PDA

View Full Version : [EMPIRE!] A Clash of Nations....

WaylanderX
2014-02-26, 04:03 PM
[EMPIRE!] A Clash of Nations....

This thread is for two players only: WaylanderX, RainDragon and Arkosia.

Please do not post anything if you are not there (unless you are the DM and want to do something weird).

Premise: Eyrecradia colonized the region under Kasumor (4b) without asking any permission or offering any treaty. Kasumor felt very threatened by this and requested diplomates to be send for an explanation. However, after an empty promise and two years of waiting, Kasumor's patience has run thin and they invade the region. Eyrecredia sends some diplomats in response after all to see if they could salvage the situation. Sanctuary, hearing of this situation, offers to lend a helping hand in resolving this situation.

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 04:06 PM
Two moss elves, a ore elf, and three gem elves arrive, in diplomatic garb, accompanying Weiss herself.

WaylanderX
2014-02-27, 03:27 AM
The elves and Weiss herself are "welcomed", if you can call it like that, by a squad of very heavily armed guards. They look a bit distrustfull to the elves present and the leader only says: "If you would follow me please?", before leading the way to the Kyuden. Once inside the palace fortress, they there lead to a decently sized room, in which the Shïnguard was sitting behind a desk, standing up to recieve the guests as they entered. However, there was no twinkle of hospitality or myrth in his eyes, just cold, freezing contempt. "Well, it seems that the messengers have arrived after all, after two years of waiting. Welcome, Mistress Weiss and entourage. Take a seat. And tell me why you have come here, what you hope to achieve by coming here after you disgraced me."

Rain Dragon
2014-02-27, 07:26 AM
"Did you presume to begin without me?" the Kasumori guards at the door part to allow a rather beautiful, curvy woman standing at an impressive 7'6 through the door. Her pale lilac hair was cropped short in the Tekorvan fashion. Her stance, flowing, demure white robe and cherry pink sash marked her as none other than the Aristocrat Akira Sakuranbo of Tekorva. Behind her, two Scholars are already on the floor in a bow to the royalty present.

Bowing slightly in the Tekorvan fashion, Sakuranbo says, "It is good to see that you are well. I see you for the first time. My name is Akira Sakuranbo, Aristocrat of Tekorva, come to act as Voice of Sanctuary. Elder Ambvard wishes your nations well."
Awaiting the opportunity to sit, Sakuranbo coolly observes the room.

WaylanderX
2014-02-27, 07:41 AM
"Did you presume to begin without me?" the Kasumori guards at the door part to allow a rather beautiful, curvy woman standing at an impressive 7'6 through the door. Her pale lilac hair was cropped short in the Tekorvan fashion. Her stance, flowing, demure white robe and cherry pink sash marked her as none other than the Aristocrat Akira Sakuranbo of Tekorva. Behind her, two Scholars are already on the floor in a bow to the royalty present.

Bowing slightly in the Tekorvan fashion, Sakuranbo says, "It is good to see that you are well. I see you for the first time. My name is Akira Sakuranbo, Aristocrat of Tekorva, come to act as Voice of Sanctuary. Elder Ambvard wishes your nations well."
Awaiting the opportunity to sit, Sakuranbo coolly observes the room.

"Well Met, Aristocrat Akira Sakuranbo. The pleasure is all mine. Please, take a seat. It was my understanding that you would arrive slightly later. My apologies for this misunderstanding. I am Marius Earthguard, Shïnguard of Kasumor and leader of this country."
Marius bid everyone to take a seat, arranging a small table for each of the scholars to write upon. He then seated himself firmly and looked to both Weiss and Akira.
"Well, now everyone in this room is seated, lets discuss the urgent matters at hand. Surely miss Akira knows of the situation, or else she wouldn't have been send here. Would Queen Weiss be so glad to provide us with an explanation and a reason why I should not send my forces beneath us? On the subject of that, did you already colonize the area beneath Earthhome and the Shintouite Mountain Range?"
Marius' voice sounded cold as polar ice.

Rain Dragon
2014-02-27, 07:51 AM
"Well met Shinguard Marius Earthguard. May your blade ever reach its target."

Sakuranbo seats herself after the other two Rulers have seated themselves and politely awaits Weiss' explanation of the affair. Looking around subtly, she searches for refreshments.

Hopefully the misunderstanding would be resolved swiftly.

Arkhosia
2014-02-27, 05:51 PM
The elves and Weiss herself are "welcomed", if you can call it like that, by a squad of very heavily armed guards. They look a bit distrustfull to the elves present and the leader only says: "If you would follow me please?", before leading the way to the Kyuden. Once inside the palace fortress, they there lead to a decently sized room, in which the Shïnguard was sitting behind a desk, standing up to recieve the guests as they entered. However, there was no twinkle of hospitality or myrth in his eyes, just cold, freezing contempt. "Well, it seems that the messengers have arrived after all, after two years of waiting. Welcome, Mistress Weiss and entourage. Take a seat. And tell me why you have come here, what you hope to achieve by coming here after you disgraced me."

Negotiations. Forgive the wait, our main tunnel to the surface suffered a cave-in and we had to find another.
She replies, taking a seat.

WaylanderX
2014-02-27, 06:07 PM
Negotiations. Forgive the wait, our main tunnel to the surface suffered a cave-in and we had to find another.
She replies, taking a seat.

Marius looked sceptical. "And? You could have taken a slight detour through the Heartwaste instead. Surely that would have been a minor price to pay for a diplomatic solution. And you have not answered my question, what do you hope to achieve by coming here after you disgraced me? What kind of compromise are you offering? Or are you just here to mock Kasumor again? If so, these negotiations will be over very very quickly and I am not sure you would like the outcome."
Marius' face began turning red with rage.

Arkhosia
2014-02-27, 06:14 PM
Marius looked sceptical. "And? You could have taken a slight detour through the Heartwaste instead. Surely that would have been a minor price to pay for a diplomatic solution. And you have not answered my question, what do you hope to achieve by coming here after you disgraced me? What kind of compromise are you offering? Or are you just here to mock Kasumor again? If so, these negotiations will be over very very quickly and I am not sure you would like the outcome."
Marius' face began turning red with rage.

To prevent war. I would like to propose a compromise: We evacuate the land below your major cities and provide a discount in trading.
She reolies

Rain Dragon
2014-02-27, 06:32 PM
"Forgive the interruption, but the tunnels of Eyrecradia are not the best. No offense to those present. When we have engineers to spare, it was our plan to assist in the improvement of routes between Heartwaste and Eyrecradia with their permission so that we may begin trade."

Sakuranbo speaks calmly, but firmly. She is hoping her use of Formal Speech despite her position compared with those present will assist in lessening some of the rapidly mounting tension.

EDIT - typo

WaylanderX
2014-02-28, 05:44 PM
To prevent war. I would like to propose a compromise: We evacuate the land below your major cities and provide a discount in trading.
She reolies

"For the sake of diplomacy, I will hear your proposition. What is the full extend of what you are offering?" Marius said, while looking at the elven ruler. He regained his composure. No need to let his prowess slip here, even if the chance of a well formulated agreement was small.

"Forgive the interruption, but the tunnels of Eyrecradia are not the best. No offense to those present. When we have engineers to spare, it was our plan to assist in the improvement of routes between Heartwaste and Eyrecradia with their permission so that we may begin trade."

Sakuranbo speaks calmly, but firmly. She is hoping her use of Formal Speech despite her position compared with those present will assist in lessening some of the rapidly mounting tension.

"However, their connection with the surface is still good enough to allow trade with other nations. I would think that sending an emissary would be quite a trivial venture." Marius replied. "I feel quite slighted that the people of Eyrecradia think so little of Kasumor's prowess, that they think they can just ignore us and do as they please directly under my homeland."

Arkhosia
2014-02-28, 06:02 PM
Half the cost for trading.

WaylanderX
2014-02-28, 06:05 PM
Half the cost for trading.

Marius raised his right eyebrow. "And what exactly do you mean by that? "Half the cost of trading" is a tad bit vague. Would you care to elaborate?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-28, 06:10 PM
Marius raised his right eyebrow. "And what exactly do you mean by that? "Half the cost of trading" is a tad bit vague. Would you care to elaborate?"

Any export to my nation will be worth twice as much, and any import to yours will be worth twice as less.

WaylanderX
2014-02-28, 06:26 PM
Any export to my nation will be worth twice as much, and any import to yours will be worth twice as less.

Marius sunk back into his chair, deep in thought. "Under normal circumstances, I would have accepted that offer. However, Kasumor has no goods to spare, so a beneficial trading agreement would bring us nothing. I propose the following though."
He leaned forward again.
"You evacuate the northern half of the underground region, which I will then claim. You will keep the southern part, including the lakes present there. We will then divide the resources present, trading the resources that are present with eachother, at the normal 1:1 ratio. If I find any other resources in the northern half, you will be the first one I trade it with, preferably in exchange for your platinum or your moss, although I do not mind to switch that up a little. In addition, I wish to form a treaty ensuring no militairy activity of any kind in the shared area, unless there is a situation that is dangerous for us both. This is my final proposition."
A small smile appeared on Marius' lips.
"Who knows, maybe we can even extend this treaty in the future."

Edit: Typos and clarifications

Arkhosia
2014-02-28, 06:28 PM
Marius sunk back into his chair, deep in thought. "Under normal circumstances, I would have accepted that offer. However, Kasumor has no goods to spare, so a beneficial trading agreement would bring us nothing. I propose the following though."
He leaned forward again.
"You evacuate the northern half of the underground region, which I will then claim. You will keep the southern part, including the lakes present there. We will then divide the resources present, trading the resources that are present with eachother, at the normal 1:1 ratio. If I find any other resources in the northern half, you will be the first one I trade it with, preferably in exchange for your platinum or your moss, although I do not mind to switch that up a little. In addition, I wish to form a treaty ensuring no militairy activity of any kind in the shared area, unless there is a situation that is dangerous for us both. This is my final proposition."

Edit: Typos and clarifications
Deal.
Weiss replies, offering a hand to shake

WaylanderX
2014-02-28, 06:35 PM
Deal.
Weiss replies, offering a hand to shake

"Excellent." Marius accepts Weiss hand, sealing the agreement. "May the newfound land underground grant prowess to us both."
A scholar writes the agreement down, passes it over to Marius, who signes it. He then gives Weiss the parchment.

OOC: I thought, I'm not a bad guy, lets settle it like this. I'll go looking for land elsewhere ;P. However, I saw that 4B isnt statted out yet, so we'll have to see what else is in there. Nice doing business with ya mate.

Arkhosia
2014-02-28, 06:39 PM
"Excellent." Marius accepts Weiss hand, sealing the agreement. "May the newfound land underground grant prowess to us both."
A scholar writes the agreement down, passes it over to Marius, who signes it. He then gives Weiss the parchment.

OOC: I thought, I'm not a bad guy, lets settle it like this. I'll go looking for land elsewhere ;P. However, I saw that 4B isnt statted out yet, so we'll have to see what else is in there. Nice doing business with ya mate.

Weiss checks it for any "fine Print" and signs if nothing was different than what was stated.

WaylanderX
2014-02-28, 06:44 PM
Weiss checks it for any "fine Print" and signs if nothing was different than what was stated.

OOC: There were no fine Prints. Ok, lets say you get 2/3 Squid due to the lakes present in the south and I get the other 1 from lakes in the north. Does that sound logical to you? Just trying to figure out how the hell the division works. The local population will be halved offcourse, but the resources we have to discuss for a sec.

Edit: Maybe its wiser to just let you keep the Squid and that I'll take the resource in the north. Easier that way. I'll contact Morph about it tomorrow.

Arkhosia
2014-02-28, 06:57 PM
OOC: There were no fine Prints. Ok, lets say you get 2/3 Squid due to the lakes present in the south and I get the other 1 from lakes in the north. Does that sound logical to you? Just trying to figure out how the hell the division works. The local population will be halved offcourse, but the resources we have to discuss for a sec.

Edit: Maybe its wiser to just let you keep the Squid and that I'll take the resource in the north. Easier that way. I'll contact Morph about it tomorrow.

OOC: Okay! :smallbiggrin:
Time to edit my actions!

WaylanderX
2014-02-28, 07:01 PM
OOC: Okay! :smallbiggrin:
Time to edit my actions!

OOC: Same here ;)