PDA

View Full Version : Using weapons in animal form.

Oprichnik0426
2014-02-27, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know of a way to make it so you can use weapons while turned into an animal such as a bear? I think you could do it as a gorilla or something similar without much issue. The only thing I could think of would be to maybe get some special weapon/gauntlet combination that attached to the claw made.

geekintheground
2014-02-27, 01:54 AM
i have heard of something that lets you use weapons with your mouth if you have a bite attack... or that could have just been from "Another Gaming Comic" :/

TuggyNE
2014-02-27, 02:18 AM
i have heard of something that lets you use weapons with your mouth if you have a bite attack... or that could have just been from "Another Gaming Comic" :/

AGC is generally pretty good about citing actual rules material, and this is no exception; Lords of Madness has the mouthpick weapon, designed chiefly to allow beholders to behold you and weapon you at the same time.

Uncle Pine
2014-02-27, 09:21 AM
In addition to the mouthpick enhancement, although inferior to it, there's the opposable enhancement from Masters of the Wild. It's a +1 enhancement that creates a magic thumb on the weapon, enabling creature without prehensile limbs to wield it. However, unless you plan to turn into a form that doesn't have a bite attack (highly improbable, since most of the non-humanoid creatures, especially animals, have at least a bite attack), but it does have (a pair of) limb(s) it doesn't need to walk and you're proficient with the enchanted weapon, just stick to the mouthpick enhancement: it's way better.

EDIT: I doublechecked and there are only 4 animals in the MM1 who can use an opposable weapon but can't use a mouthpick weapon: manta rays, owls, ravens and baleen whales. I also forgot to mention that Masters of the Wild is a 3.0 supplement.

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-27, 09:49 AM
If I remember right, there is a mask that GRANTS a bite attack. Put a clasp on that and you can wield your weapon regardless of form you take.

Red Fel
2014-02-27, 10:17 AM
Gloves of Man, Savage Species. Any creature with limbs lacking in thumbs can put them on for instant thumbs. Frankly, it even works on creatures who had thumbs but got them cut off.

Turn into a bear, put on a pair of gloves, and be a freaky bear with human hands.

eggynack
2014-02-27, 11:19 AM
If you're a not-druid, then the solutions listed are probably the best. If you're a not-not-druid, and if your race is non-humanoid (I'd go with anthropomorphic bat), then I'd advise picking up fangshields druid substitution levels (CV, 40), which lets you manifest hands in a wild shape at absolutely no cost aside from meeting the conditions necessary to take the substitution level.

Uncle Pine
2014-02-27, 12:29 PM
If I remember right, there is a mask that GRANTS a bite attack. Put a clasp on that and you can wield your weapon regardless of form you take.

Fanged Mask, MIC 99. Which is yet another reason to say mouthpick is better than opposable. Wilding Clasp are also in MIC, page 190. Want to be a manta ray with a mouthpick spiked chain? You're only 12.300 gp away from your dream!