarios where you get to be gangsters, particularly if there is turf you need to keep control of.

Rhynn
2014-02-25, 05:01 AM
Civil wars (particularly over succession), especially if the PCs have a stake in it (as vassals of a vassal, for instance, rather than as candidates).

NichG
2014-02-25, 09:45 AM
I tend to like heists (especially if they're more complex than 'blow up everything in the way and collect the prize from the rubble'). Also 'uncovering the mysteries of X' type things where you're trying to figure out what's going on/what went on long ago, and where the answers hint at more things one could do.

I'd like to like 'plotting right under the nose of authority' type scenarios - rebels in a dystopian city, prisoners plotting a jailbreak, etc. But I think they're much harder than the other two to pull off successfully, usually due to other players and not necessarily because its hard to GM. Someone usually spills the beans before the party has a chance to act, and then either the GM has to sort of forcibly ignore it/have an ally amidst the authority who covers for the PCs, or things fall apart.

Talos
2014-02-25, 10:47 AM
For me i like moral dilemma's, do i kill the innocent child to save the town or do i sacrifice the a clergyman to seal a portal to the underworld. in my worlds, i almost always try to twist the moralities of the party members based on their back grounds and classes. making the goodly aligned party look bad because of the pillar of the community is a bad guy. circumstantial evidence makes them look evil rather than the heroes.

Jay R
2014-02-25, 11:36 AM
Civil wars (particularly over succession), especially if the PCs have a stake in it (as vassals of a vassal, for instance, rather than as candidates).

Ideally, each character has a different stake in it.

Mrc.
2014-02-25, 11:58 AM
I have a reputation amongst my players of enforcing time limits. What this actually means is I have a timeline for each major NPC of what they will be doing at all times, including deviations depending on character interactions. Thus, the most interesting scenarios occur when several of these coincide. I'll try to think of a specific example.

GrayGriffin
2014-02-25, 12:42 PM
I like scenarios that tie into features I've chosen for my PC. As well as "boss" type battles where the GM can mess with the rules a little.

Fabletop
2014-02-25, 06:05 PM
The Three-Dimensions:

What is happening?
How can the PCs handle the event?
How can the PCs handle how the event impacts the surroundings?

It should never be about one thing. Make the players think in 3D, forcing deeper decisions focuses on the scene and their motivations.

Think 'Die Hard': MacClain can just shoot-up the terrorists, but what about Holly &
the hostages. No simple answers. Make them think!

Defiled Cross
2014-05-21, 08:57 AM
Commandeering a ship from an outlaw..

..only to have it destroyed during a storm..

..to awake on a strip of island inhabited by barbarians..

..who just happened to like the taste of us.

:smallbiggrin: