PDA

View Full Version : Druid/Wizerd

animevacker1045
2014-02-25, 07:29 PM
Can any one help me with a build that can cast both wizard and druid 9th level spells level 20 at or or earlier without mystic theurge levels. :redface:

eggynack
2014-02-25, 07:33 PM
You're going to want something like a druid 3/wizard 3/mystic theurge 2/arcane hierophant 10/mystic theurge 2. That'll get you 9th's in both classes at level 20, and you can always toss on some classic early entry stuff if you want that faster. Arcane hierophant is from races of the wild, page 108, if you weren't aware.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-25, 07:36 PM
Can any one help me with a build that can cast both wizard and druid 9th level spells level 20 at or or earlier. :redface:
Wizard 1 (Precocious Apprentice)/Druid 3/Mystic Theurge 1/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge +5. You'll hit 9th level druid spells at 18th level, and 9th level wizard at 20th.

Osiris
2014-02-25, 07:38 PM
Wizard 1 (Precocious Apprentice)/Druid 3/Mystic Theurge 1/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge +5. You'll hit 9th level druid spells at 18th level, and 9th level wizard at 20th.

I'm pretty sure Precocious Apprentice can't do that. Check errata to find out.

eggynack
2014-02-25, 07:39 PM
Arcane hierophant has a BAB prerequisite of +4, so you'd probably need another couple of mystic theurge levels. Maybe something like wizard 1/druid 3/mystic theurge 4...

animevacker1045
2014-02-25, 08:16 PM
sorry edited my post. it was supposed to say to say without mystic theurge.:smallbiggrin:

Urpriest
2014-02-25, 08:18 PM
sorry edited my post. it was supposed to say to say without mystic theurge.:smallbiggrin:

Then you'd need either Legacy Champion advancing your Arcane Hierophant, or to somehow shoehorn Fochluchan Lyrist onto the build. Either way, you'd need lots of cheese, so this is a good time to ask how much cheese you're willing to have in this build.

Rubik
2014-02-25, 08:31 PM
Either convert-spell-to-power erudite 20 or Psion (or ardent or society mind or wilder) 17/illithid savant 3 to nab the CSTP erudite's spell and power learning ability. It's possible to learn any spell as an arcane spell if you know where to look -- in this case, an Eberron dragon sovereign archetype (Child of Eberron) allows one to learn druid spells as arcane spells from the dragon in question. You can also use other means to learn cleric spells and spells from other sources as well.

ddude987
2014-02-25, 08:40 PM

Nothing in the official complete arcane errata. On the faq it was said that trick does not work, however, the faq has no bearing on the rules or on RAW.

Snowbluff
2014-02-25, 08:47 PM

Mhm. I condone this. ArcHier is pretty sweet.

Also, the title should read "Drood/Wixerd." And yes, it is for fite.

animevacker1045
2014-02-25, 08:58 PM
The level of cheese is mostly irrelevant as long as its not mind flayer werewolf level ridiculous.

Rubik
2014-02-25, 09:08 PM
The level of cheese is mostly irrelevant as long as its not mind flayer werewolf level ridiculous.Werewolf is optional but recommended, but only if you've got Supernatural Transformation (Psionics).

Snowbluff
2014-02-25, 09:09 PM
The level of cheese is mostly irrelevant as long as its not mind flayer werewolf level ridiculous.

Skipping the 2 levels of Wizard, you are still spellcasting levels and feats behind a strict druid.

Urpriest
2014-02-25, 10:03 PM

...I have no idea what you mean by that.

Rubik
2014-02-25, 10:05 PM
...I have no idea what you mean by that.He may or may not be referring to this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17070340&postcount=10)

Kalaska'Agathas
2014-02-25, 10:37 PM
A Spellhoarding Steel Dragon Wyrmling Child of Eberron with 16 levels of some combination of Sorcerer (or Wizard, if your DM rules that this is the class which stacks with their native casting) and Full-Casting PrCs get's Sorc/Wiz and Druid 9s at level 20 (assuming LA buy off is in effect).

Edit: Alternatively, straight Archivist. Naturally gets access to the Druid list, and with a bit of work, gets everything on the Wizard list.

Rubik
2014-02-26, 11:14 AM
Mhm. I condone this. ArcHier is pretty sweet.

Also, the title should read "Drood/Wixerd." And yes, it is for fite.I think you mean "wizzard."

animevacker1045
2014-02-27, 08:07 AM
After having look at it i definitely want max levels of arcane hierophant.
Fochlucan Lyrist is good but a druid-3/wizard 1 can't take prestige bard (from UA) which needs BAB 3 without taking 1 lvl more in druid or wizard. Is that feasible,if not what should i do?

it kinda goes without saying that i want 9th lvl Druid/Wizard spells as early as possible.

Grim Reader
2014-02-27, 09:37 AM

Nothing in the official complete arcane errata. On the faq it was said that trick does not work, however, the faq has no bearing on the rules or on RAW.

I think the place it was specifically called out not to work was the "hotly debated topics" thread on Wizards forums. And it doesn't look like anyone saved that:(

However, it does not work RAW. When you hit Druid 3, it turns into an extra level 2 Druid slot. It can never give you the Mystic Theurge prereqs.