2014-02-25, 01:28 PM
which, in people's opinion, would be better to have:

totemist6
or
totemist5/fistoftheforest1

and why? i'm trying to decide.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-25, 01:35 PM
It probably depends on how your DM rules on the "open chakra feats granting extra binds" thing. If you can get more binds through feats, you might go with Fist. If not, definitely take Totemist 6, since it'll give you a second (ie, non-totem) bind to play with.

Seerow
2014-02-25, 01:36 PM
Honestly if dipping one level I'd go for Barbarian, to pounce with all the various natural weapons you pick up. (Unless Totemist innately has an easy way to get this I forgot about). Admittedly Con to AC is nice, but Feral Trance can be matched by going with Ferocity Barbarian (and likely beat with Whirling Frenzy barbarian), and doesn't require you to light all of your early feats on fire to get into the prestige class.

Person_Man
2014-02-25, 01:36 PM
I personally prefer Totemist 2/Incarnate 4, for maximum flexibility. But between those two choices, I would choose Totemist 6. IIRC Fist of the Forrest requires Great Fortitude, Power Attack, and Improved Unarmed Strike. The first two are poor Feat choices for a Totemist. And you can purchase an AC bonus (the main draw of the FotF) many different ways.

Yogibear41
2014-02-25, 01:40 PM
Aye but it does stack with a monks belt for both wis and con to AC. What is your Con score?

Ahnkeg Breastplate still counts as armor according to the description, so it wouldn't work with a monks belt or a fist, in case that was your plane.

You would need mage armor somehow to get that uber awesome AC.

Mithril Breastplate or Full plate if you don't mid the speed lose are probably your best bet in the long run. You can afford to spend all your money on those since you don't have to worry about weapons, and alot of e6 games don't have the +2 items either, so you really don't have alot of things to buy.

Fax Celestis
2014-02-25, 02:13 PM
Unless Totemist innately has an easy way to get this I forgot about

Bind Sphinx Claws to arms for pounce with natural weapons.

Seerow
2014-02-25, 02:20 PM
Bind Sphinx Claws to arms for pounce with natural weapons.

At level 6 you don't really have a lot of binds to spare. But I guess that works.

Techwarrior
2014-02-25, 02:44 PM
At level 6 you don't really have a lot of binds to spare. But I guess that works.

Totemist at that level can bind their second bind to their Arms, Crown, or Feet or hands. The only other bind in those slots I can think if that competes with Pounce is the Shedu Crown to combine with Mindsight.