PDA

View Full Version : D&D Jack of Blades

Fear_Zod
2007-01-31, 03:39 PM
hey everone, Im looking for jack of blades build

ok if you've played fable you know how im talking about

if not what i need is a gish, with good summons, good attack spells, and good in close combat and some form of magic mask,(most likely the soulmeld ones)

im looking for a 20th level build, with 32pts buy

books allowed any bar FR

For race id perfair 0 LA or 1 at most,most likely human

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-31, 03:41 PM
I would go with a gestalt Psion/ swashbuckler/ rogue with the daring outlaw feat into master of masks prestige class on the psion side. That could fit the Jack pretty well. Human or tiefling would work really well.

YPU
2007-01-31, 03:43 PM
Are you aware that in the lost chapters it is clearly revealed that jack is one of the last (if not the last) dragon. That would be the race for you. Oh, he wears half plate in dragon form.
But yea, he’s cool. I am making a copy of his mask for a larp.
Ow, and the mask is a intelligent item, again noted in lost chapters. I figure it would offer special abilities. It really likes to control its wearer and is chaotic evil.

Fear_Zod
2007-01-31, 03:48 PM
Are you aware that in the lost chapters it is clearly revealed that jack is one of the last (if not the last) dragon. That would be the race for you. Oh, he wears half plate in dragon form.
But yea, he’s cool. I am making a copy of his mask for a larp.

larp mask.............DAMN YOU STEALING MY NEW CHARACTER FOR LARP TOOO :P

yeah i know his a dragon but I prefair the idea of him just being a person, so i wanted a player build.

TheGreatJabu
2007-01-31, 03:53 PM
Jack of Blades is PROBABLY either a Gestalt character or simply has dual-classed with high levels. He's obviously got to have Arcane spells to be able to Summon, Fly, and use his offensive spells. However, as you noted he's also a really good fighter. He doesn't APPEAR to have "heavy" armor on in his typical form, so I'd probably say that he's something akin to a Bladesinger. Sure, they're restricted to elves and half-elves, but hey - this is your game, so you can let Jack have any PrC that you darned well please! Unfortunately, my friend borrowed my Complete Warrior book, so I can't make you a fleshed-out character sheet, but I can propose my general guidelines.

Attributes:
Str 12
Dex 15 +1 at lvl 4
Con 12
Int 16 +1 at lvl 8, +1 at lvl 20
Wis 10
Cha 12 +1 at lvl 12, +1 at lvl 16

I say that points in Charisma because during his speech at the Arena, he seemed to be immensely popular, despite him wanting the main character to kill Whisper in cold blood. Once he began his rise to fame I believe he began working on his ability to inspire/manipulate his followers and foes.

As for his levels, I'd say he is something like a Swashbuckler 4/Wizard 6/Bladesinger 10.

If I get my hands back on Complete Warrior soon, I'll try to make him complete. Otherwise, that's my suggestion for your "starting point".

YPU
2007-01-31, 03:57 PM
larp mask.............DAMN YOU STEALING MY NEW CHARACTER FOR LARP TOOO :P

yeah i know his a dragon but I prefair the idea of him just being a person, so i wanted a player build.
You can always say it switched person between two encounters.

Well, its not the main future of the character. I am a high ranking member of the thief’s guild, and we all wear masks when we work for the guild. But I don’t do that very often since I am the third ranking member of the traders guild, and yes the leaders of the guilds know my positions, and that offers us (well, especially me) a lot of options.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-31, 04:11 PM
Battle Sorceror 20.

YPU
2007-01-31, 04:17 PM
Battle Sorceror 20. hey, yea, thats right.

Fear_Zod
2007-01-31, 04:50 PM
I was hoping for something a bit more flashy that just battle sorcerer, with a better combat multiplyer i mean base attack bonus :P

also something that gives me better then normal summonings

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-31, 05:14 PM
If gestalt is an option I really would recommend that if not a couple levels in psion (shaper) with some shaper feats to boost your constructs would be pretty close then add swashbuckler/ master of masks.

Fear_Zod
2007-01-31, 06:05 PM
good idea,

Fear_Zod
2007-01-31, 06:13 PM
current build idea swordsage2/fighter1(casting in armour variant)/wizard3/Jadefire phoneix mage10/abjuring champion 4

YPU
2007-02-01, 01:28 PM
ouwch, that realy hurst you know. yeah, that could be jack.

Fear_Zod
2007-02-01, 01:35 PM
yeah i like the idea of him , laying into people with 8th level meanvours, and 9th level spells, and then explode and full heal himself, come make to lay into people again

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-01, 02:40 PM
Hmm... This gives me an idea for a transitional prestige class that turns your character into a sentient magic item.

Isn't master of masks about wearing differant masks at differant times? That doesn't seem to fit.

Fear_Zod
2007-02-01, 03:14 PM
thats a cool idea, take alook at fiend of possession as they can possess an item and it becomes magic