PDA

View Full Version : [D20 Modern] Swedish Murder Machine

Skevvix
2014-02-26, 07:20 PM
My group rotates DMs every couple months, and that's next Sunday. I am supposed to have a level 1 PC ready to go, but I am not familiar with d20 modern at all. I only have the SRD to work with, and have been reading through while it's slow at work.

Build restrictions:
Starting at level 1
SRD material only
Starting Stats 2 18's, 2 14's, 2 10's

So my beginning idea is to have a Tough Fast hero that goes into Soldier maybe. Basic concept is that I will have a nice Assault Rifle eventually and provide ranged support/scouting/flanking for the group.

So any advice for a new player to D20 Modern? I have no clue what feats to take, the only thing I was thinking about was starting occupation of Adventurer Military to get the Know(tactics) for Soldier.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: After going through some more I decided that Fast would be better as it gives the feats I want, and I can come back to Tough for the DR and energy resists after I finish Soldier.

Still though, any build advice/help?

Skevvix
2014-02-27, 07:42 PM
Updated the title to induce more help with a secondary option. I will still stat out the fast/soldier/gunslinger as an option, but in case the group needs a murder machine I want to have one ready.

So the Swedish Murder Machine, I think, requires being Tough for the DR and energy resists. Focus would be unarmed/combat knife and improvised weapons. Pick up a henchman and use him as a large club. throw the severed arm of another to trip the whimpy ones that flee, that sort of thing. Also needs to have max ranks in drive and a super sweet dodge charger. Can anyone give me some help with either of these build styles?