PDA

View Full Version : Making Ushemoi Vile

Tevesh
2014-02-25, 05:37 PM
Hello playground, I sort of feel back for asking for a lot of assistance in the last few days but I'm very close to finishing my campaign!

I really wanted to have a truly Book of Vile Darkness sort of Villains for the PCs to fight. One of the original examples was stealing an idea: Blackguard surrounded with children using a Reach Weapon, what a way to avoid any nasty Fireballs! In my search for truly bizarre enemies to fight for a fight involving a Master of Many Forms, I stumbled across MM5's Ushemoi.

They're a race that gets more powerful the more damage they sustain. They're cowards until they hit a euphoric point from the pain. The problem is that the game is high level so I'm afraid of PCs just going Nova on them. But that's where BoVD kicks in: they've got some S&M in their blood, take some damage prior to the fight and then get in there!

Here are our three lucky contestants that I hope to really make Vile with your help!

Ushemoi Hadrimoi, Cleric? HD 9 HP 9d8 DR 10/Slash/Pierce
AC 14 T 14 F 10
Init +4; Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6

Str +2
Dex +8
con +4
Int +2
Wis +2
Cha +0

Abilities
Speed from Pain - +2 AC, +1 Attack, Reflex, +10'/Hit
Perfect Symertry - If Full Attack with Light Wep, use Full BAB
Dagger Dance - If hit 3 times, gains Move Action

Feats
-
-
-
-

I'm going with all the nonassociated levels because it raises CR slower while upping the challenge. I haven't done any work on this enemy because I don't know how to make a Speedy Cleric, Evil Cleric and Vile Cleric, which this guy is aimed for.

I'm thinking Cloistered Cleric as his Int buff is the same as Wis. Knowledge Devotion and go to town. I really want to use Corrupt Spells, perhaps the one that gives +Dex or Str? Perhaps doe the +Str Spell on a buddy? I figure to immediately slap a Bind Vestige for Naberius.

Suggested builds or PrCs? The only thing I can think of is a Turn Undead Feat that causes damage to all living things and heals. Friends get hurt, they do better and this guy heals. Or better yet, give all his friends Tomb Tainted Soul and really power out the Negative Energy Burst.

Large Ushemoi Turlemoi, Hulking Hurler 3/War Hulk 3 HD 18 HP 12d8+3d10+3d12 DR 10/Slash/Pierce
AC 15 T 12 F 12
Init +3; Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +11

Str 28
Dex 17
Con 22
Int 6
Wis 16
Cha 4

Abilities
Rising Courage - Immune to Mind after 3 hits
Strength from Pain - +1 Atk, +2 Dmg, +2 Nat AC/hit
Ranged Power Attack - May Apply PAtk
Meteor Strike - Double Strength Damage
Great Swing - Full Round Action to Attack 3
Mighty Rock Throwing - Use Strength instead of Dex

Feats
- PBS
- PAtk 12
- WepFoc Rock
- Cleave
-
-
b Catch Arrows
b Really Throw Anything
-

This friendly fellow seems to be a natural fit for the Master Thrower PrC. Perhaps jig him into throwing at multiple people, so he picks up a small brick house and tosses it at the PCs, having up to 6 hit (one extra plus 3 per hit). Is there a decent Evil Throw PrC?

The other thing is take a level in Rogue for Craven. With about 4 more nonassociated levels left for the CR I want, that's +22 to damage on a mere d6. I would go with Bloodstorm Blade if I allowed ToB in my game but I don't.

The other thought is maybe Mineral Warrior for a random +1 CR but I think I can do more with 2 nonassociated.

Ushemoi Arkamoi, Fighter 2/Spelldancer 1/Swiftblade 10/ HD 17 HP 4d8+2d10+10d6 DR 5/Slash/Pierce
AC 16 T 14 F 12 SR 27
Init +4; Fort +10 Ref +14 Will +15

Eldritch Blast +11 (Xd6)

Str 8
Dex 18
Con 18
Int 14
Wis 14
Cha 21

Abilities
Strength from Magic - Each cast gives +2 Dam, +2 Deflection
Advice - Give +2 to d20

Spells

Feats
- Combat Casting
- Dodge
- Endurance
b Mobility
b
-
-
-

Skill HD+3 Concentration +X Dance +X Tumble +X Spellcraft +X

I got the original idea for this guy from this thread:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7010.0

Use Time Stop to fill up Ocular Spell Combos, Swiftblade turns Hastes into Time Stops. I don't quite know the exact combo, but it sounds abusive to be able to unleash two spells as Full Round Action through Ocular and perhaps one Swift through Arcane Spellsurge. Double Greater Arcane Fusions with a Arcane Fusion sounds disgusting.

I've got a few more levels to go, to continue the abuse train I figure Incantrix but that's not what's important here. Spelldancer advancement possible for free Confuses and Sleeps, but mostly Metamagic manipulation.

The real question is how can I slap on a Vile PrC? Most of them lose too much casing and Swiftblade already wrecked that. This is why I'm going against the obvious A.Champ. Perhaps some feats like Fell Drain Twinned Magic Missiles? I've already done that trick so I'm hoping for something new.

Went Fighter 2 for additional Feats and to gain nonassociated CR. Dived into Sorcerer PrCs as they're listed as nonassociated from what I understand.

Any help is much appreciated!

Venger
2014-02-25, 11:49 PM
I am quite intrigued by what you've posted, but your structuring is a little confusing.

could you please clarify a list of exactly the questions you'd like answered? I'd be happy to help you, but I don't want to retread what you've already done.

Tevesh
2014-02-26, 01:14 PM
I completed my build of the Turlemoi, so I don't need help with its build. The only item I'm thinking of giving it is a use-activated "Vest of S&M" with Sadism and Masochism on him. In fact, perhaps all three can go with it.

My question is involving Cleric with PrCs and Sorcerer with PrCs. How can utilize the most 'evil' stuff? Skimming through Book of Vile Darkness, the PrCs seem really bad. I would like to utilize some spells and effects to show that these guys are truly vile.

My initial thoughts are: Sorcerer with Tainted Sorcerer PrC and Cleric with lots of Corruption (bind Naberius to counter the Corruption cost). The Sorcerer is going Swiftblade for extra actions and Time Stop to abuse Ocular Spell for some crazy novas (of what? I don't know!); reduce Metamagics for some stupid Fell Drain, etc. The Cleric I don't have a guide for besides I don't want it to be a Summoner as I've already done that trick.

So, what are the most evil PrCs, builds and feats that I can throw at my PCs?

Venger
2014-02-26, 02:04 PM
My question is involving Cleric with PrCs and Sorcerer with PrCs. How can utilize the most 'evil' stuff? Skimming through Book of Vile Darkness, the PrCs seem really bad. I would like to utilize some spells and effects to show that these guys are truly vile.
the prcs in bovd are indeed quite poor. check out some stuff in champions of ruin, exemplars of evil, and the fiendish codices. there's some cool [evil] spells there.

as far as PRCs go, most of the ones that are "lulz check out how evil I am" are rather poor. any PRC can be made evil though, it's all in how you fluff it. an evil archmage or hierophant (two pretty much fluff-free classes) can easily be fluffed to be quite vile.

check out the investiture spells in the fiendish codex 2. they're pretty neat.

you could focus on layering similar effects (such as ability damage, negative levels, or other penalties)

My initial thoughts are: Sorcerer with Tainted Sorcerer PrC and Cleric with lots of Corruption (bind Naberius to counter the Corruption cost). The Sorcerer is going Swiftblade for extra actions and Time Stop to abuse Ocular Spell for some crazy novas (of what? I don't know!); reduce Metamagics for some stupid Fell Drain, etc. The Cleric I don't have a guide for besides I don't want it to be a Summoner as I've already done that trick.

So, what are the most evil PrCs, builds and feats that I can throw at my PCs?

wow, tainted sorcerer is pretty scary. that swiftblade will really take down the competition. clerics can do a lot. do you want to focus on spellcasting?

Tevesh
2014-02-27, 12:23 PM
Since the majority of Clerics I've built for the PCs to fight have been buff-based monstrosities, a Spellslinging Cleric would be interesting. Though it would be nice to be able to take advantage of the full attack abilities of the Hadrimoi but not necessary. I guess Battletide for Free Action Spells would be a way around that. Divine Defiance is the only 'must have' Feat I can see.

A Spellslinging Sorcerer would be decent, especially since the Arkamoi would gain buffs from casting spells.

I guess I'm looking for powerful "switch-hitters". The two spellslingers cast until their "tank" dies and then they wade in.