PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Questions

Whitewolffang1
2014-02-25, 07:37 PM
"I'm new here so i am sorry if i posted in the wrong area." I am play a campaign locally and my DM devised a new way for us to obtain new Items. "We make them." "In the campaign so far i have killed (with my party) several Gorgon's and Basilisks and obtained several "Trophy" pieced from them like bones, skin, and scales, ect. so we have to craft items from said Items.

My character in said campaign is a 1/2 fiend 1/2 elf Ninja and is now LVL 9 effective LVL 13 in the Adventurer's hand book you'll find the specific Ninja class and one of the down falls is that I cant wear Armor or i cant used my Ninja abilities so far i have the base 10 plus 1 from being 1/2 fiend, (11), then 5 from DEX (16) and i add WIS from the ninja abilities 5 (21), amulet of Nat armor +2 (23) ring of Protection +1 (24) and then the Dodge Feat (25) all with no Armor.

So if you could tell me how to make clothing have AC without it being magical that would be great. I would prefer a PM but contacting me in any forw with some answers would be extremely appreciated.

one last thing if anyone is running a campaign that does'nt take place on Mondays or thursdays and it being 3.5 or pathfinder. "im a willing player with several campaigns under my belt i prefer to be a rogue/ninja but i can be a fighter/ranger/barbarian/Paladin if the group needs it.

nyjastul69
2014-02-25, 08:05 PM
This is one of those questions that goes directly to DM fiat. Your DM will have to decide what trophies are usefull for Craft skills and how those materials will augment any particular item crafted.

pi4t
2014-02-25, 08:35 PM
Conventionally, there's no way to make nonmagical clothing give a bonus to your AC: either it's granting a physical protection (in which case, by definition, it's armour), or it's a supernatural effect (in which case, by definition, they're magical). Of course, your DM might decide that you can craft something from certain creatures which can help you (eg (s)he might say "you can craft clothing from the skin of an X which is strong enough to give a +1 armour bonus but is flexible enough that it doesn't count as armour). That isn't in the standard rules, but then again nor is crafting things from the creatures you kill in that sense. I'd advise asking him/her if there's a material which you could make clothes out of which will give you an armour bonus. If he says yes, then there's your answer; if he says no, then I'm afraid that there isn't anything.

Whitewolffang1
2014-02-28, 02:19 AM
"Thanks for the help, i was going to ask him but he is always too busy before our once a week meeting for the game, so i suppose ill ask him then." "it will be more a less a no im pretty sure, but it never hurts to ask am i right?" im a half fiend in this campaign meaning i had to use 4 levels so everyone is 1-4 levels higher than me and they use armor. but because they started out a higher lvl the DM gave them exponentially more GP more than me to purchase things from the beginning.. so they in turn possess better equipment and items.... and with the money i did have i didn't need armor so that was a plus the way i see it. but each person was only able to purchase 2 "Wonderous items" weather they be minor-major.

Endril
2014-02-28, 02:21 PM
Well if it helps, your experience needed and starting gold is supposed to be based off of your effective character level. So you should have started with as much gold as everyone else, but that's ultimately up to your D.M.

Why don't you want the clothing to be magical? The easiest answer I can think of is magical vestment. A cleric could cast it on you, or you could buy the oil. Or you could just use bracers of armor. If your armor can't be magical, maybe you could convince your D.M. to let you use your ninja abilities with armor that has no spell failure, such as Thistedown padded.