PDA

View Full Version : PF: Playing a familiar... but which one?

Dimcair
2014-02-26, 11:28 PM
Thinking about grabbing imroved familiar at wizard 7.
My apathic wizard already never talks, his raven does that for him.

Now I am thinking about having something go wrong during the ritual and the Imp takes control, or maybe thats what my wizard makes him believe. The Imp would refer to the Wizard as HIS familiar etc..

Now, I am intrigued by the imp due to the warlock imp relationship in wow. But are there any other familiars that go well with the planned action? Or simmilar? Comments are welcome aswell =)

cheers

Spore
2014-02-27, 12:27 AM
The standard imp in WoW knows full well that he is enslaved by the warlock and needs him. Still everything is better than the Nether in that game so he is happy to be summoned (if only he didn't have to server you for it!). Also WoW Imps are pretty much NOT devils but demons and chaotic in nature.

A classical D&D Imp would be a lot more settled and cunning. Less chaotic destruction and pain, more planned out long term goals. If you reference the WoW Imp for a Quasit, you're good to go but the D&D Imp has no WoW counterpart to speak of.

Dimcair
2014-02-27, 05:22 AM
Oh I dont try to create a counterpart. All I was trying to say is that the imp is an obvious choice for me and I am wondering if there are more fun possibilities in terms of familars that fit this scenario =)

Meaning ability to speak, alter self is cool aswell. Possibly bad intentions etc. even doe I wont let my char do anything evil