PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Trox Monk NPC

Ninjaxenomorph
2014-02-25, 01:14 PM
I've been working on an NPC in an upcoming campaign. He is a LG Trox slave; the Trox were an example of the more advanced builds with the Advanced Race Guide, but were included as an official race with Bestiary 4.

Some racial stuff for those who don't have access to either of those: Trox are Monstrous Humanoids, are Large (with 10 feet of natural reach), and have the Frenzy and Grabbing Appendages racial traits, in addition to a burrow speed. Their racial modifiers are +6 strength, and -2 to all mental stats. Frenzy is a 1/day lesser form of barbarian rage, and Grabbing Appendages give them Improved Grapple as a bonus feat, and allows them to maintain a grapple while using their other limbs.

As for his actual monk levels, that is what I was having trouble with. I know he has vows of Silence, Truth, and possibly Chains. Since he already has a pretty good advantage grappling, I was not looking at the Tetori archetype. I also want him to utilize Dragon Style; the extra damage is very attractive, as are the stunning fist options. I want something that lets him actually be effective at dealing damage during grappling. What suggestions does the Playground have?