PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Acquiring a template during gameplay.

Crazion
2014-02-25, 11:11 AM
I am playing in a pathfinder game where the GM has stated the opportunity to become a werewolf will be given. I, however, am playing a wizard specializing in creating magic items and have gotten permission to craft a philactory and become a lich.

So having searched through the forums here and elsewhere, one of my questions has been answered, the CR +2 for a lich becomes my level cost for doing it. But (and this will apply for the werewolves too) if we are getting these templates after the stage when they would normally be reduced (level 6); do I use the reduced value of +1 or do I reduce it 3 levels after taking the template?

And how do I gain the abilities? Once the phylactory is made I am a lich so thematically using a savage class doesn't make too much sense. I suppose this isn't an issue if I use the reduced CR since I would just work out with the DM that I have been building the thing for a while and finish it as I gain a level.

Just some thoughts. For the werewolves I think the GM is planning to have them lose control during transformations until they "buy off" the template.

Cheers,
Craz