PDA

View Full Version : Poor Miko (the perfect storm)

Adeptus
2007-01-31, 02:44 PM
I had forgotten about this one:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0373.html

Looking at the sequense of events that led Miko to the throne room I have to say I'd be impressed with the player who played such a fundamentalis character so to the hilt.

Poor Miko. It did all make sense afterall.

Adeptus
2007-01-31, 02:53 PM
To clarify, I still think she is a bit of a loony, but I'd really be impressed with the roleplayer who stuck to character so well.

Alysar
2007-01-31, 03:03 PM
That brings up the question of whether we will ever eventually see the players of the characters.

It was never actually established if Miko was a PC or NPC, was it?

Lord Zentei
2007-01-31, 03:05 PM
That brings up the question of whether we will ever eventually see the players of the characters.

It was never actually established if Miko was a PC or NPC, was it?

I'm pretty sure she is an NPC, what with being an antagonist and all.

Adeptus
2007-01-31, 03:10 PM
I don't think the OotS world has players. It's a world that runs on the D&D rules (and the characters know it), but there has never been any references to players.

Much neater that way, I feel.

I was just saying that Miko's plunge into regicide was consistent (and bad luck), and that I would be impressed if a player did that in my game (or a game I was in).

Glome
2007-01-31, 03:43 PM
I had forgotten about this one:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0373.html

Looking at the sequense of events that led Miko to the throne room I have to say I'd be impressed with the player who played such a fundamentalis character so to the hilt.

Poor Miko. It did all make sense afterall.

Well the Giant is definitely good as foreshadowing future events and carrying out a consistant narrative with characters who make believable actions based off their personalities.

However, this only makes sense to Miko because of her character trait that allows her to jump to a particular conclusion which she is certain is right while ignoring all contradicting evidence and any alternative explanations.

Just think of the jump of logic that one must make to come to be 100% certain of a conclusion that the OOTS must be in liege with Xykon all based on the mere fact that Xykon happens to be alive despite being told otherwise by the OOTS, while ignoring the clear evidence that Xykon only has a vague notion of who the Greenhilt even is.

Then she has to make another jump in logic to be certain Shojo is also in cohots with Xykon based off of more minor duplicity and being associated with the OOTS, and that Shojo is both powerful enough to overturn any trial which he is put in and yet weak enough that he has to feign senility just to stay in power. I don't know if even Stephen Colbert could play someone who could think in such absolute black and white terms. Her character has definitely taken zealotry to a whole new level.

Minty
2007-01-31, 03:54 PM

Why? Playing crazy/zealous characters is easy.

Alysar
2007-01-31, 04:08 PM
I don't think the OotS world has players. It's a world that runs on the D&D rules (and the characters know it), but there has never been any references to players.

The terms PCs and NPCs have been used in the comic. That sort of implies that that there are players

the_tick_rules
2007-01-31, 04:14 PM
well i don't think the giant is gonna at the end show this whole series was a group of D@D players in our world. what hospital showed in the end had the entire series be the imagination of some autistic kid who was in the real world hospital, everyone hated that i remember hearing on VH1.

Adeptus
2007-01-31, 06:25 PM
Why? Playing crazy/zealous characters is easy.

True. But one like Miko that doesn't (or didn't) actually froth at the mouth, but was driven slowly to breaking point by her unbending viewpoint, and the unfortunate way life happened to present things to her.