PDA

View Full Version : Hellfire Warlock

Lucifer Haine
2014-02-26, 05:52 PM
My character is soon to be a Half Dogai Szarkai with fiendish wings, that is as of right now level six. I was thinking of taking a level in Hellfire Warlock now. I already have the Greater Chasuble of Fell Power and a sneak attack of +4d6. On a sneak attack I deal 9d6 not counting if I use through a weapon. I felt that the Hellfire would be great for damage output. I was wondering what is the item that many use for Hellfire Warlocks that heals that point of Constitution but is not an immunity?

Juntao112
2014-02-26, 05:53 PM
The Strongheart Vest from MoI, perhaps? Not quite an item, but close.

Yorrin
2014-02-26, 06:00 PM
The only undisputed way is a one level dip in Binder for Naberius, who can heal your Con at 1/round. Strongheart Vest is easier to access (just a feat), but debated as to whether or not it counts as immunity for the purposes of Hellfire Warlock, so check with your DM on his opinion. Afaik there's no item that does it, though.

Snowbluff
2014-02-26, 06:19 PM
The only undisputed way is a one level dip in Binder for Naberius, who can heal your Con at 1/round. Strongheart Vest is easier to access (just a feat), but debated as to whether or not it counts as immunity for the purposes of Hellfire Warlock, so check with your DM on his opinion. Afaik there's no item that does it, though.

This. In the vest's defense, it is not an immunity. Others would say that since it negates the penalty, it's a form of immunity.

Anxe
2014-02-26, 06:19 PM
My player who did Hellfire Warlock used the Delay Potion feat and a bunch of lesser restoration potions.

GeekGirl
2014-02-26, 07:37 PM
Warlocks are pretty talented at UMD, you could always pick up a Rod of Bodily Restoration. Not the most optimal choice, but no question whether it will work.

Big Fau
2014-02-27, 11:18 AM
A Wand of Lesser Restoration works since Warlocks have UMD (and Deceive Item).

A Rod of Bodily Restoration also does the job, but is limited in uses/day.

Lucifer Haine
2014-02-27, 04:42 PM
Thank you all for the help I will talk to my dm about these and see which is best

Lucifer Haine
2014-02-28, 12:23 PM
Can the bind vestige feat be taken by a warlock half dogai szarkai, or does it have to be a specific class?

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-28, 12:26 PM
Anyone can take Bind Vestige, but it won't work-- it only grants specific bonuses, and Naberius' ability damage healing isn't one of them.

Lucifer Haine
2014-02-28, 12:28 PM
Alright thank you

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-01, 11:00 PM
I've decided to go with the binder class because upon looking at the class it fits perfectly with my characters motif.